INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Hi, our landing date is March 26, 2015. Please update the spreadsheet.

For the record. My husband did not have status when he applied, nor through the whole process. It was not an issue.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Ponga said:
That's really f'd up...but apparently true, to some degree. I imagine that their supervisor would need to sign off on the reasoning, but if the supervisor was also having a bad day...yikes! LOL!
yes, being denied entry needs to have a superviser's approval. unless it's completely obvious to other people that the primary officer is being an a$$ (loud yelling/obvious abusive tactics), then most likely the supervisor is just going to back up the decision. from personal experience, it really sucks when you get an attitudy officer who just wants a gold star for the day!

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Got my PR Card today. Landed on 5th February 2015

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missworld13 said:
Got my PR Card today. Landed on 5th February 2015
Congratulations!

If memory serves me correct, you were out of status when you applied and your application was fast tracked because of CBSA's request, right?

Amazing that you completed the entire process (including receiving your PR card in 7 months)!

(...Unless I'm confusing you with someone else here.) :-\

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Ponga said:
Congratulations!

If memory serves me correct, you were out of status when you applied and your application was fast tracked because of CBSA's request, right?

Amazing that you completed the entire process (including receiving your PR card in 7 months)!

(...Unless I'm confusing you with someone else here.) :-\
if this is true (and we've seen others with the same experience), why are people not reporting themselves (or having someone report them) to CBSA? I mean i understand it's a risk, it just seems the process ends much quicker it is usually positive. (please don't be offended/get angry by my question, it is just something i've been wondering about)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
if this is true (and we've seen others with the same experience), why are people not reporting themselves (or having someone report them) to CBSA? I mean i understand it's a risk, it just seems the process ends much quicker it is usually positive. (please don't be offended/get angry by my question, it is just something i've been wondering about)
I know! But...

The real risk is that CBSA can request that CIC expedite the application to reach a positive stage one approval (AIP), but that doesn't mean that a), they always do, or b) CIC always complies. If neither of those happen, the person faces the real possibility of being removed.

This person was very lucky, IMHO.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Ponga said:
I know! But...

The real risk is that CBSA can request that CIC expedite the application to reach a positive stage one approval (AIP), but that doesn't mean that a), they always do, or b) CIC always complies. If neither of those happen, the person faces the real possibility of being removed.

This person was very lucky, IMHO.
yeah, i see your point. and imagine if 1000s of applicants start reporting themselves. what on earth would happen then? i mean at some point they would see that as a problem, no?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
yeah, i see your point. and imagine if 1000s of applicants start reporting themselves. what on earth would happen then? i mean at some point they would see that as a problem, no?
also i believe many of the cases (not all) were refused refugee claims where the individuals were out of status due to a negative decision, not because they chose to be out of status after expiry of visa. so there was a sense of compassion involved.

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
charliem said:
CK07, was your new medical sent direct to CIC (e-medical)? What to the agents at the Call centre have to say?
A bit worried for my recently submitted medical. I must travel in 4 months' time.

yeap! my husband did his e-medical and it takes only a week before they update his ecas to "Medical has been received" the letter told him to do his medical before March 15 2015. He did his e-medical on December 16 2014 (the next day when he got a medical request from cic officer)

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
elizaanon said:
Also, for the record, I was on an IEC work visa which expired in March 2014. I continued to work as I received assurances from 2 different CIC agents that I did indeed have implied status. And yes, they did send the boiler plate letter with the red writing at the bottom saying that IEC / working holiday visas are exempt from implied status – but they said that that didn't apply to me because the OWP application I submitted with my PR application was for a different type of work permit – not an extension of the IEC / working holiday visa (which is not extendable). In November I received my OWP (prior to the start of the pilot program) and updated it with my employer.

Reading the comments on here about IEC / working holiday visas not being considered as eligible for implied status gave me a great deal of stress and many sleepless nights. I believe that I did the right thing, but I'm not an immigration lawyer. I don't tell my story in order to give advice, just to give a different view. I would, however, encourage others to read everything and make their own decision prior to resigning from jobs.

