+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catn87 said:
Received my interview notice a few minutes ago! We will be interviewing on July 8th in Vancouver!

I am from the USA, California/Washington states
Application was sent October 4, 2013
We received the Sponsorship approval on March 15th
I have not yet applied for my Open Work Permit, but before we do, we had a question!

About how long after the interview does it generally take to be approved and then receive the PR card? It seems as if applying for the Work Permit may take longer than getting PR approval, so we were debating whether it was worthwhile (and application fee) to do so now.

Thanks so much, very excited to finally be interviewed (I have been here since September 2012 and we were married March 2013)!
This sounds like it is your landing interview/appointment. If it is, there's absolutely NO reason to submit an OWP now, because you will likely pass the interview and will become a PR of Canada on July 8th.

Congratulations!

Nisha647

Mar 7, 2015
Hi guys, so I sent in my application but my TRV is expiring this month and I want to apply for an extension just incase my application is sent bck after my WP expires which is in August. However is says in the application guide to wait until the WP is approved. What should I do?

crmalone44

Feb 26, 2014
sophieee said:
I wouldn't risk my PR for 300 bucks. You got an official request, you need to do it again.
Thank you and agreed. I quickly came to that conclusion as well. Did the medical last Thursday, June 11 and was submitted by the panel physician via emedical.

LeBon

May 21, 2013
I'm very happy to say that I finally received the DM email this morning! Just waiting on the Montreal office to send a landing date - does anyone have any experience with them?

LeBon

May 21, 2013
Guanaquito said:
I feel like the only one left without DM :(yet, back at the end of Mach they just asked for the copy of the stamp of my last entry I made into Canada, no dependents, everything sent, should be a straight case ??? any body else waiting who apply before Dec 2013??
Hi Guanaquito, I applied in Oct 2013 and got DM this morning. They had made the same request to me (as well as a new medical) in early March.

yulialake

Oct 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone.
Has anybody who landed in April (or earlier) received their PR card already??
I'm going to vacation next month and a little concerned that I'm not going to get my PR on time (cuz we all know CIC). So I'm thinking to apply for a travel document for PR. But at the same time I don't really want to pay an extra 100ish dollars. Any advice??? Maybe somebody travel without a PR card?? ( I mean left the country without it and get it later).

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Hey guys!

I am writing thank you letters to all those who helped me and you 2013 applicants have a huge role to play in the success of my PR application in a mere 14 months! Thank you so much for everything!

I also had a question: How long after the landing does one normally receive the PR card in the mail? I land next week so just trying to figure out when I'll be ready to travel abroad!

Thanks again! xo

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Guanaquito said:
I feel like the only one left without DM :(yet, back at the end of Mach they just asked for the copy of the stamp of my last entry I made into Canada, no dependents, everything sent, should be a straight case ??? any body else waiting who apply before Dec 2013??
Did you order notes? It might show something that they are waiting on.

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
Mocha7 said:
See? we ARE back to back right? haha...good luck to your landing interview next week!!

Mine was smooth until the officer asked for my passport or citizenship card (I'm a Citizen and my wife is the applicant). I was a bit freaked out and I said I didn't know the sponsor was required to bring those documents and I showed her my health card, so she just let it go. I thought the passport request was for the applicant only. : (

I was told the PR card will come within 10 weeks so let's see how long it actually takes.
My husband just used his Ontario ID Card and that was fine - I think they just want to make sure it really is the sponsor who's there. Mine was pretty straight forward - walked in a TR at 8am, walked out a PR at 9:53am. Such a relief to finally have it all over!! We got told 8-12 weeks for the cards so maybe by next year if CIC timelines are anything to go by :p

Diarraye

Jul 22, 2014
Hi:I already get my AI for my inland application my application has been transferred to Calgary location for further assessment in April 2015 get email today from case processing agente Cic Calgary location requesting me to send my police certificate from my country and my valid passport, i email here back to ask if i can fax it she said yes,do you think my application is in good sign and do you think if my PR will be coming soon? ;D

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
yulialake said:
Hi everyone.
Has anybody who landed in April (or earlier) received their PR card already??
I'm going to vacation next month and a little concerned that I'm not going to get my PR on time (cuz we all know CIC). So I'm thinking to apply for a travel document for PR. But at the same time I don't really want to pay an extra 100ish dollars. Any advice??? Maybe somebody travel without a PR card?? ( I mean left the country without it and get it later).
Hi,

My wife landed in April 16th and no sign of PR card yet. The officer at the landing interview told us that it would only take 4 weeks, and 6 weeks at most.

I believe there is nothing wrong to travel with the PR paper (not the card), but I remember the officer telling us not to travel until she receives the PR card.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
JohnnyP said:
Hi,

My wife landed in April 16th and no sign of PR card yet. The officer at the landing interview told us that it would only take 4 weeks, and 6 weeks at most.

I believe there is nothing wrong to travel with the PR paper (not the card), but I remember the officer telling us not to travel until she receives the PR card.
If you are from a visa exempt country than holding a COPR paper for travel is fine. Since you can still board the plane with your passport. You show your COPR at the border to get back in. However if from non-visa exempt country, the airlines won't allow you to board the plane without your PR card.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
screech339 said:
If you are from a visa exempt country than holding a COPR paper for travel is fine. Since you can still board the plane with your passport. You show your COPR at the border to get back in. However if from non-visa exempt country, the airlines won't allow you to board the plane without your PR card.
Oh is this true? My spouse is from S Korea which is visa exempt, and we are waiting on the PR card to travel to the US.

Is it safe to just travel there with the COPR and her Korean passport then?

CherPare

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2015
Hey guys!

Back on March 31st, we were given AIP and asked to send in police clearance from my husband's country, we did it immediately and were informed by his country that it was mailed on May 7th.

We've been waiting ever since for DM. :/ The deadline for the police clearance was June 29th/2015. Is it possible the VO won't look at our file again until after this date or the police clearance never made it to them? I'm so worried it didn't make it!

We phoned CIC a couple weeks ago and the guy said there was no note about it yet. AH. :/ Anyone else have a similar experience?

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
I landed this morning.

Wanted to thank you, the 2013 applicants, for being a real guide and support system during this journey.

Thanks again and good luck to all those who are still stuck in the system <3