22-10-2013
AOR Received.
14-11-2013
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Hi everyone!

My wife (sponsor) received an email this morning that says she's been approved to be a sponsor. We are Oct 21st applicants. My guess is now I have to wait for an email that says approved to be sponsored? Am I right?
Also my real question here is how do I apply for an OWP under the spousal application? I realize I should have sent this sooner but I didnt and now I dont know where to get the forms, can anyone please help me?
I would really appreciate your time. Thanks! :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Percy Weasley said:
Hi everyone!

My wife (sponsor) received an email this morning that says she's been approved to be a sponsor. We are Oct 21st applicants. My guess is now I have to wait for an email that says approved to be sponsored? Am I right?
Also my real question here is how do I apply for an OWP under the spousal application? I realize I should have sent this sooner but I didnt and now I dont know where to get the forms, can anyone please help me?
I would really appreciate your time. Thanks! :)
Congrats!:) With the AIP you are allowed to apply online, which is much more faster. Follow the instructions:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
Yep Cic won't start looking at your dependents unless they are done assessing you, and you will not get PR until they are done assessing your dependent who are accompanying .It takes long when you have dependent .We are on the same boat.

Ranking13

Mar 17, 2015
Jabs 77 said:
Yep Cic won't start looking at your dependents unless they are done assessing you, and you will not get PR until they are done assessing your dependent who are accompanying .It takes long when you have dependent .We are on the same boat.
Thanks for your response. I didn't apply for a work permit and seeing it's this close you think I should? An agent from the call center told me I should hear something by April 16th and that's like three weeks away.

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Mela said:
This Thursday morning, after 750 days waiting for the first step, we finally will have our interview in Saskatoon. Hopefully my husband will leave there with AIP. In a perfect world they'd just land us and not put us through any more torture since we've been waiting for AIP for over 2 years...but I doubt that will happen. I'm just hoping they give him AIP on the spot.
Good luck. I have never heard of such an interview. I hope it all works out for you.

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
Update on my application. October 22, 2013 applicant.

I received an email today to redo my medical exam. No SA or AIP yet.

I did my first medical exam on August 2013 so it was 1 year and 7 months expired.

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
I'm guessing I have SA and AIP since I was asked to redo medicals which is part of the DM process. ECAS isn't updated though.

The letter starts like this..

"These medical instructions are being issued since your application has been processed to the stage where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.

IMPORTANT: You are required to undergo the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. ....."

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
jmarie88 said:
I'm guessing I have SA and AIP since I was asked to redo medicals which is part of the DM process. ECAS isn't updated though.

The letter starts like this..

"These medical instructions are being issued since your application has been processed to the stage where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.

IMPORTANT: You are required to undergo the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. ....."
Sounds like AIP, congrats.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jmarie88 said:
Update on my application. October 22, 2013 applicant.

I received an email today to redo my medical exam. No SA or AIP yet.

I did my first medical exam on August 2013 so it was 1 year and 7 months expired.
they are asking people, who will be checked within a week or so, to do the exam so that they can issue DM soon after AIP.

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
chakrab said:
they are asking people, who will be checked within a week or so, to do the exam so that they can issue DM soon after AIP.
Thanks Guanaquito!

And yeah I'm thinking that too chakrab. Thankfully I made a medical appointment a couple weeks ago in case they did ask me to redo. I have an appt this Saturday. Does anyone know if I need to do anything specific after doing my medical? I know the physician sends the results electronically if he/she is 'e-meidcal enabled,' but does that include the chest x-ray and blood test? Not sure if I need to mail anything to CIC.

Miri2711

Mar 5, 2015
chakrab said:
what do you mean by "will be checked within a week or so"? I

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
jmarie88 said:
Thanks Guanaquito!

And yeah I'm thinking that too chakrab. Thankfully I made a medical appointment a couple weeks ago in case they did ask me to redo. I have an appt this Saturday. Does anyone know if I need to do anything specific after doing my medical? I know the physician sends the results electronically if he/she is 'e-meidcal enabled,' but does that include the chest x-ray and blood test? Not sure if I need to mail anything to CIC.
Yes the physician sent the results electronically and that include everything. You will get an original receipt from the doctor (prove of your medical) that receipt you has to mail to CIC.
Just to avoid more delays I am redoing my medicals Tomorrow as the first one are already expired.

orotibash

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
hello everyone! just an update on our application. We're November 2013 applicant and just received an email this morning requesting for my medical. We haven't rec. SA/AIP yet.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Miri2711 said:
what do you mean by "will be checked within a week or so"? I
means the officer has picked a bunch of files from the corner and put on his/her desk. he/she will go investigate the applications and issue AIP. before going through each application, the officer requests the applicants on that list to do their medical. this way when the officer is satisfied with the application and issues an AIP, he or she can check the medical status at the same and issue a DM soon after.

we have seen that before with many applications. could be a new process or related to certain officers. not definite.

bdianeg

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know how the actual processing of applications works? Does your file get sent to one agent, or is it multiple departments for different stages? Is there a centralized system, or are different cities done more quickly than others? I'm.just.so.curious! I am trying to see patterns in the spreadsheet, to see when I might be getting my letter. Such an anxious waiting game!

AOR: Oct 15, 2013
OWP: Jan. 12, 2015