+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
ukca8614 said:
I'm so happy for everyone who's getting DM on their applications, congrats!! ;D ;D

We're seriously starting to think about scrapping the damn paperwork and moving back to my home country because of the amount of stress this is causing. Mine SHOULD have been a straight forward app when I filed in June 2013 - moved here from England and lived here since Dec 2010, hadn't left the country at all, submitted everything they requested. Then begin the delays, and the requests "oh we need fingerprints," "oh well since we're taking so fking long and holding up your life your medical expired and we don't want to just extend it like we could, oh no, please go spend money you don't really have and do it again" to now find out that they've given themselves until Mid-Aug to make a decision on my application. My passport expires in Sept. I have travel planned in Sept. I can't renew my passport yet because I have to mail it off and it takes at least 6 weeks but at ANY point in the next 5 months I COULD get DM.

The repeated holdups, the extra money, the effect it's having on other plans, the fact it's kicked my depression up to the point I now have to be medicated again - I'm not entirely sure life in Canada is worth it anymore :'(
Any luck with your local politician?

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
canadianyogini said:
Hi!

How long does it take Montreal office to send Landing Letter? Also how long to landing letter to landing?
If you have not done then maybe you can look at the inland 2013 document. It has all the statistics for most people. Hope that helps.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArK2RVjQ5v59dFlqaGRPN3JxaGY4Nk9ucTZxV1Z0NEE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Lorelei

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
21-05-2013
I have a question ::) Landed and today switched my sin number. I have to update that information to my employer and the bank,will that be a problem cause my next paycheck is due this friday,and I am not sure that old number is valid. :-[

fishbone17

Nov 4, 2012
Hey, I landed yesterday and just notified my employer of my new SIN. I still received my pay stub today and my pay will still be deposited tomorrow. I don't think it will be a problem for you.

Thanks so much to everyone on this forum!
I landed yesterday and I must say this forum has helped me cope with the waiting game. Everything just got better when I got my work permit last year. For the record, my timeline is below.
AOR: Aug 28, 2013
AIP: Oct 14, 2014
OWP: Oct 28, 2014
DM: Feb 5, 2015
Landed: Mar 4, 2015
Have an awesome year y'all! :D

Lorelei said:
I have a question ::) Landed and today switched my sin number. I have to update that information to my employer and the bank,will that be a problem cause my next paycheck is due this friday,and I am not sure that old number is valid. :-[

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lorelei said:
Hi,

Congrats! That should not cause a problem. You do not need to rush that anyways. Do that at your convenience. CRA knows both your old and new SIN and knows they are pointing to the same person. Had done that myself 10 years ago (I am the sponsor).

Lorelei

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
21-05-2013
I just saw what i wrote :) I landed on 23 february,and today was my first day off since that day so I went to service canada and switched sin. Anyways payday is in a few hours so I will notify employer and bank tommorow.

Thank you guys :)

honeyblossom678

Nov 23, 2014
I have still not received the letter from CIC informing me of the final decision.
I would like to know if CIC sends a letter separate letter with the date for the landing interview or do they usually include it in the letter when they made their decision?
iHow long did it take to receive the letter that has your landing interview?
Honeblossom

post-kt

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
canadianyogini said:
Hi!

How long does it take Montreal office to send Landing Letter? Also how long to landing letter to landing?
they send me the landing letter on January 21 ...my landing appointment will be on march 19 in Montreal

LeBon

May 21, 2013
For those of you looking for a sign of progress, my wife received the sponsor approval email last night - we're hoping for AIP today. I'm an October 2nd 2013 applicant.

WeCanadoIt

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Quebec Applicants(nearing completion), could people share their timeline for the following?

DM received :
Prelanding Letter received:
Landing Appointment received:
Landed:

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Hello guys please help !!! :( :(

I am planning to apply for a spouse owp, my restoration period is gonna end by mar 08, 2015. Me and girl friend got married in canada on feb 2015. But unfortunately i still did not get my marriage certificate and I need to apply for a work permit before Mar 08, 2015. As of now am planning to apply with the certificate that the marriage commissioner gave me and later send my original certificate.

I want to know whether it is good to apply online or through paper??. If I apply online the processing times are fast but I understand that I cannot submit my original certificate without a requisition from a Cic officer and because of this i feel that my application can even be rejected.( out of status for past three months and jobless and not enough money for regular expenses). How do I get to a cic officer to ask for my marriage certicare ??

If I apply through paper it takes longer time and how do i send the marriage certificate when I get it ?? How do i connect my application for my WP and my original marriage certificate. ??

Any reply would be really appreciated !! Please help !! Thanks !!

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
WeCanadoIt said:
Quebec Applicants(nearing completion), could people share their timeline for the following?

DM received :
Prelanding Letter received:
Landing Appointment received:
Landed:
I am in Montreal too

DM: 30 Jan 2015
Pre-landing: 6 Feb 2015
Landing appointment: Still wait :(

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prschn said:
Hello guys please help !!! :( :(

I am planning to apply for a spouse owp, my restoration period is gonna end by mar 08, 2015. Me and girl friend got married in canada on feb 2015. But unfortunately i still did not get my marriage certificate and I need to apply for a work permit before Mar 08, 2015. As of now am planning to apply with the certificate that the marriage commissioner gave me and later send my original certificate.

I want to know whether it is good to apply online or through paper??. If I apply online the processing times are fast but I understand that I cannot submit my original certificate without a requisition from a Cic officer and because of this i feel that my application can even be rejected.( out of status for past three months and jobless and not enough money for regular expenses). How do I get to a cic officer to ask for my marriage certicare ??

If I apply through paper it takes longer time and how do i send the marriage certificate when I get it ?? How do i connect my application for my WP and my original marriage certificate. ??

Any reply would be really appreciated !! Please help !! Thanks !!
You won't be able to apply for OWP if you are out of status. People have been refused work permit for that. Even if you apply for OWP with application, they will process it after AIP.

you should apply for restoration as a visitor today since Mar 08 is a Sunday.