+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

sophieb

Nov 6, 2014
My husband finally received his PR card 15 weeks after landing. They sent out a card on March 2nd but it was lost/or stolen in the mail. He filed a statutory declaration on April 16th and included a letter stating that we are supposed to travel this week for a family event and copies of our plane tickets. Overall, it took him 2 years to go through the entire PR process.

Here is an overview of his timeline:
App. Filed.....: May 21, 2013
AOR Received.: June 4, 2013
Sponsor Approved: February 7, 2014
OWP.:
AIP..: February 7, 2014
DM: January 9, 2015
Landing: Jan. 21, 2015
1st PR Card Sent: March 2 (this card never arrived)
Statutory declaration filed: April 16, 2015
PR Card Received: May 5, 2015

Good luck to everyone. We will keep supporting others going through this process.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Percy Weasley said:
I think the same thing sometimes, even though I havent waited as long as you have. Dont worry we all tend to think the worst of our applications but its just their whole operating procedure makes no sense :(
Its been almost 2 weeks since we sent an email to my wife's MP with no answer, I resent the email today. Any tips on how to get their attention?
I went to see them in person. You can also call them, it's more difficult to ignore.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
ggfish said:
Hello Everyone:

I am 2013 Sept 27 applicant here. It's so frustrating that I have to share this with you guys.

Nothing heard from CIC about my case so far after AOR ages ago, but I contacted CIC a month ago, was told an email sent to me in March requesting more documents, but I didn't receive anything, the agent then told me to wait for another 2 months to get another email to be sent and refused to disclose the details of the email and kept saying I had to wait for another email. Called many times again and was told the same thing by different agents.

I called again today, the agent told me that an email was sent on Saturday, and again I didn't receive anything, verified the email address, checked all folders including junk and spam folders. Then she told me I had to wait for 5 days to call back. I called again to another agent, was told the same thing I had to wait out the 5 days as it was against the call centre instruction to do anything until after 5 days from the initial email being sent and I was hung up on after she said "I need to disconnect this type of call". I was like WTF! How unprofessional! It's a laughing stock that IT TAKES CIC SYSTEM 5 DAYS TO DELIVER AN EMAIL FROM THEIR END TO AN APPLICANT.

In fact, I have never received anything in the email regarding my case from CIC , I had called them to check if my email was correctly spelled, a while ago an agent actually sent a test email to me and I received it right away. My sponsor received the AOR though and that was the only one case relevant email received between the 2 of us.

I am wondering if anyone in the forum encountered similar situation.

I am sooooo MAD!

PS eCas shows nothing except saying my application is received.
CIC is unbelievable... I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. Besides what LeBon suggested you should try and contact your MP. They have a different email address, if I have a question I always ask our MP to send it to CIC, they get an answer in a couple days.
Good luck!

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
ggfish said:
Hello Everyone:

I am 2013 Sept 27 applicant here. It's so frustrating that I have to share this with you guys.

Nothing heard from CIC about my case so far after AOR ages ago, but I contacted CIC a month ago, was told an email sent to me in March requesting more documents, but I didn't receive anything, the agent then told me to wait for another 2 months to get another email to be sent and refused to disclose the details of the email and kept saying I had to wait for another email. Called many times again and was told the same thing by different agents.

I called again today, the agent told me that an email was sent on Saturday, and again I didn't receive anything, verified the email address, checked all folders including junk and spam folders. Then she told me I had to wait for 5 days to call back. I called again to another agent, was told the same thing I had to wait out the 5 days as it was against the call centre instruction to do anything until after 5 days from the initial email being sent and I was hung up on after she said "I need to disconnect this type of call". I was like WTF! How unprofessional! It's a laughing stock that IT TAKES CIC SYSTEM 5 DAYS TO DELIVER AN EMAIL FROM THEIR END TO AN APPLICANT.

In fact, I have never received anything in the email regarding my case from CIC , I had called them to check if my email was correctly spelled, a while ago an agent actually sent a test email to me and I received it right away. My sponsor received the AOR though and that was the only one case relevant email received between the 2 of us.

I am sooooo MAD!

Just business as usual at CIC. It takes about 5 days for an email to be sent from a LiteBrite.
https://thenostalgiablog90s.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/litebrite.jpg

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Also, averagejoe authorized me to share his story:

[quote author=_averagejoe_ ]
They finally received my finger prints on March 30. After many tries of phone going to voice-mail, today I got to talk to the officer processing my application and she acknowledged that she had sent me the wrong letter and I was in fact approved back on January 20th. She sent me the right AIP letter today. She also said during the call that I should have a DM soon.

