11-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Done....
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
ALEJOMOR said:
Congrats!!! Way to go! How long did you wait for?
Thanks ! Good luck to you too !

I received the DM on 13 february so, after 17 days I received the letter interview.
The distance between DM and landing is 1 month and since I applied it will be 19 month + 2 month waiting period in order to receive the PR card.... a total of 21 month. ;D

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Daizey said:
Yay jayshe25! :D Finally, your landing date has been made. Now to look forward to the 16th! I know we're looking forward to ours, we're making a 3 day vacation in Montreal to celebrate the landing. :)
We will celebrate when we received the PR card. We will double celebrate coz I might be pregnant :)

mapleleaf1022

Oct 22, 2014
jmarie88 said:
Yep, full AIP congrats!! The medical is part of the DM process. When did you take your medical exam? Curious to see how long they're extending the expiry date..
Thanks JMarie88! :D

I did my medical in May 2013. I probably got too excited then that I did my medical first before completing my papers. Tsk, tsk.

ALEJOMOR

Nov 20, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
mapleleaf1022 said:
Hello everyone! Sep 24 applicant here. :)

I was greeted this morning by two wonderful emails. One for my spouse approving him as sponsor:

"This refers to the Application to Sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner In Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of xxxxxxxxxx.
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly..."

One for me:

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law
Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as
a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please note that a final decision
will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met...

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office:

> Medical..."
------------------

Is this full AIP even if I need to redo my medical exam? They said that my previous medical exam has expired.

Congrats!!! That's AIP :) You must feel excited and happy :)

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
mapleleaf1022 said:
Hello everyone! Sep 24 applicant here. :)

I was greeted this morning by two wonderful emails. One for my spouse approving him as sponsor:

"This refers to the Application to Sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner In Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of xxxxxxxxxx.
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly..."

One for me:

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law
Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as
a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please note that a final decision
will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met...

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office:

> Medical..."
------------------

Is this full AIP even if I need to redo my medical exam? They said that my previous medical exam has expired.
Congrats!

presh

Mar 3, 2015
Hey Everyone, I just found this forum after all this time, what a wonderful feeling to know that I'm not alone in this messed up situation, I could almost cry :'(
My husband is Canadian ( I'm from the Netherlands) and I live with my husband and our daughter in Canada,they received our application on September 3. I have not left the country since April 2012

- on January 20 (2015) we received 2 emails, 1 saying It has been determined that both my partner and I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence and that they need a new police clearance certificate, not long after we obtained and send out the document we got an email confirming they received it and it was approved!

- in the meantime I also got my temporary working visa

- On February 25 (2015) I received an email saying: We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada immigration Center in Etobicoke will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident aplication.

Does anyone know here how long it generally takes for them to call? On the website it says it takes around 8 months after initial assessment before they give you pr status....so I'm really confused here and a little too scared to be happy yet ;)

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
presh said:
Hey Everyone, I just found this forum after all this time, what a wonderful feeling to know that I'm not alone in this messed up situation, I could almost cry :'(
My husband is Canadian ( I'm from the Netherlands) and I live with my husband and daughter in Canada,they received our application on September 3.

- on January 20 (2015) we received 2 emails, 1 saying It has been determined that both my partner and I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence and that they need a new police clearance certificate, not long after we obtained and send out the document we got an email confirming they received it and it was approved!

- On February 25 (2015) I received an email saying: We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada immigration Center in Etobicoke will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident aplication.

Does anyone know here how long it generally takes for them to call? On the website it says it takes around 8 months after initial assessment before they give you pr status....so I'm really confused here and a little too scared to be happy yet ;)
Hi for me it took a week to hear from Etobicoke. We landed February 19th so I'm sure you will hear very soon! Congrats you are almost done!

presh

Mar 3, 2015
kismetfatum said:
Hi for me it took a week to hear from Etobicoke. We landed February 19th so I'm sure you will hear very soon! Congrats you are almost done!
What does landed mean exactly? I already live in Canada, don't tell me I have to leave Canada and reenter Canada ;D And what happens after you are landed? Do you receive Pr then?

olgabizz

May 12, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville -Missasauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013 (sent)
AOR Received.
11-09-2013 (Application received)
File Transfer...
CPC V- CPC M - March 2014
Med's Done....
February 2014
Passport Req..
DM : 12 Feb 2015
LANDED..........
23 Feb 2015
CONGRATULATIONS to your family!!!!

That is a final step, more of a formality. :) they will contact you within 4 weeks max. i was contacted the same day by email with the date of the landing interview. and the interview itself (without waiting time to be called upon) is just 5-10 mins with signing the papers and making sure the spelling is correct in the docs, and formal questions if u committed a crime, have dependents, have been asked to leave canada/deported, if you still married, your address.

Good luck, you are almost there!

presh said:
My husband is Canadian ( I'm from the Netherlands) and I live with my husband and our daughter in Canada,they received our application on September 3. I have not left the country since April 2012

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
presh said:
What does landed mean exactly? I already live in Canada, don't tell me I have to leave Canada and reenter Canada ;D And what happens after you are landed? Do you receive Pr then?
No. If you are IN Canada, you will land at a local office. CIC will send you a letter with a date, time and location and you will then become an official PR of Canada.

ALEJOMOR

Nov 20, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Good news!!!! An October 1st, 2013 received AIP today!!!! Hehehehehehehehehehe

olgabizz

May 12, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville -Missasauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013 (sent)
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
February 2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23 Feb 2015
You do not have to leave Canada :D which is awesome :) they call it landing - as traditionally people who applied from outside Canada land on Canadian border. For inland applications, you go to your designated immigration office - in your case, Etobicoke office - they will ask you some formal questions which i mentioned above and they will give you a print out of Confirmation of Permanent Residency and then your card will come in the mail within 2 months.

presh said:

olgabizz

May 12, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville -Missasauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013 (sent)
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
February 2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23 Feb 2015
Great news ,post-kt and ALEJOMOR!!! Congrats! CIC is on the ball again :)

presh

Mar 3, 2015
Ponga said:
No. If you are IN Canada, you will land at a local office. CIC will send you a letter with a date, time and location and you will then become an official PR of Canada.
Thanks for clearing that up, wow that means I'm almost there guys! what a wild ride it has been. Is everyone here still somewhat sane? haha