INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

ruanzhe1

Mar 23, 2015
Application Received Oct17,2013
Medical Done upfront
Sponsor approval Mar19,2015
DM Mar20,2015
Waiting for interview appointment letter from Edmonton Office
Anyone know how long it takes them to mail the interview letter?

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Miri2711 said:
thank you. The deadline is finished tomorrow and it's been 2 months I ve sent it. I'm freaking out cuz I don't get trough at the call centre since already couple of days. Man...
This should be a warning to everyone who has gone past the application date on the CIC website without hearing much, or anything. They are asking a lot of people for additional documents and personally, I was given a 3 month deadline for proof of cohabitation and ongoing relationship.

If you haven't gotten SA, AIP, or correspondence from CIC by the time your date comes up on the website, you should call and ask if they are waiting on additional documentation.

Ecas is basically useless, it will only tell you if your medicals have been received. It did not say that our police check was received. We just got our AIP, DM and Landing letter last week, and nothing has been updated on Ecas.

If you are asked for additional documents, spend the money and send your package through FedEx or UPS, even on their slowest service. This way you see when it was delivered and who signed for it. If you send it through Canada Post, CIC *edit* has "plausible deniability" that it was lost in the mail. You can quote the date and name on the delivery notification if the call centre agent tries to shrug it off. They will do everything in their power to shift the blame on you for processing delays.

Make sure that your packages get registered in their system!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
LeBon said:
I got a new one for you guys - I received AIP a couple of weeks ago but we only received a sponsor approval email. Turns out, the AIP email sent the next day was sent to my email address but with a typo, N instead of M! I called them this morning to check on things and they confirmed that they have the correct email address they just made a mistake.

They had requested 2 documents and I just found out this morning :eek:
That's unbelievable. For one, that they type in the email addresses manually, and then, they can't use copy-paste. Or just check it twice.

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
gfdvca said:
This should be a warning to everyone who has gone past the application date on the CIC website without hearing much, or anything. They are asking a lot of people for additional documents and personally, I was given a 3 month deadline for proof of cohabitation and ongoing relationship.

If you haven't gotten SA, AIP, or correspondence from CIC by the time your date comes up on the website, you should call and ask if they are waiting on additional documentation.

Ecas is basically useless, it will only tell you if your medicals have been received. It did not say that our police check was received. We just got our AIP, DM and Landing letter last week, and nothing has been updated on Ecas.

If you are asked for additional documents, spend the money and send your package through FedEx or UPS, even on their slowest service. This way you see when it was delivered and who signed for it. If you send it through Canada Post, CIC doesn't have "plausible deniability" that it was lost in the mail. You can quote the date and name on the delivery notification if the call centre agent tries to shrug it off. They will do everything in their power to shift the blame on you for processing delays.

Thanks for the tips! Hopefully most of us won't be asked to send additional documents, but seems to be happening more frequently :(

bdianeg

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone getting AIP/DM from the Ottawa area? I'm just worried because we are Oct 15 and I see that people are getting AIP/DM from Oct 17 now.

Miri2711

Mar 5, 2015
gfdvca said:

If you are asked for additional documents, spend the money and send your package through FedEx or UPS, even on their slowest service. This way you see when it was delivered and who signed for it. If you send it through Canada Post, CIC *edit* has "plausible deniability" that it was lost in the mail. You can quote the date and name on the delivery notification if the call centre agent tries to shrug it off. They will do everything in their power to shift the blame on you for processing delays.

thx i did send the documents by lettermail and i have a canada post certification which tells that package has been delivered plus the name of the guy (r mahmood the usual person). The call centre is not picking up their phone due to high volume. So im running out of options. They better dont tell me they ve received nothing....

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
So my partner got a landing letter for landing in the Vancouver office on April 9. Great news except for the fact that we both have a flight booked at that time.

