+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

yulialake

Oct 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emmisocks said:
My landing date was yesterday! We were super nervous as well. We actually got to the office a whole hour before our appointment. Our appointment was in Saskatoon. I gave the letter I received in the mail to the gentleman at the door and he took it to the window. There were two ladies before us and there was only one person conducting the appointments. After it was all said and done, our appointment took a whole 15 minutes. The woman conducting the appointment was super nice and the whole thing is really a formality to make sure nothing has changed, everything is in order, and to get the paperwork sent out so that you'll receive your PR card. She asked for my passport and a form of ID for my husband. She voided my open work permit and my visitor's permit since I don't need them anymore, stamped my passport so that it shows I'm a landed PR, and had me sign two forms. The whole process was quick and painless and by the end we were wondering why we were so nervous in the first place! So really, just be prepared. Take everything that the letter asks you to and you should be fine. She asked some questions (Have I ever been denied entry to Canada? Have I ever been asked to leave Canada? Are there any new dependents (like have we had children since the process started?) Are you planning any trips outside Canada in the next 2 months?) and then made sure that we knew how PR status worked.
Why do they ask if you're planning to travel outside of Canada?? What did you say?? :)

I'm planning to travel home as soon as I get my PR done. So that question makes me a little nervous.

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
nismopinoy said:
Do you still have the email address wherein we can send the information? We called before and the agent told us that as long as the baby born here in Canada no need for updates. Thank you
We emailed to the address : CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca. But this is for is Mississauga office so it depends where your office is? Tks

emmisocks

Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
yulialake said:
Why do they ask if you're planning to travel outside of Canada?? What did you say?? :)

I'm planning to travel home as soon as I get my PR done. So that question makes me a little nervous.
I'm not entirely sure why she asked that question, but since we aren't, I said no. I'm also planning to travel home now that everything is done. I miss my family and 2 years is so long! But we can't make the trip just yet, we have other things we need to get in order. Plus, the paranoid, worried part of me doesn't want to travel outside the country without my PR card in hand.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
emmisocks said:
I'm not entirely sure why she asked that question, but since we aren't, I said no. I'm also planning to travel home now that everything is done. I miss my family and 2 years is so long! But we can't make the trip just yet, we have other things we need to get in order. Plus, the paranoid, worried part of me doesn't want to travel outside the country without my PR card in hand.
if you are a us citizen, all you need to travel is your COPR and your passport. especially if you are traveling by car. if you are traveling by plane, as you are visa exempt, all you need to board the plane is your passport. your COPR will used at point of entry to prove your PR status (which technically is done as soon as they scan your passport).

yulialake

Oct 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emmisocks said:
I dont want to travel without my pr card either. I guess I can just say no but travel anyway. Or they going to make a note in my case.....oh CIC makes everything so complicated

marlene250

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
Doc's Request.
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Done....
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
I have a question : On the Right of "Permanent Residence Fee" receipt it appears my husbands name ( the sponsor) as I payed with his credit card. In this case what should I write at date of birth and client ID ?
The payers dates even if hi is the sponsor and not the applicant ?

Thanks you for your responses.

emmisocks

Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
yulialake said:
I dont want to travel without my pr card either. I guess I can just say no but travel anyway. Or they going to make a note in my case.....oh CIC makes everything so complicated
Oh, no, definitely be honest with them. I don't think the question effects the decision. I think perhaps they want to know your plans and have you be prepared for the border if your card hasn't arrived yet. rhcohen2014's advice sounds good.

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
yulialake said:
you need your PR card to enter Canada

post-kt

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
marlene250 said:
I have a question : On the Right of "Permanent Residence Fee" receipt it appears my husbands name ( the sponsor) as I payed with his credit card. In this case what should I write at date of birth and client ID ?
The payers dates even if hi is the sponsor and not the applicant ?

Thanks you for your responses.
I wrote down my date of birth and my UCI number..............my commom law partner paid my RPRF with his credit card ...his name appears on it

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yata520 said:
you need your PR card to enter Canada
Not true. A person can enter Canada with only their CoPR and their passport (at a land border).

