May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Miri2711 said:
hello! Yes you have to extend your visitor status. You need to apply for extension before your actual status runs out. If the processing takes longer...don't worry...then you re on implied status until you receive your new visitor visa. Also you can stay assured that they ll process the OWP applications but it ll take a couple of months. I sent my on 27 January 2015 and also haven't heard a thing. It's normal I guess. The common advise...sit and wait! ;) good luck
He is on implied status right now because of the work permit application he sent on Jan 30, so he doesn't need to extend his visitor status.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
I'd say his response was weak, lazy, and stupid.

Although the truth would be that they're too lazy to try and fix the problem, so I doubt anyone would want to hear that either.
Was I the only one yelling at my computer, while watching the bobble-head speak?

He was so proud to say that they've improved the processing times and that it includes family reunification.

"Hey stupid...family reunification pertains to those that have applied OUTSIDE of Canada"!!!!!!

Miri2711

Mar 5, 2015
sophieee said:
He is on implied status right now because of the work permit application he sent on Jan 30, so he doesn't need to extend his visitor status.
ah really? I thought the implied status just applies if you extend your already existing work or study permit...!? And what happens if he is on implied status and then one day CIC says they never received his OWP application or what so ever? Is. It not better then to have at least a legal status? I'd like to know too cuz my visitor visa is also running out in June this year.

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Princess029 said:
Hi guys, is there an August 2013 applicant that still waiting their DM's or I'm the only one left? I wanted to fax some document to Mississauga but I'm not not sure if I have to add 1 before the first 3 digits. Can anyone please tell me. I'm losing my mind. I sent out my document on February 26,2015 with express post and supposed to arrive in two business days but I keep tracking online with tracking number but says has not arrive yet. So I called CIC and the lady told me to fax the a letter explaining that I have mailed my additional document. Sigh I yell you this whole process never been easy for me at all.
Please help!

Don't worry princess you are not the only one.. My husband (which is August applicant)is still waiting his DM he already sent his medical December last year.. still hoping to hear a good news this month.. Heads up..!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Miri2711 said:
ah really? I thought the implied status just applies if you extend your already existing work or study permit...!? And what happens if he is on implied status and then one day CIC says they never received his OWP application or what so ever? Is. It not better then to have at least a legal status? I'd like to know too cuz my visitor visa is also running out in June this year.
what happens if CIC says they never received his OWP application? - the same thing if CIC says they never received your visitor extension application - you will be out of status. And if you have a temporary resident status, than every temporary resident permit application gives you implied status.

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-02-2013, Re-done Sept 2014
Interview........
Decision made Mar 09, 2015
Question for a friend.
Can you leave Canada for vacation if you have applied inland?
Or does your application become void?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
nervousme said:
Question for a friend.
Can you leave Canada for vacation if you have applied inland?
Or does your application become void?
an inland application does not get voided because you leave to go on vacation. it gets voided if the applicant is denied entry upon their return, which means they are no longer living in canada and most likely not be able to attend the landing interview (both requirements of inland processing). even then, who knows how long it takes CIC to figure out the applicant is no longer in canada.

to leave on vacation is not a big deal, and many people do it. the RISK is what happens upon re-entry. so if your friend is confident they won't be denied re-entry, they can certainly take the risk of traveling out of canada for a short vacation.

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
rhcohen2014 said:
an inland application does not get voided because you leave to go on vacation. it gets voided if the applicant is denied entry upon their return, which means they are no longer living in canada and most likely not be able to attend the landing interview (both requirements of inland processing). even then, who knows how long it takes CIC to figure out the applicant is no longer in canada.

to leave on vacation is not a big deal, and many people do it. the RISK is what happens upon re-entry. so if your friend is confident they won't be denied re-entry, they can certainly take the risk of traveling out of canada for a short vacation.
Ok, thanks that's what I thought.

If the also have a valid work permit and a multiple entry visa? Does that make their re-entry less of an issue ?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
nervousme said:
Ok, thanks that's what I thought.

