+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

nique2gee

Apr 8, 2015
ottawahd said:
Hi,

We went to Service Ontario today in Ottawa city hall. They said with the new policy just issued two weeks ago, the work permit case 27 is not enough anymore and they need AIP or job offer more than 6 months. wondering if anyone in the past two weeks was successful in obtaining OHIP with just the work permit.

That is very correct. One of the officer showed me the new requirement to get OHIP and it is mainly becus of this new PILOT PROGRAM....

Natalie0708

May 6, 2015
nique2gee said:
Hello, it is NO LONGER POSSIBLE to obtain OHIP with just OWP. According to three OHIP office i went to, they now require you to have full time job or AIP. I try to explain to them that some of my friends had it with just OHIP but was told it's been stopped since March this year.
I have given up on it tho, cus I have been living without OHIP and i can still bear till I AIP.
Good luck to you.....
Thank you for your update. Wish you get the AIP soon... Wish CIC speed up as well~~
Good luck! :)

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
nique2gee said:
That is very correct. One of the officer showed me the new requirement to get OHIP and it is mainly becus of this new PILOT PROGRAM....
Seriously?

So, CIC is so useless that it needs to come out with a pilot program that allows people to get OWP earlier, since they're required to wait a year longer for AIP than expected, and because of that you can't get OHIP with OWP any longer. Perfect.

And when I say "perfect" I mean absolutely ridiculous.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
GustavesF said:
Seriously?

So, CIC is so useless that it needs to come out with a pilot program that allows people to get OWP earlier, since they're required to wait a year longer for AIP than expected, and because of that you can't get OHIP with OWP any longer. Perfect.

And when I say "perfect" I mean absolutely ridiculous.
Agree 100%. This is by far the DUMBEST move I have seen yet by CIC/govt. This is absolutely ridiculous. I don't understand who makes these rules or why, but I believe its a bunch of monkeys.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
automaton82 said:
Agree 100%. This is by far the DUMBEST move I have seen yet by CIC/govt. This is absolutely ridiculous. I don't understand who makes these rules or why, but I believe its a bunch of monkeys.
It's honestly completely ridiculous.

We're supposed to be placated by the fact that they came out with the pilot program to put a band-aid on their absolutely laughable processing efficiency, but what they didn't mention is that the OWP's now only allow you to work, and don't get you health care.

Unfortunately I'm a Canadian citizen, if I wasn't I could have instantly gotten my wife healthcare and OWP since I work in one of those "desired fields".

bimba

May 7, 2015
Lurker here
my spouse landed today in Etobicoke, so I thought I would share our timeline stats

Application Received: 19-Dec-2013
AOR: 23-Jan-2014
OWP: 23-Mar-2015
Meds sometime in late March
Police check up-front
SA: 17-Apr-2015
AIP: 17-Apr-2015
DM: 17-Apr-2015
Landing scheduled by Etobicoke on May 4th via email
Landing appointment: May 7th

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
bimba said:
Lurker here
my spouse landed today in Etobicoke, so I thought I would share our timeline stats

Application Received: 19-Dec-2013
AOR: 23-Jan-2014
OWP: 23-Mar-2015
Meds sometime in late March
Police check up-front
SA: 17-Apr-2015
AIP: 17-Apr-2015
DM: 17-Apr-2015
Landing scheduled by Etobicoke on May 4th via email
Landing appointment: May 7th
Congrats and thanks for sharing!:)

ggfish

Oct 13, 2014
Thank you JohnnyP Lebon sophieee and GustavesF for responding to my frustrating situation regarding not receiving emails and being hung up on by an agent. You guys really eased the pain caused by the dumbass CIC. Will try everything you guys suggested.

mo2aka

Aug 23, 2011
Just wanted to update you guys
AOR sep 03/2013
Full AIP Feb 05/2015
Passport Requested March 11/2015

Haven't get a DM or Landing interview, How long is Edmonton office taking this days?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
ggfish said:
Thank you JohnnyP Lebon sophieee and GustavesF for responding to my frustrating situation regarding not receiving emails and being hung up on by an agent. You guys really eased the pain caused by the dumbass CIC. Will try everything you guys suggested.
I commend you for staying as positive as you are. I'd be absolutely livid if the reason I was stuck in limbo was because CIC took a week to figure out how to send an email, then failed at it anyway.

Record your phone calls with CIC, it's legal regardless of what they say.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=polis.app.callrecorder&hl=en

A lawful party to a call that starts and ends in Canada can record that call if they are doing so for a personal or journalistic reason and not a commercial purpose.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
faH said:
Anybody else awaiting landing appointment from Vancouver? we recieved DM on April 29 and awaiting email from vancouver office for an appointment. (Dec. 13, 2013 applicant)

We got out landing appointment letter from Vancouver same day as DM. Have you paid the right of permanent residence fee?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
I will be away for a week, so if you have an update for the spreadsheet, please send a pm to azarme09, Estifanos2013 or GG_wife.
I hope I will find lots of great news when I come back :)
Have a great week everyone :-*

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
sophieee said:
I will be away for a week, so if you have an update for the spreadsheet, please send a pm to azarme09, Estifanos2013 or GG_wife.
I hope I will find lots of great news when I come back :)
Have a great week everyone :-*
Have a lovely vacation/honeymoon Sophie! You deserve it! Let us know how those border agents are, lol! ;D

a_m_2013

Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 22, 2013
AOR Received.
December 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 7, 2015
Interview........
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 8, 2015
LANDED..........
May 8, 2015
$tar said:
Any luck with how to go about withdrawing the OWP app? How was your landing date communicated to you?letter or email?
Our landing date was communicated via email.
We actually just had our interview this morning! It's finally over!!! We were only asked 2 questions (any other dependants not on the original form and if he had criminal record). In and out within 10 minutes. Our last date of entry was wrong but he said it didn't matter anyway.
We can't believe it's finally over and we can start our lives! We have appointments later today to renew his OHIP and make his current SIN permanent!

Regarding the withdrawal of the OWP that we sent via mail to Alberta -we had called CIC right after we got DM and they told us 'Don't withdraw until after your interview in case something goes wrong.' We figured that was just a ploy so that more time might go by and maybe they start processing and then don't have to refund, because ultimately the decision was already made and the landing interview is just to get the paperwork out of the way.

SO, we actually used the 'Case Specific Enquiry' form online and chose the application type 'Temporary Resident(applied by mail) - Work Permit'. We explained we applied for an OWP via mail under the pilot program to Alberta but want to withdraw it as we now have permanent residency and would like our refund. We sent that on April 28th, and yesterday we got an email back which said:

"A note has been added to your file to advise the responsible office of your request to withdraw your application. Once your application is opened, it should be cancelled and it will be at the responsible office's discretion to grant a refund of the processing fees within 16 weeks."

We're going to our MP's office later today as well and they said they will call for us to ensure it gets withdrawn! Hope that helps if anyone else in in that boat!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :D

CONFUSE101

Jul 11, 2013
Does anyone here knows CIC Manila contact number? WE need to asked for an extension from them and we do not know what's the best way to contact them.