I did raise this point though that because of this error, I had to apply for a work permit extension by mail rather than online and it was under the 'Pilot Program' rather than plain OWP after AIP.

My work permit expires on June 27th and I just hope to get the OWP soon now. A bit on the edge.

Also, I had to send them new set of finger prints as the old set was lost.

The fingerprinting agency can either ask RCMP to send the fingerprints directly (which i did in the first instance and which never got received) or they can ask RCMP to mail them to you and then you further mail it to the officer requesting them (which i did the next time and they acknowledged receipt on phone after a month and half)
[/quote]

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Looks like a lot of movement in 2014, but I think they forgot about those of us in 2013 which don't have DM :(.

Rabs84

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
One of my cozn hv Canadian PR. He is a refugee there.he got 2yrs jail bcoz of serious crime.he has removal order, after dat he appealed n it was approved. Court/immigration gave 5 yrs stay order which is going to complete on 1st feb 2016. My question is after completing a stay order will they deport him or he can stay...if anyone had experienced plz guide me wat they ll do next aftr completing the stay order...If removal order cancelled can he sponsor his wife?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rabs84 said:
One of my cozn hv Canadian PR. He is a refugee there.he got 2yrs jail bcoz of serious crime.he has removal order, after dat he appealed n it was approved. Court/immigration gave 5 yrs stay order which is going to complete on 1st feb 2016. My question is after completing a stay order will they deport him or he can stay...if anyone had experienced plz guide me wat they ll do next aftr completing the stay order...If removal order cancelled can he sponsor his wife?
Stop spamming this forum by posting the exact same post over and over in different threads!

Natalie0708

May 6, 2015
nique2gee said:
pls can anybody help me with the office address where I can get my OHIP. The ones I have called said I have to get full time job and work six months. I remember some people in Toronto got theirs without having a full time job or work for six months.

Thank you in advance......
Hi, nique2gee, Have you got your OHIP yet? From which Service Ontario office? :)
I just got my OWP, I really hope to get the OHIP. Thank you~~

zoemmn

Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2013
Med's Request
30 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
8 Apr 2015
I'm sorry to hear all these stories.
I've send the OWP in on Jan 10 2015, but havent received anything yet. Called on monday, the agent was very nice,
she check for me said she will send the officer a note to work on my OWP, because i have AIP a month ago and they
suppose to send my OWP right away after my AIP. She said call back after 4 weeks if i still didnt hear anything.
My visitor visa will be done May 8, so im a little worried. But still have to wait.

2013CJF

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
09-01-2014
File Transfer...
01-02-2014
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015
aiho said:
Everything is so fast, all the things happened in 7 days. I feel i am riding on a rocket! I got an email from CIC Etobicoke Office. I will land on this Thursday, April 30, 2015. So Happy!!!!

What does the letter from cic etobicoke look like (for landing interview)??

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
ggfish said:
Hello Everyone:

I am sooooo MAD!

I had the same experience with a CIC agent who hung up on me for asking her to repeat something for me.
My advice for you is to stop calling CIC and waste your time on them. Find out who your MP is and send in an e-mail explaining your frustration about the process. They probably won't reply to you right away, but if you send 2nd or 3rd e-mail, they will eventually respond to you. Make sure you include your full name and file application number so that they can check the status for you.

That's what I did and they were able to find out exactly what was going on with my file.
And also, the MP office contacting CIC to request information about my file seemed to speed up the process.

d_j_heckford

Feb 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt Decision Made: 26-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
I feel really bad for you 2013 applicants still waiting on a decision. I applied inland once back in June 2012, and withdrew in February of 2013 and i still only had an AOR. Question for all you in limbo, can you not apply in your spouses country and reside there as an option? I have done so myself and am on a UK visa. It is expiring august and am headed back to Canada then and I have an outland application going to bring them over which will be much quicker. Just an option for all you still waiting, you don't have to reside in canada, if you feel adventureous, go travel abroad and experience new things x. Good luck to you all still waiting too, it really is ashame its taking this long.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Actually I just got the DM e-mail, so I guess I shouldn't have complained an hour ago. Finally done. Waiting on Etobicoke now..

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Natalie0708 said:
Hi, nique2gee, Have you got your OHIP yet? From which Service Ontario office? :)
I just got my OWP, I really hope to get the OHIP. Thank you~~
Hi,

We went to Service Ontario today in Ottawa city hall. They said with the new policy just issued two weeks ago, the work permit case 27 is not enough anymore and they need AIP or job offer more than 6 months. wondering if anyone in the past two weeks was successful in obtaining OHIP with just the work permit.