+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

CONFUSE101

Jul 11, 2013
Princess029 said:
Confuse 101, if CIC sent you the form for your dependent you have to write the dependent information. I've done that when they sent me the same thing and I put my information (principal applicant )but they sent me another one saying the dependent has to complete the form it self. But since they are a minor you can fill it out and let them sign. I hope this will help your issue.
Thanks so much Princess029. I'm going crazy with the whole process. I am thankful on this forum and our fellow applicant for the support.

Zimmi

Sep 4, 2014
Kae12345 said:
I called in and changed my email address. They didn't ask me to fill out a form or anything. I just told them my new email over the phone. I don't know how long it took since I didn't get a "confirmation email". I just received AIP a month later to the correct email address. Perhaps you should try calling in again and hope to get someone else who won't ask for the form.
Mhm, CIC's work is just so out of order

zoemmn

Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
21 Nov 2013
Med's Request
30 Mar 2015
Med's Done....
8 Apr 2015
silenced25 said:
question about medical exam:

I have not been able to get time to do it until next week, the message i was given was that my medical exam must be taken within 30 days. I will probably end up getting the exam done on the 28th day. If e-medical takes a few days to send them the results, does that count as going over my 30 days or am I still fine since I actually took the exam within the allotted time?
I dont know how do they count the 30 days. But you can email cic to explain your situation to extend your exam time.

NorthDakota22

Dec 19, 2014
Hi everyone,

Like many others on this forum, my partner and I are nearing the stage where we need to resubmit a medical exam in the hopes of getting AIP and DM close together. I saw a few questions about the medical test and drug testing, but most people here didn't have answers, other than that they think no drug testing is done.

I decided to do some research, so I looked up the detailed instructions to immigration officers in CIC's operational manuals. In there, I saw that an example of where someone could be a "danger to public safety" is if there is proof of substance use that could lead to violent behaviour or impaired driving. This made me think that perhaps CIC DOES do drug testing on the blood and urine samples, and they could use the presence of any illegal substances to pronounce someone inadmissible!

Just a heads up to all of you, in case anyone here uses anything recreationally...

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
NorthDakota22 said:
Hi everyone,

Like many others on this forum, my partner and I are nearing the stage where we need to resubmit a medical exam in the hopes of getting AIP and DM close together. I saw a few questions about the medical test and drug testing, but most people here didn't have answers, other than that they think no drug testing is done.

I decided to do some research, so I looked up the detailed instructions to immigration officers in CIC's operational manuals. In there, I saw that an example of where someone could be a "danger to public safety" is if there is proof of substance use that could lead to violent behaviour or impaired driving. This made me think that perhaps CIC DOES do drug testing on the blood and urine samples, and they could use the presence of any illegal substances to pronounce someone inadmissible!

Just a heads up to all of you, in case anyone here uses anything recreationally...
I believe it's the doctors who are checking certain stuff when you do the blood and urine tests.
My wife went in for medical check and the result came out with high blood sugar level. The doctor's assistant called us and asked us to come in again for a 2nd test because, if they send the medical result as is, it will not look good at CIC. So we had to go in again.

If they are saying high blood sugar level could affect CIC's decision, drug in your urine will definitely affect in their decision.
If you want to do anything "recreational", you'd better do it after this process is done. :p

orotibash

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
hello everyone! i just checked our mailbox today (2PM) and i got my open work permit under the new pilot program! THank God! I didn't expect it. I'm about to have my medical in calgary this April 9. Hurray! I did submit my OWP application last Jan. 11, 2015.

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 09 2013, CIC says: 21-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 21-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
Finally landed! 19 1/2 months of official waiting, felt like a lifetime.
Landing appointment was as easy as others have described. We were not
asked any additional questions.

We did find out why our landing appointment
was delayed- because once the sponsor's address is entered into the system it
does not change until some better trained person "pulls" the address change into
the applicant file. CIC apparently has a new computer system and few have figured out how
to put the address change into the applicant file. We mailed our address change
over 16 months ago and notified them by phone again more than 3 months ago.
Also, my work permit arrived fine through regular mail, so it was in the system.
ECas showed the address change but it was never "pulled" as the agent stated, into
my applicant file.

We are done. Just 8-10 weeks wait for the PR card since Nova Scotia, where
the cards are printed, has been under several feet of snow.
C'est la vie.

NorthDakota22

Dec 19, 2014
JohnnyP said:
I believe it's the doctors who are checking certain stuff when you do the blood and urine tests.
My wife went in for medical check and the result came out with high blood sugar level. The doctor's assistant called us and asked us to come in again for a 2nd test because, if they send the medical result as is, it will not look good at CIC. So we had to go in again.

If they are saying high blood sugar level could affect CIC's decision, drug in your urine will definitely affect in their decision.
If you want to do anything "recreational", you'd better do it after this process is done. :p
Wow, that information about blood sugar level is very surprising, considering that spousal applicants are supposed to be exempt from the "excessive burden" requirement. So even if the health condition was serious and would require medical attention (e.g. diabetes), as long as it wasn't a danger to public safety it shouldn't have mattered. CIC seems to be more arbitrary every day...

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
Finally got my landing appointment date :)

APRIL 16th in Montreal office.

I received an email from CIC MONTREAL that I need to verify my documents on March 4th. I sent back the correct document and pictures on March 7th (they received on March 9th). Today after 3 weeks, I got my landing date.

Timeline:
Application Received 9/20/2013
AOR 10/8/2013
OWP 1/6/2015
AIP 2/26/2015
DM 2/26/2015
Prelanding 3/4/2015
LANDING 4/16/2015

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
For timeline purposes, I wanted to let everyone know my husband received his PR card today.

6 weeks and 5 days after landing.

Landed: February 12th
Pr Card Received: March 31st

Please add to spreadsheet

Best wishes everyone! and thanks for all of the support :-*

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Guys, confusion, confusion..My son is filling up the Appendix A form for his passport request from the Embassy. But,at the very bottom says...
I certify that thus information is true and correct:
Then asking for original signature of principal applicant.
Gosh..is that my signature or my dependent signature.. it says original signature so if that is my signature I have to send the document to my home country. Tsigh..this is crazy..anyone has the same experienced here?

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Does anyone here had a dependent in your home country and when the Embassy is requesting the dependent passport for sure you filled out the same form IRPA(Passport request) did you or your dependent signed it? I cant proceed just a little confused. Because its says ORIGINAL SIGNATURE OF THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT. Which i assumed i'am the Principal Applicant.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Princess029 said:
Does anyone here had a dependent in your home country and when the Embassy is requesting the dependent passport for sure you filled out the same form IRPA(Passport request) did you or your dependent signed it? I cant proceed just a little confused. Because its says ORIGINAL SIGNATURE OF THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT. Which i assumed i'am the Principal Applicant.
Asking the same question again, just worded differently, 16 minutes apart is NOT going to get you an answer any sooner. You need to chill out and just wait for someone to reply (that knows the answer), or better yet...start a new thread asking this question, which will give you much more exposure to the members of this forum. ;)

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
If your child is a minor you can sign on behalf of him / her, but if he is 18 yrs he / she has to sign

angela324

Mar 29, 2015
yulialake said:
The way CIC process applications driving me crazy. I'm really happy for December apps who got lucky and received already AIP and DM, but I it really irritates me that CIC leaves behind unfinished cases, like mine ( Sep 24 2013) or lots of October and where are November apps??? :mad:
same here, mine is october 29th, so far have not heard anything.............I am getting really worried and anxious, since i also saw people in december have been SA and AIP......