Visa Office......
CPC-V -> CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
Hey guys I got some good news. I just got DM by email this morning. My wife got SA 2 days ago. We never received AIP. Our application was received on Nov 4th 2013.how long does it usually take for the etobicocke office to contact me for the interview?

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
My wife landed in Vancouver yesterday.
It was the most pleasant experience we had throughout this long process for PR.
Our interview was at 2pm. I parked the car (in an expensive downtown area) for 3 hours because I heard it would be a long wait before you meet the officer.
We arrived around 1:20 and about 15 minutes later, we were called to see a "person" - I call it a person because she didn't look anything like an immigration officer, but rather just any other worker in an office.
Anyways, she politely asked us the 3 typical questions, has made my wife signed couple of papers and then congratulated us.
That was it!

We are now so happy to move on with our regular lives and travel wherever we want to go. Well of course, only after receiving the PR card, which will be mailed within 4 - 6 weeks.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnnyP said:
Our interview was at 2pm. I parked the car (in an expensive downtown area) for 3 hours because I heard it would be a long wait before you meet the officer.
We arrived around 1:20 and about 15 minutes later, we were called to see a "person" - I call it a person because she didn't look anything like an immigration officer, but rather just any other worker in an office.
Anyways, she politely asked us the 3 typical questions, has made my wife signed couple of papers and then congratulated us.
That was it!

We are now so happy to move on with our regular lives and travel wherever we want to go. Well of course, only after receiving the PR card, which will be mailed within 4 - 6 weeks.
Congratulations! Harmin would be sooooo happy for you both! LOL!

FYI...if your wife holds a passport from a visa exempt country, she can travel by air, rail, sea, or bus today. She just shouldn't tell the carrier that she's a new PR of Canada; she's a visitor to them. ;)

She should carry her CoPR for re-entry into Canada, although it may not be needed.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Ponga said:
Congratulations! Harmin would be sooooo happy for you both! LOL!

FYI...if your wife holds a passport from a visa exempt country, she can travel by air, rail, sea, or bus today. She just shouldn't tell the carrier that she's a new PR of Canada; she's a visitor to them. ;)

She should carry her CoPR for re-entry into Canada, although it may not be needed.
Wouldn't someone use their CoPR for re-entry at airport customs and come in as a PR if they didn't have their PR card yet?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
Wouldn't someone use their CoPR for re-entry at airport customs and come in as a PR if they didn't have their PR card yet?
Exactly, which is why I said to carry the CoPR along with a passport.

It's the commercial carrier that you'd want to avoid showing the CoPR to, because they are the ones that apparently need to see the PR Card.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Ponga said:
Exactly, which is why I said to carry the CoPR along with a passport.

It's the commercial carrier that you'd want to avoid showing the CoPR to, because they are the ones that apparently need to see the PR Card.
But you mentioned the CoPR may not be needed...wouldn't you need it at customs?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
But you mentioned the CoPR may not be needed...wouldn't you need it at customs?
I've heard some people say that they didn't really need it, because CBSA can see it in the system when they swipe the passport.

Because it's such a valuable document, some people probably just leave it locked up in a safe at home. LOL!

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
JohnnyP said:
That was it!

congratulations JohnnyP,
this is really great news, enjoy your new liberty and be happy with your wife.

romanccce

Feb 13, 2014
Anyone know where the interview usually is if you live in New Brunswick?
Nice to see here that some fellow November applicants have received approvals :)

gaur84

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Hi guys,

quick question : my wife completed her e medical on 2nd of April.
No update so far.

my question is : do we have to forward anything regarding medicals from our end to CIC?
or is it the doctor responsibility to send all the results?

The letter we received regarding medicals says: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination.
This must be received at this office by: 2015/06/30

Please let me know.

Clcl88

Apr 15, 2015
gaur84 said:
Hi guys,

No update so far.

my question is : do we have to forward anything regarding medicals from our end to CIC?

The letter we received regarding medicals says: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination.

Please let me know.

Hi. I would send copy of the confirmation the doctors gives you to CIC, just to play safe. The doctor's office is sending the results to CIC, but also, you should send the confirmation page they give you.

Good luck

gaur84

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Clcl88 said:
Hi ,

i dont have any confirmation page all I have is the receipts.
I will send the copy of the receipts to CIC.

Should I email or fax it to them?

Thanks

Hi. I would send copy of the confirmation the doctors gives you to CIC, just to play safe. The doctor's office is sending the results to CIC, but also, you should send the confirmation page they give you.

Good luck

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
gaur84 said:
Hi guys,

No update so far.

Please let me know.
Hi. I completed mine on March 30 and the doctor sent the results that week. When I checked on Ecas last Friday it said that my medical results have been received. I did not have to send anything to CIC. But just call your doctor to make sure that the results were sent to CIC. It should takes less than a week for them to send with emedicals.