Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2014
AOR Received.
06-08-2014
Med's Done....
02-01-2015
In my experience Alberta is the same as Ontario. My wife's Alberta Health insurance expires on the day her work permit expires. They will grant a one time 90 day extension if you request it. But even with that she may be without health insurance for a period of time as we started our application in March. So if it takes more than 11 months for us to reach AIP it will be close.

Born in Alberta Paid taxes my whole life.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
mary63 said:
my visa application was rejected today and the reasons are listed as: immigration status, purpose of visit, and fail to provide current enrolment and academic standing. I am here on a study permit but their system did not ask me to upload proof of my academic standing and you know it's not possible to upload extra documents!

is this common to be rejected for a visa while we are in the process of PR? i will go see the MP this week. anyone has had this situation and can share their experience please? thanks!
Sorry to hear mary63.
In relation to this i have a question. What happens if visa is rejected and have submitted inland with PR?
Will the person still be on implied status? Would a visa refusal indicate that the person needs to leave on a certain date? But what if there is an owp in transit?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mary63 said:
my visa application was rejected today and the reasons are listed as: immigration status, purpose of visit, and fail to provide current enrolment and academic standing. I am here on a study permit but their system did not ask me to upload proof of my academic standing and you know it's not possible to upload extra documents!

is this common to be rejected for a visa while we are in the process of PR? i will go see the MP this week. anyone has had this situation and can share their experience please? thanks!
study permit rules have changed since June 1. you have to be enrolled in a designated institution to be provided with a permit from now on. You need to mention the DLI number on the application as well. did you submit your study permit along with the PR application? don't think they can give open study permits like they do with work permits.

so anyone who had submitted study permit, do take a note of it.

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
My husband's (Brazilian) application was received January 29/14 and he/we received notice from CIC May 14/14 confirming the receipt of the sponsorship/PR application. As I keep watch on it, they have not done anything.

In the meantime, hubby had to extend his visa (which we just got approval of). He applied for a year extension, but it is only valid until October 25/14.

I'm just a little discouraged. He cannot work until they approve my application as sponsor and it just seems like a never ending road. We've been married for 5 years - why on earth doesn't the system go faster for couples that have been together for a substantial amount of time and have children together.

Just need to vent a little.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jbaia said:
My husband's (Brazilian) application was received January 29/14 and he/we received notice from CIC May 14/14 confirming the receipt of the sponsorship/PR application. As I keep watch on it, they have not done anything.

In the meantime, hubby had to extend his visa (which we just got approval of). He applied for a year extension, but it is only valid until October 25/14.

I'm just a little discouraged. He cannot work until they approve my application as sponsor and it just seems like a never ending road. We've been married for 5 years - why on earth doesn't the system go faster for couples that have been together for a substantial amount of time and have children together.

Just need to vent a little.
how come you waited for so long if you are married for 5 years? rules were so much simpler back then.

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
chakrab said:
how come you waited for so long if you are married for 5 years? rules were so much simpler back then.
We were living in Brazil and just moved to Canada in December of 2013. That's why.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jbaia said:
We were living in Brazil and just moved to Canada in December of 2013. That's why.
are you a PR or citizen? a citizen can sponsor from outside the country as well.

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
chakrab said:
are you a PR or citizen? a citizen can sponsor from outside the country as well.
I'm a Canadian citizen...
Yes, we could have applied from outside the country but we had no $$.

As it is, it is still frustrating that the wait is so long for couples (not just my situation, but all couples that have been married legit for more than a year or two).

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
chakrab said:
study permit rules have changed since June 1. you have to be enrolled in a designated institution to be provided with a permit from now on. You need to mention the DLI number on the application as well. did you submit your study permit along with the PR application? don't think they can give open study permits like they do with work permits.

so anyone who had submitted study permit, do take a note of it.
I have a study permit which is good until dec 2015. i dont have to leave the country, but if i go out of canada then i cant come back in! which is very disappointing because it means i cant travel for fun or go to conferences, etc

I am enrolled at university right now. i filled the questionnaire again last night and it turns out if i had selected "i have a study permit for a specific institution or level of education" then they would ask for my transcripts and enrollment letter, but i had selected "i have a study permit" when i applied for a visa.

anyways, the MP was very busy and couldnt talk to us yesterday, but i will call today to make an appointment with them. I hope they can help.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mary63 said:
I have a study permit which is good until dec 2015. i dont have to leave the country, but if i go out of canada then i cant come back in! which is very disappointing because it means i cant travel for fun or go to conferences, etc

I am enrolled at university right now. i filled the questionnaire again last night and it turns out if i had selected "i have a study permit for a specific institution or level of education" then they would ask for my transcripts and enrollment letter, but i had selected "i have a study permit" when i applied for a visa.

anyways, the MP was very busy and couldnt talk to us yesterday, but i will call today to make an appointment with them. I hope they can help.
if you have a valid study visa and a study permit, then you can leave the country and come back. your study permit has nothing to do with your PR application. they are separate.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
I understand. I have a valid study permit, but my visa expires end of june 2014, and my application to get a new visa was rejected. so i think that means i cant re-enter canada if i leave

i just talked to a cic agent about AOR for pr. and she said it might take 5-6 months to create a file in their system and send out AOR emails. i guess they are getting even slower than before

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Jumps2013 said:
In my experience Alberta is the same as Ontario. My wife's Alberta Health insurance expires on the day her work permit expires. They will grant a one time 90 day extension if you request it. But even with that she may be without health insurance for a period of time as we started our application in March. So if it takes more than 11 months for us to reach AIP it will be close.

Born in Alberta Paid taxes my whole life.
For her to qualify on her own, you're right. But as your dependent, she qualifies as long as she is living with you in Alberta. I've heard plenty of people in Alberta confirm this though I have heard of people being refused and being forced to appeal (which they then win because Alberta law is actually clear on this point).

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hi All,
My spouse got her Canadian citizenship like 15years ago, she can't really remember the date, is there a way she can obtain the date and exact year and also her client ID?
Thanks all

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lounge said:
Hi All,
My spouse got her Canadian citizenship like 15years ago, she can't really remember the date, is there a way she can obtain the date and exact year and also her client ID?
Thanks all
I do believe the date obtained citizenship would be written on the canada citizenship card.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
screech339 said:
I do believe the date obtained citizenship would be written on the canada citizenship card.
I doubt it. We too had the same trouble as my spouse had a hard time trying to find out the date 15 years ago. It was not on the citizenship card; at least not on the card that was issued back then. My spouse remembered given a Bible at the citizenship ceremony and it has the date stamped on it. We located the Bible and that's how we got the date.

So try to think about something, any record, that might show the date...