What has everyone's experience been in getting their landing interview rescheduled? It seems a few people haven't had too much of an issue with it.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
So my partner got a landing letter for landing in the Vancouver office on April 9. Great news except for the fact that we both have a flight booked at that time.

What has everyone's experience been in getting their landing interview rescheduled? It seems a few people haven't had too much of an issue with it.
Personally...no experience, but based on the simple fact that an Inland applicant is cautioned NOT to leave Canada...and the fact that the Vancouver office seems to be crazy busy...you might want to re-schedule the flight.

Why not contact the Vancouver office (if it's even possible), or at least reply to the email asking if it's possible.

Hopefully, it will be!

Congratulations!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Linden said:

MisterBob missed his first appointment and it was rescheduled pretty quickly:

MisterBob said:
Oh dear... you are so right!

February 4th received DM letter.
February 13th received DM interview appointment letter for March 4th appointment (missed it cause didn't see it in email)
March 10th received final notice for DM interview appoint letter for March 26th appointment !

Can you please share some in sight on this situation and how it'll be? Thanks :(
I remember reading a time ago that someone else asked to reschedule their appointment, they were able to do it, but got an other appointment many months later.

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
I was wondering if anyone has paid their Permanent Residency Fee online and faxed the receipt to CIC. How long did it take until they attached it to your application?

I paid my fee last Wednesday night and faxed the receipt on Thursday the following day. I called CIC today and they have not attached my receipt to my application. Just worrying because my application was received Oct. 22, 2013 so it's coming up real soon. If they look at it before the receipt gets to it, they will probably send me a letter requesting I pay the fee and probably not check my application for a while after.

Has anyone faxed and seen typically how long it takes? I thought I paid all fees when I applied, but guess I didn't :( Wish I checked on that earlier!

Thanks in advance!

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
Hi everyone! Sorry for the late update been busy working since I have 2 jobs. Anyway, I'm august 21, 2013 applicant, AIP Nov. 20, 2014. OWP Dec. 3, 2014. And finally the most awaited. I got email last march 15, 2015 stating that my application as permanent residency under spouse common law has been completed. That means i finally got the DM! And then CIC emailed me again for the landing appointment march 17, 2015. They set my appointment on march 26, 2015 at 9am. One of the happiest day my life. Thanks be to God. Thanks Everyone!

visa_help2014

Feb 24, 2014
Hi,

i am applying for my wife's inland sponsorship. I want to apply her work permit along with the application.
So, I just have to fill IMM5710 only or I have to fill any documents too?
What proof I have to attach for the work permit application.

Please help.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Dear all hero member,

I have a question.
What are the possibilities that can happen if CIC asked for one document for my dependent child which I dont have?
Is it going to affect my application or just for my dependent alone. They are processing my dependent outside Canada.So basically my application and my dependent application are separate.
I don't know. But to be honest I'm jealous to all of you who got a DM already. I'm August 2013 applicant but I'm still stuck here.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Princess029 said:
Dear all hero member,

I have a question.
What are the possibilities that can happen if CIC asked for one document for my dependent child which I dont have?
Is it going to affect my application or just for my dependent alone. They are processing my dependent outside Canada.So basically my application and my dependent application are separate.
I don't know. But to be honest I'm jealous to all of you who got a DM already. I'm August 2013 applicant but I'm still stuck here.
for your dependent's outland application, if cic sends a request and no effort is made by the applicant/sponsor to communicate any issues about getting the required information, the result will be either delayed processing or the file will be closed (which means it will not be approved and you will have to start from scratch). if you can't get a specific document they are requesting, then best thing to do is to contact the visa office by the date listed in the request letter and tell them what efforts you are making to get the information. if it's not feasible to get, then you need to tell them that, and let CIC decide how to proceed. NOT doing anything, and letting the deadline pass without notification will just result in negative results.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
I did all I had to do. I forwarded everything to them and again they are asking me the same document which I just sent and I checked the tracking number of the document it has been delivered. I'm applying inland but I have dependent outside Canada that's why my application and my dependent application are processed separately