If the also have a valid work permit and a multiple entry visa? Does that make their re-entry less of an issue ?
perhaps. i'm sure that can increase the chance of successfully entering. the truth is, no one can really tell you what will happen at the border upon re-entry. it is dependent on the questions asked, answers given and the mood of the officer in the moment.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
perhaps. i'm sure that can increase the chance of successfully entering. the truth is, no one can really tell you what will happen at the border upon re-entry. it is dependent on the questions asked, answers given and the mood of the officer in the moment.
That's really f'd up...but apparently true, to some degree. I imagine that their supervisor would need to sign off on the reasoning, but if the supervisor was also having a bad day...yikes! LOL!

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
CK07 said:
Don't worry princess you are not the only one.. My husband (which is August applicant)is still waiting his DM he already sent his medical December last year.. still hoping to hear a good news this month.. Heads up..!
Sucks when we don't really know when to breath nicely.hehe

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
CK07 said:
CK07, was your new medical sent direct to CIC (e-medical)? What to the agents at the Call centre have to say?
A bit worried for my recently submitted medical. I must travel in 4 months' time.

elizaanon

Jan 14, 2015
March 12 we attended my landing appointment at the Vancouver office. Here is a summary of our experience:

• Required:
o Photos: The letter asks for 2 copies of an immigration photo of the person being sponsored, but they only took 1 copy. The CIC agent said that the dimensions for the face were slightly off, but she accepted the photo anyway. Apparently Shoppers Drug Mart’s settings are off, but she suggested that Costco and London drugs usually are spot on.
o Work permit
o Passport
o Payment receipt
o Sponsor’s photo ID

• They ask the three questions: Committed a crime? Any children elsewhere in world not listed? Deportation order ever received?

• You review the COPR form to ensure your name is spelled correctly and your passport details are right. You initial to confirm these details, then initial next to your answers for the three questions. Finally, you sign your long form signature at the bottom.

• If, at the time of application (on or after Oct 25, 2012), you had been in the relationship with the sponsor for 2 years or less with no common children, then you also receive a document that says you have to stay together in a conjugal relationship from 2 years from the date of permanent residency. You also receive information about what to do in the case of spousal abuse or neglect. You have to sign that you received this information.

• We asked about travel between receiving COPR and PR card. The info shared on this forum was confirmed: that the air carriers require PR card and won’t accept COPR, but if you do a land border crossing then fly from the States (and return the same way), then there shouldn’t be a problem. I did overhear a lady talking about going to Manilla and the agent suggested that she attend the embassy to get some sort of re-entry document. Don’t take my advice on this – I just want to suggest that there might be other options if land border crossings aren’t convenient / possible.

• All in all, it was super easy and very quick.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and shared experiences over the past 19 months and special thanks to Sophieee for keeping the spreadsheet up to date. It’s been quite a comfort, especially during the radio silence that accompanied the 15 months of waiting for stage 1 approval.

Also, for the record, I was on an IEC work visa which expired in March 2014. I continued to work as I received assurances from 2 different CIC agents that I did indeed have implied status. And yes, they did send the boiler plate letter with the red writing at the bottom saying that IEC / working holiday visas are exempt from implied status – but they said that that didn’t apply to me because the OWP application I submitted with my PR application was for a different type of work permit – not an extension of the IEC / working holiday visa (which is not extendable). In November I received my OWP (prior to the start of the pilot program) and updated it with my employer.

Reading the comments on here about IEC / working holiday visas not being considered as eligible for implied status gave me a great deal of stress and many sleepless nights. I believe that I did the right thing, but I’m not an immigration lawyer. I don’t tell my story in order to give advice, just to give a different view. I would, however, encourage others to read everything and make their own decision prior to resigning from jobs.

All the best. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for quick PR for all.

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
rhcohen2014 said:

Thanks I will pass on the info.
Geez nothing can ever be straight forward eh?
I wish they would just say yes or no. Always a grey area with everything

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Ponga said:
That's really f'd up...but apparently true, to some degree. I imagine that their supervisor would need to sign off on the reasoning, but if the supervisor was also having a bad day...yikes! LOL!

Totally f'd up. Better have your Colgate smile ready when u reach the border crossing agent. And hope that he had his coffee that morning. Lol