It is the commercial carriers that require the PR card, unless the traveler is from a visa exempt country.

marlene250

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
Doc's Request.
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Done....
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
post-kt said:
I wrote down my date of birth and my UCI number..............my commom law partner paid my RPRF with his credit card ...his name appears on it
Thanks

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
yulialake said:
first, remember that CBSA handles entries and CIC handles immigration. second, once you land, you are a PR, you have permanent status and your file with CIC is essentially closed. There is no need to fear having something "written in your file". once you are a pr, you are free to the privileges being a permanent resident gives you, which includes gaining permanent entry to canada. CBSA can't revoke your PR, and CIC won't revoke your pr because you traveled outside of canada without a pr card. again, as a visa exempt pr, you can travel to and from canada without a PR card no problem. you are a PR. stop worrying and start living! you are done. there's nothing more for CIC to care about. as far as CIC is concerned, your file is back in a pile collecting dust.

ScarlettPrimrose

Dec 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
05-01-2015
AOR Received.
App Received by CIC 18-09-2013
Med's Request
05-01-2015
This process sure has taken awhile for everyone, but I think it seemed extra extra long due to the slow and late release of OWP. When I applied in Sept.2013 the TOTAL time for step 1 and step 2 was 14 months. Actually sitting down and counting it has taken 18 months total for myself. That's a 4 month delay ( vs some folks who have taken much longer), which in hindsight I'm quite grateful for. I know 4 months of delay isn't great, NOR am I saying CIC is fast, but in totality, I'm glad it didn't take longer. And that with an end in sight, 4 months delay wasn't that bad for us. It was really the lack of an OWP that really sucked.

Hope they move it along and will actually catch up some time before summer, and grant DMs within or before that 14 month deadline they quoted us.

LeBon

May 21, 2013
ScarlettPrimrose said:
This process sure has taken awhile for everyone, but I think it seemed extra extra long due to the slow and late release of OWP. When I applied in Sept.2013 the TOTAL time for step 1 and step 2 was 14 months. Actually sitting down and counting it has taken 18 months total for myself. That's a 4 month delay ( vs some folks who have taken much longer), which in hindsight I'm quite grateful for. I know 4 months of delay isn't great, NOR am I saying CIC is fast, but in totality, I'm glad it didn't take longer. And that with an end in sight, 4 months delay wasn't that bad for us. It was really the lack of an OWP that really sucked.

Hope they move it along and will actually catch up some time before summer, and grant DMs within or before that 14 month deadline they quoted us.
I could not agree more. I'm expecting AIP any day and, if I'm lucky, maybe DM at the same time. I got an OWP last February through IEC and now have a pilot program OWP. My issues with this process dramatically decreased when that permit arrived. 17 months is not appropriate for stage one approval, but, when immigrating to a new country, the ability to earn your way and contribute is all I think we can ask for. The pilot has given us a chance to do it, I hope it becomes a permanent addition to the process.

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
I'm so happy for everyone who's getting DM on their applications, congrats!! ;D ;D

We're seriously starting to think about scrapping the damn paperwork and moving back to my home country because of the amount of stress this is causing. Mine SHOULD have been a straight forward app when I filed in June 2013 - moved here from England and lived here since Dec 2010, hadn't left the country at all, submitted everything they requested. Then begin the delays, and the requests "oh we need fingerprints," "oh well since we're taking so fking long and holding up your life your medical expired and we don't want to just extend it like we could, oh no, please go spend money you don't really have and do it again" to now find out that they've given themselves until Mid-Aug to make a decision on my application. My passport expires in Sept. I have travel planned in Sept. I can't renew my passport yet because I have to mail it off and it takes at least 6 weeks but at ANY point in the next 5 months I COULD get DM.

The repeated holdups, the extra money, the effect it's having on other plans, the fact it's kicked my depression up to the point I now have to be medicated again - I'm not entirely sure life in Canada is worth it anymore :'(