28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
aiho said:
HEY guys, good news! My husband got SA email just now. I'm the Dec 23, 2013 applicant.

SA email attached PDF file like this:

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada

Class you submitted to this office on behalf of XXXX and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence

(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly.

If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.

IMPORTANT: Passport(s) for your sponsored family member(s) must be valid for the duration of their

stay in Canada.

congrats!! great news.

sophieee i don't know how you manage to update the spreadsheet so fast. it's pretty impressive.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
automaton82 said:
congrats!! great news.

sophieee i don't know how you manage to update the spreadsheet so fast. it's pretty impressive.
If you ask me, it's rather desperate, the time I spend on the Interner looking for updates ;D

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Finally after the super long journey.. my husband has already got his landing papers in Edmonton this morning..!! (Thank God)

to all the peeps who helped me in this forumn bless you all..!!
we might probably see each other again after 4 years for the citizenship application.. haha!!

God Bless you guys!!

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
AchankengCrawford said:
Glad to see some good news in the forums lately! My partner landed yesterday in Calgary! It was quite quick, and they asked him the usual stuff, but they also asked me a number of questions about if I had a criminal record; if I'd ever declared bankruptcy; if I'd defaulted on an immigration loan. They were all straightforward "no"s for me, so that was easy. The lady was lovely and when explaining Condition 51 just that I can't be mean to him and that we need to be nice to each other. I gave my husband a Canada water bottle and a little stuffed moose with a maple leaf the second she stamped his passport (which I had hidden in my purse); and she liked that (as did my husband). (Fun tip: Dollarama has a ton of Canada themed stuff that they are just starting to put out for Canada day, so it's a super cheap nice little touch if anyone is landing soon.) She told us the PR card would come in the mail in 42 days.

SO HAPPY! ;D

We're an Aug 21st, 2013 applicant.
I also landed in Calgary yesterday. Interview went well. Just waiting for the PR Card.

You must have been the couple sitting in front of you as I saw your partner walking out with a Canadian water bottle :D

Congrats to you guys!

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
hello everybody,
I am very happy to tell you that I got my PR card in the mail today!!!
41 days after my landing
the entier process took 615 days, it was a long wait and I thank you all for your helpful posts and for the encouraging words.

Good luck and happy life to you all

aiho

May 1, 2014
Hi everyone, I have a question. Today we got the SA email from CIC, it says my sponsor is applicable to pay the Right Of Permanent Resident Fee, what are the supporting documents I'll need once I pay the fee?

zoemmn

Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2013
Med's Request
30 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
8 Apr 2015
I'm wondering if you pay the landing fee right after you got SA or you have to wait until CIC tell you a date to pay it?

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
zoemmn said:
I'm wondering if you pay the landing fee right after you got SA or you have to wait until CIC tell you a date to pay it?
You can pay it anytime. I paid mine upfront. Also, for aiho query, just bring your receipt. They dont even look at it, but just to be sure during your interview.

aiho

May 1, 2014
shyla36 said:
You can pay it anytime. I paid mine upfront. Also, for aiho query, just bring your receipt. They dont even look at it, but just to be sure during your interview.
Thanks a lot for your answer. My husband yesterday night already paid the RPRF, today we will mail the receipt to CPC-M.

bdianeg

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyla36 said:
Is there any benefit to paying it early?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
bdianeg said:
Is there any benefit to paying it early?
There has been some cases whereby the local CIC office won't make a landing appointment until RPRF is paid first.

Majority of the time, when applicant get DM, the letter will tell them to pay the RPRF if they haven't paid it yet. Some CIC offices allow people to pay RPRF at landing interview, other offices don't allow it, thus must be paid before appointment.

The only advantageous to paying it early is avoiding any delay in PR processing.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
aiho said:
Thanks a lot for your answer. My husband yesterday night already paid the RPRF, today we will mail the receipt to CPC-M.
Youre welcome. Goodluck. Keep a copy, they might still want you to bring it even if you have sent it.

zoemmn

Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2013
Med's Request
30 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
8 Apr 2015
shyla36 said:
thank you for the reply,i was thinking about the same, but i paid my agent, she said she will pay it when cic ask her to pay. I already got the SA letter, it seem like have a part ask you to pay.. little confused.....

a_m_2013

Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 22, 2013
AOR Received.
December 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 7, 2015
Interview........
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 8, 2015
LANDED..........
May 8, 2015
We just received SA and DM today (No AIP)!!! Just waiting to hear from the Kitchener, ON office about an interview time!

17 months and 2 days later - relief! I literally burst out into tears of joy at work when my spouse(the applicant) called me!

Does anyone have any experience with how long it takes to hear from the Kitchener, ON office (or how long it takes to get the interview date) once you've received DM?

Our application was received on November 22, 2013!

A bit more background on our specific story, should anyone be interested:

• My spouse and I met while we studied abroad in Spain, and dated long distance for 2 years until he moved here for 2 years on 2 different IEC visas.
  • We applied for PR while his 2nd IEC visa was valid, thinking we'd get AIP before it ran out (July 30, 2014) - Then the wait times jumped from 8 months to 17 months!!
  • His work offered to sponser him, but they were in the process of changing the LMO rules, and so his LMO was declined (July/August 2014).
  • After having to restore his status as a visitor when the LMO was rejected, we decided it was best if he went home to Netherlands for 5 months where he would have health care/could work. He left Canada October 2014. We called CIC and they said 'He can leave, he's not a prisoner, but he has to meet the requirements to re-enter the country, or your application will be thrown out'. We decided it was worth the risk.
  • I went and visited him for Christmas, and then we decided to chance him coming back without the AIP - he came back this March (5 months out of country) and had NO problem at the boarder. They asked when he was planning to leave, he started explaining we applied inland, and the IO just said "Is your spouse Canadian?" he said "Yes", she gave him a 6 month visitor visa and said good luck - less than 5 minutes!
  • We never provided a medical with the application, so we jumped ahead of the game and just did one on March 31st. We used the 'Case Specific Enquiry' to sent our emedical receipt, a copy of his new passport, and our statutory declaration of common-law (we never gave that with our application initially).
  • We just put in a OWP under the pilot program via mail on April 16th because we never sent one with the application. We're hoping we get our landing interview and PR before they start processing so that we can withdraw the OWP app and get our money back (long shot).

Anyway, and now here we are! We hope you all receive good news soon! :D ;D :D

aiho

May 1, 2014
Hey guys , good news, yesterday my husband got SA, today just now I got DM email. we didn't receive any AIP. Later Etobicoke office will contact me to arrange an appointment. I'm so happy, even couldn't stop crying! Good Luck everyone!