Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Interview........
15-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
bankerguy said:
I never received the email confirmation of the receipt but i logged on to the link provided above and i printed it out

I have two receipts..for for $150.00 - that was probably the OWP fee.

and one for $1040

i cant remember why i paid $1040...i thought that the fee was only $490
Yes as noted by Ponga, that's the full fee. A lot of people for whatever reason don't pay the $490 up front...

We were never asked to produce the receipt, she just indicated she could tell we paid in full at the time of application. (But of course, go prepared)

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
bankerguy said:
I never received the email confirmation of the receipt but i logged on to the link provided above and i printed it out

I have two receipts..for for $150.00 - that was probably the OWP fee.

and one for $1040

i cant remember why i paid $1040...i thought that the fee was only $490
BTW bankerguy. I recall that you were saying your ECAS was suddenly updated with 'Medical Results Received' one day.
Do you remember how many days after the ECAS update you received the actual DM?

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
How could I be so stupid. I remember $1040 is the full fee. 475 principal applicant + 75 sponsor app fee + 490 RPRF fee.

Thanks guys haha.

Once my ECAS was updated to say "medical results received" we got 1/2 of the AIP email 4 days later (monday ..then on friday)
then i think on the following Tuesday she got DM email. (never did get the second half of the AIP email)

Interesting to note:

Our medical results were good for a year and we got them done 6 months before we applied..so they were FOR SURE expired..and expired by quite a bit by the time they were actually looked at by an officer.
AND, her police certificate thing from Japan expired on sept 19th 2013, and we mailed in our application Sept 18th 2013... so they were likely expired when the mailed package was physically received by the CIC.
Now... the cic agent did tell me on the phone that they look at the date stamped on the package when determining if something is expired..and not the day that they receive or open up a package.

interesting things that could help people applying now.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
I'm getting so nervous for the interview...

what are the questions they ask again??

TorontoCouple

Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Interview........
15-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
bankerguy said:
How could I be so stupid. I remember $1040 is the full fee. 475 principal applicant + 75 sponsor app fee + 490 RPRF fee.

Thanks guys haha.

Once my ECAS was updated to say "medical results received" we got 1/2 of the AIP email 4 days later (monday ..then on friday)
then i think on the following Tuesday she got DM email. (never did get the second half of the AIP email)

Interesting to note

Our medical results were good for a year and we got them done 6 months before we applied..so they were FOR SURE expired..and expired by quit a bit by the time they were actually looked at by an officer.
AND, her police certificate thing from Japan expired on sept 19th 2013, and we mailed in our application Sept 18th 2013... so they were likely expired when the mailed package was physically received by the CIC.
Now... the cic agent did tell me on the phone that they look at the date stamped on the package when determining if something is expired..and not the day that they receive or open up a package.

interesting things that could help people applying now.
Yes, we did our medicals May 2013... and applied August 2nd 2013... and they clearly in GCMS notes marked our Medicals as "Extended" but only until October 2014 or something.

In the end, never had to re-do medicals. Considered it a few times though...

We've seen some people indicate since we landed that they are being asked to re-do medicals... and some weren't even 12 months old at that time!
I think it really depends on the officer and on the applicants age and health situation though, we can't assume future applicants will have medicals extended that long.

laksidesvibe

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-15
AOR Received.
12-04-15
Med's Done....
24-01-15
rbz112 said:
FN 2013/10/26
AIP 2015/03/09
FULL AIP 2015/03/09
medical sent w/ app

also got a fingerprints request on 2015/03/09, any idea how long it's gonna before DM?
many thanks
Congratulations....you got AOR 26th of October, 2013?

TorontoCouple

Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Interview........
15-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
bankerguy said:
I'm getting so nervous for the interview...

what are the questions they ask again??
Nothing important - can't even remember, but very straightfoward.

Have you committed a crime type questions, do you have dependents who you did not include in the application (children specifically), and maybe one about being on social assistance?

I know some people indicate questions are actually a little different, but they are never completely random and are always just trying to catch people who lied on the application.

You've made it this far, it's just a formality, nothing to be anxious about.

It'll be "Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada" before you know it! (Or before she knows it, I guess)

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
TorontoCouple said:
Yes, we did our medicals May 2013... and applied August 2nd 2013... and they clearly in GCMS notes marked our Medicals as "Extended" but only until October 2014 or something.

In the end, never had to re-do medicals. Considered it a few times though...

We've seen some people indicate since we landed that they are being asked to re-do medicals... and some weren't even 12 months old at that time!
I think it really depends on the officer and on the applicants age and health situation though, we can't assume future applicants will have medicals extended that long.
Yeah makes sense..maybe if the applicant is older or there were some anomalies on the expired medical results..then they'd want them redone...
In our case, she's quite healthy 27 years old...probably not a risky 'profile' in that regard.

Hard to believe that this thing will be all over next week Wednesday. Many celebration drinks will be consumed ^.^

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Mela said:
Today is our sad anniversary. 2 years on the 1st stage of Inland processing without AIP. Our file is stuck in Winnipeg and we sent in all the extra documents they've requested last month and haven't heard anything. CIC says they haven't even opened them. My husband's status is on the line and I'm so worried something will go wrong and we'll lose everything. When we applied they told us the entire process would be 14 months. 24 months later we haven't made ANY progress. And the worst thing is that they are not accountable to the suffering they've brought any of us. This is the worst.
I know how you feel. We were in a Toronto Star article long ago and were the only ones not to get a work permit or approval from our group. It is frustrating. This time, when my husband did the Current with you, we got AIP and DM the next day. We still aren’t sure how much the show had to do with it. We were October 1, 2013 applicants and they were working on that group.