All the best. I'll keep my fingers crossed for quick PR for all.
I was told the same thing by CIC officers.. IEC / PGWP holders who have their permits expire are covered under implied status if they submit OWP with their PR app.
IEC/PGWP do not qualify for extensions but the OWP is a different type of work permit. This is what i was told and from your post i can see that you were told this too.

Much like you, Me and my partner were very worried about this ..... she (applicant) actually quit her job once her PGWP expired... luckily we got the OWP (pilot program) 2 months later so she was only out of work a short time..

I think that this gives many people headaches ...wish cic would officially clarify this so people dont ask questions or worry about this.

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Princess029 said:
Sucks when we don't really know when to breath nicely.hehe

Indeed..! but for us it doesn't matter as long as he has his valid open work permit, and helping me to pay those bills i guess we are still lucky..! Life is good..

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
CK07 said:
yeap! my husband did his e-medical and it takes only a week before they update his ecas to "Medical has been received" the letter told him to do his medical before March 15 2015. He did his e-medical on December 16 2014 (the next day when he got a medical request from cic officer)
Just one thing to add here.
When you receive the AIP letter and requested to do the medical check, it seems like they are giving you 3 months to do the medical.
But when you look closely at the IMM1017 (the medical examination form) that comes together with the AIP letter, it says the following:

"You are required to undergo the medical examinations within 30 days of the date of this
letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application."

The caveat is that there is no date in the IMM1017 anywhere. :eek:

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
jayshe25 said:
Daizey and Btun any news? What are the questions immigration montreal! It is the same in the other city?
Just got back from a 3 day trip to Montreal for landing. :) My interview was on the 12th at 1:00pm. Yes they pretty much ask the same questions...

Have you committed any crimes?

Do you have any dependents not applied for?

Are you still married? (guess they have to ask this, me and my husband just turned and laughed at each other)

And they asked my husband if he still wanted to sponsor me (To which I turned to him and said "he better!" My husband laughed and said yes.)

For those who haven't gone through it, don't be nervous, it's very quick and easy, and the Montreal office seems very nice and willing to help. We even asked the officer in charge of our landing interview about a refund for the work permit applications we'd never heard anything back about, and she said she'd check on it for us after we left. It was a good experience, and I was able to get my SIN right away at the nearest Service Canada office. So much stress is gone, and now we can get back to planning our futures. :)

Thanks to everyone here that has helped with advice or motivation to keep strong. Hope all of you get your happy endings very soon!!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
for those who've received the owp, how has it helped your experience with the process?

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
first of all, I congratulate all members for their AIP, DM and landing!!! champaign for you all and don't give up for all those still waiting for the good news.

I went to my landing interview today and it went very smoothly. the agent was extremely friendly and shoke my hand to congratulate me on my landing. It was the usual questions asked and then I had to sign a few lines on the paper. a stamp in my passport and it was over. she asked if we were celebrating and we said yes, everything was organized for tonight.

my immigration friends, I am over the moon tonight!!! this period endlessly waiting period is over , however I am still with you, who helped me through this painful process and I am crossing my fingers for you all that you hear the good news very soon.

Although, I was depending on the Vancouver office, I got my landing interview at a closer office, so for all you waiting buddies, who are not in Vancouver know that they have landing sessions scheduled in Nainamo, Prince George etc , like all over BC, just you know, however there are less landing dates than in the big cities.

Monday morning I 'll go for my permanent SIN and permanent health card and then I only have to wait for the PR card in the mail to be done with the process for quiet a while.

Thank you all for your great support and soooo many good advises, Ponga, lebon, tilikun, Sophiee, JohnnyP,bankerguy, Daizey, ACS, and all the others, a big hug and thank you

don't you worry, I will be around to help out with my experience if this can help anyone
love you all!!!!!!
keep faith it will happen for you as well
yours faithfull frenchwapiti :)