+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

ting0916

Jul 21, 2014
just received a letter from the mail, a landing interview....... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

May 1st updated from CIC, I received a DM email 2 days ago, and today a landing interview in the mail!!!!

May 26, 2015 is the date!!!!

It is FINALLY OVER!!!

Thanks you so much!!

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
ottawahd said:
Hi,

We went to Service Ontario today in Ottawa city hall. They said with the new policy just issued two weeks ago, the work permit case 27 is not enough anymore and they need AIP or job offer more than 6 months. wondering if anyone in the past two weeks was successful in obtaining OHIP with just the work permit.
That is bullsh!t. Why would they do that? I did get OHIP with case 27 OWP, but that was a few months ago. I can't believe they would change their policy.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
ting0916 said:
just received a letter from the mail, a landing interview....... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

May 1st updated from CIC, I received a DM email 2 days ago, and today a landing interview in the mail!!!!

It is FINALLY OVER!!!

Thanks you so much!!
Congrats!! Hopefully that means my spouse's is in the mail shortly. Where are you landing?

2013CJF

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
09-01-2014
File Transfer...
01-02-2014
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015
ting0916 said:

It is FINALLY OVER!!!

Thanks you so much!!
Congrats!! where are you landing? Etobicoke ??

MYERSATOR

Oct 6, 2014
Got the notes from the file. requested them on April 7th. My case was assigned to officer NA8916. he/she went through it on Jan 6th (took him/her 1 1/4 hours) and then sent us request for additional proof of cohabitation/relationship/medical/landing fee and renewed passport. The file was later updated on Jan 9th - saying there was 'no hits' on welfare check they did on me. On March 30 - file updated that all docs were received. updated by the clerk i guess (not the officer assigned). Initially the deadline for the officer was April 5. The notes are dated April 8th. No movement on the file since January (apart from updates that requested documents were received).
Called CIC - they told me the new deadline for the rep is August 5th. When asked why - they didn't answer... Let's see what happens next... So far only AOR - received on Dec 30, 2013

2013CJF

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
09-01-2014
File Transfer...
01-02-2014
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015
ting0916 said:
our landing office is Winnipeg~~~~~~ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks and Enjoy!!

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
Percy Weasley said:
I think the same thing sometimes, even though I havent waited as long as you have. Dont worry we all tend to think the worst of our applications but its just their whole operating procedure makes no sense :(
Its been almost 2 weeks since we sent an email to my wife's MP with no answer, I resent the email today. Any tips on how to get their attention?
I just laid out the story of my situation and why it should have been an easy application. I also told them how much its affecting my husband and I, how I can't return home for the first time in 5 years for a family event because I can't renew my passport as they could literally make a decision whenever. I also mentioned that we all track who has received DM and how many people after me have been approved so far. I think it helped that my local MP is NDP and they're very much behind family immigration.

faH

Apr 2, 2014
Anybody else awaiting landing appointment from Vancouver? we recieved DM on April 29 and awaiting email from vancouver office for an appointment. (Dec. 13, 2013 applicant)

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
faH said:
Anybody else awaiting landing appointment from Vancouver? we recieved DM on April 29 and awaiting email from vancouver office for an appointment. (Dec. 13, 2013 applicant)
I received DM (in Ecas) on April 28 and received the email from Vancouver office on April 29 (schedule for May 25). Strange that they are taking so long. I never received a DM email though, just SA and AIP.

I hope you hear from them this week.

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
automaton82 said:
That is bullsh!t. Why would they do that? I did get OHIP with case 27 OWP, but that was a few months ago. I can't believe they would change their policy.
I don't know. called the MPP office and complained. anyways, not expecting him doing anything for me. I guess just needed to rant over the phone.

wictory

Jun 29, 2014
Hi all,

I am a 2013 Nov 27 applicant. I had a medical request a few weeks ago and just done it on the 20th of May. I can see on the cic site that medical received.

I can see on this forum hat even Dec applicants have received AIP and DM etc...how come i have not heard anything yet ?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
ukca8614 said:
CONGRATULATIONS to everyone with DM recently!! So happy for you all :D ;D

I love how helpful and informative this forum is; however I've avoided it for a little while now as reading all the posts everyday of people getting DM who applied after me was very upsetting. Well as much as I'd love to be here today with good news, I have nada.

Our situation is this - I am English, and have been living in Canada for 4.5 years now, since December 6th 2010. I have been working here since May 2011. My husband and I met in 2011 and were married in March 2013. We applied in June 2013. It took them a year to approve my husband as sponsor, then they requested fingerprints from me. Then due to their slowness at processing the application my medical expired and they requested I do a re-med which I did and submitted ASAP. Now I'm told they've been sitting on my COMPLETE file for the past three months and still have no idea when I can expect my case agent to make a decision because in the words of the call center agent "it could be a week, it could be a year, you just have to wait."

My application should have been a straight forward and easy to process application - there are no dependents, no children, no divorces or former spouses. I had been living and working here for over 2 years by time we even applied for PR, and hadn't even left the country at any point. Apparently case agents have discretion in requesting re-meds, and someone who applied about a week different to me had theirs expire but wasn't asked to re-do it. That seems unfair.

I can't send my passport to be renewed just in case they make a decision soon, we can't book a much needed vacation, I can't go home for a big family event that's happening - all because my person "officer BS" (how appropriate considering everything that's going on) can't be bothered to finish my application. I'm back on my anti-depressants now. We're considering leaving Canada altogether because the UK would give him PR much faster. I swear they just forgot about me!! We recently contacted out local MP so maybe, just maaaaaybe, he can help.

Anyway sorry for the huge rant.....just needed to vent to people who understand what it's like :'(
I just wanted to respond to a particular statement you had made here, and I'm not sure if anyone else pointed this out, but if CIC asked you to submit fingerprints, assuming for RCMP, that is likely what the holdup is on your application. When CIC requests and applicant to do fingerprints, not just a PCC from your home country, it is usually because your name has generated a hit in some sort of database and the hold up is likely them trying to de-tangle YOUR information from whomever it was that actually has the criminal history. Anyway, just thought I would tell you what most have experienced when they feel they are in limbo with the same set of circumstances.

I know it doesn't make it better, but when I was going through this process any kind of information that would shed even the tiniest bit of light on the situation made me feel better, somehow.

nique2gee

Apr 8, 2015
Natalie0708 said:
Hi, nique2gee, Have you got your OHIP yet? From which Service Ontario office? :)
I just got my OWP, I really hope to get the OHIP. Thank you~~

Hello, it is NO LONGER POSSIBLE to obtain OHIP with just OWP. According to three OHIP office i went to, they now require you to have full time job or AIP. I try to explain to them that some of my friends had it with just OHIP but was told it's been stopped since March this year.
I have given up on it tho, cus I have been living without OHIP and i can still bear till I AIP.
Good luck to you.....