I really feel for you. Hopefully some media groups, especially the CBC, will want to do a follow up on your case. Keep up the pressure. I think the Facebook group is making waves. CIC cannot ignore you forever.

I know it is a ways off, but you can always take solace in the coming changing of the government. Things will certainly start moving again once that Chris Alexander is kicked out of power.

honeyblossom678

Nov 23, 2014
Hi Everyone,
I would like to let you know that my journey to spousal sponsorship is finally over. I hope this timeline helps someone.

Date Application Received according to CIC: September 30, 2013
Date AOR email Received: October 22, 2013
Country of Origin: Italy
Canadian City of Residence: Toronto
Visa Office......: CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......: week of September 23, 2013
AOR Received.: September 30, 2013
Med's Done....: September 14, 2013
Police Clearance: sent with application
Transfer of file from Vegreville to CPC Mississauga: March 7, 2014
OWP: January 9, 2015
AIP approval and Decision Made: February 25, 2015
Convocation to landing: March 20, 2015

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
So a strange thing happened to us. We are Feb/14 applicants and yet last week we received an email from CIC stating that in order to continue processing our application, they required my husband's passport, a medical, and the RPRF... We did not receive SA or AIP:

- my husband is a failed refugee since 2009. He has continued to stay in Canada as there was a moratorium on removals to Haiti until Dec 1/14. Even with that, the govt has given all people from Haiti 6 months to apply for H & C and advised they would not start removals for 6 months and if people applied they could stay until a decision was made. My husband has not applied as we have his application in process.
- he has not received a removal order and he has not been contacted by anyone from CBSA - and really he shouldn't until at least June/15.
- he has been receiving work permits the whole time in Canada because of his failed refugee status and the moratorium with Haiti.
- although my lawyer says this is good news - we are totally confused why we would get this. Has this happened to anyone?

As well, has anyone been asked for their passport - even though it is expired and being held by CBSA. Our lawyer advised my husband to request one from the Haitian Consulate and my husband called and they said they would be able to assist. He had to send them a bunch of stuff but they may be able to get him a new one - is that normal???

And of course - further complications - my husband had active TB while he was in Canada - the DR figured it activated because of all of the stress with immigration... go figure! Anyway, he completed treatment in Canada in September 2013 and has done all his follow ups since - and all has been clear - but has anyone had this come up and has this created problems for PR?

So confused!

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
Lorelai12 said:
So a strange thing happened to us. We are Feb/14 applicants and yet last week we received an email from CIC stating that in order to continue processing our application, they required my husband's passport, a medical, and the RPRF... We did not receive SA or AIP:

- my husband is a failed refugee since 2009. He has continued to stay in Canada as there was a moratorium on removals to Haiti until Dec 1/14. Even with that, the govt has given all people from Haiti 6 months to apply for H & C and advised they would not start removals for 6 months and if people applied they could stay until a decision was made. My husband has not applied as we have his application in process.
- he has not received a removal order and he has not been contacted by anyone from CBSA - and really he shouldn't until at least June/15.
- he has been receiving work permits the whole time in Canada because of his failed refugee status and the moratorium with Haiti.
- although my lawyer says this is good news - we are totally confused why we would get this. Has this happened to anyone?

As well, has anyone been asked for their passport - even though it is expired and being held by CBSA. Our lawyer advised my husband to request one from the Haitian Consulate and my husband called and they said they would be able to assist. He had to send them a bunch of stuff but they may be able to get him a new one - is that normal???

And of course - further complications - my husband had active TB while he was in Canada - the DR figured it activated because of all of the stress with immigration... go figure! Anyway, he completed treatment in Canada in September 2013 and has done all his follow ups since - and all has been clear - but has anyone had this come up and has this created problems for PR?

So confused!
If you could share the whole wording of that letter , we could have a better idea , but for what you mentioned I suspect that you got AIP and DM on the same email ( letter ) , maybe your case got expedited due to pressure from CBSA , but since CBSA haven't contact your husband then this theory doesn't fit either .

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Tilikun said:
If you could share the whole wording of that letter , we could have a better idea , but for what you mentioned I suspect that you got AIP and DM on the same email ( letter ) , maybe your case got expedited due to pressure from CBSA , but since CBSA haven't contact your husband then this theory doesn't fit either .
I know! Weird. No contact from anyone. The letter is definitely not AIP or DM. It just says in order to continue processing your application further information is required and that they must have by April 4/15: valid passport or travel document, medical, RPRF. Both our Ecas say application received...

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
impatienthope said:
Thank you and the other guests for going on The Current. I thought the show was well done (nice to have a 30min spot on this issue) and all of you on the program were very articulate about communicating the problem with inland sponsorship.
THANK YOU for helping people to understand this issue.
I totally agree with this. I have a lot of gratitude for you guys going on the show and all the people in the media! Mela I think of you often. I truly wish for you to get a positive decision very soon - it's about time for you!!!