+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ACS said:
CONGRATS!! To everyone with good news!!! The date eventually does come no matter how impossible it seems!!

Our landing is tomorrow at 1pm....I am soooooooooooo nervous....cannot concentrate on anything at work.....omg.

I cannot find out original receipts for when we paid the $1050. But have the Visa Statement. Hope that will work.

We have been back and forth about bringing our son, currently we are thinking not to bring him. Don't know how long the wait will be, and to pull him from school (although it's only Junior Kindergarten), not sure that it would be worth it. I don't think the outcome will actually change by having him with us....Plus, assuming it's good news, hubby and I may want a bit of time to celebrate. Afternoon champagne anyone?!?!? ;D

Scared to get in celebratory mood, and jinx anything.....so I am on the edge of my seat all day...feeling EXTREMELY anxious...*hoping I don't have some crazy anxiety attack at the appointment...OMG*
While it's still strange that he never needed his Costa Rica PCC, you have to assume that it is still good news. For that reason, I'd suggest leaving your little man in school tomorrow...just so you and your husband can truly celebrate the moment.

You will let us all know how it turns out, right?!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Ponga said:
While it's still strange that he never needed his Costa Rica PCC, you have to assume that it is still good news. For that reason, I'd suggest leaving your little man in school tomorrow...just so you and your husband can truly celebrate the moment.

You will let us all know how it turns out, right?!
1000% of COURSE!!! Although it may be a slightly tipsy message if the champagne is going down well....hahaha! ;) :p

This long, painful, frustrating, confusing journey would have been even more unbearable without you all. I can't say you have kept me sane, as I can not truthfully admit to being sane. :p LOL. But all of you must know how valuable each other have been to one and all of us during this ridiculous process!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ACS said:
1000% of COURSE!!! Although it may be a slightly tipsy message if the champagne is going down well....hahaha! ;) :p

This long, painful, frustrating, confusing journey would have been even more unbearable without you all. I can't say you have kept me sane, as I can not truthfully admit to being sane. :p LOL. But all of you must know how valuable each other have been to one and all of us during this ridiculous process!
May I suggest a nice bottle of `Yellow Tail Bubbles'?

This forum really has been a life saver for many of us!

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
ACS said:
OMG!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!! +1 for you linxord!!!!!!

That is one less worry on my mind!!

Now if only I could get some more input on my other landing questions...lol
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/etobicoke-landing-inland-application-t268891.0.html
Hi ACS , I brought almost every CIC related piece of paper on that day , and they didn't ask me to show any of
Them , not even the copy of my $1040 receipt !! She just checked if it was showing as paid in the system,
The sizing of the 2 photos is very important ! That you have to check that it matches with the specifications they sent you .
A refused temporary resident visa (from within Canada or at the Guatemala Canadian embassy ) is not the same as being denied entry into Canada, so he must answer No to that question .
And about the US Border incident , if you disclosed it and they didn't even want to process your rehab application , it's because they couldn't match that incident with any crime under the Canadian Criminal Code ,
Was your credit card charged for the $200 rehab fee ? I bet not . So just answer " No" to that question , good luck ! And congratulations for sure !
"Modify"
I was talking about the question " have you committed any crime " of course .
And also I forgot to mention , for you and your husband to bring your Ontario IDs showing same address (or any other proof of you guys living under the same roof ) , congrats again ! :D

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Ponga said:
May I suggest a nice bottle of `Yellow Tail Bubbles'?

This forum really has been a life saver for many of us!
I agree with you Ponga. This forum has been a blessing. I do feel connected to all you guys now :) It has been a good journey.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
ACS said:

Good luck tomorrow!! You're finally almost done with this tedious process, I'm sure everything will go well. :) Congrats and best wishes!

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
As we all are waiting for AIP to complete, how are we planning to file canadian taxes? Any idea? We dont have social insurance number?. Suggest? I know in US, we can apply for ITIN. Is there something similar here in canada.

pls advice.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
vik999 said:
As we all are waiting for AIP to complete, how are we planning to file canadian taxes? Any idea? We dont have social insurance number?. Suggest? I know in US, we can apply for ITIN. Is there something similar here in canada.

pls advice.
I know last year my husband just claimed me as a dependent since I was not working that year. The same will be done this year. Great news is, you can get a nice little chunk of change in taxes back that way even though you haven't been able to contribute to finances for awhile as the applicant. I couldn't begin to tell you how to do it, however, as we used a family accountant to get ours done.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Daizey said:
I know last year my husband just claimed me as a dependent since I was not working that year. The same will be done this year. Great news is, you can get a nice little chunk of change in taxes back that way even though you haven't been able to contribute to finances for awhile as the applicant. I couldn't begin to tell you how to do it, however, as we used a family accountant to get ours done.
Thanks!

wictory

Jun 29, 2014
Two questions :

1. I am a November 2013 applicant and just applied for an OWP in the new pilot program in the very end of January.
How long sohuld it be taking to hear anything from CIC ?

2. My wife got pregnant. Do I need to let CIC know ? If yes what sort of documents should I send ?

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
wictory said:
Two questions :

1. I am a November 2013 applicant and just applied for an OWP in the new pilot program in the very end of January.
How long sohuld it be taking to hear anything from CIC ?

2. My wife got pregnant. Do I need to let CIC know ? If yes what sort of documents should I send ?
1. Most likely about 4 months.
(so late April I'd say)

Daradiro

May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Today i received my landing appointement email

For the spreadsheet : I will land on the 20th of Feb. at Etobicoke office

It still didnt sink that we are at the end of this almost never ending process.
Again thanks to everybody in this forum, it was so helpful and comforting, all the information and support.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
vik999 said:

pls advice.
Since you are waiting for AIP I assume you are not working and your income for the year is zero therefore you do not need to file taxes and you can still claim spousal credit. If you want to claim child, tuition or other credits that you may be eligible for then you need to file a return. You can use an old SIN# to file a return. If you've never had a SIN# in Canada then you can apply for ITN.

I went through the same exercise with my partner.

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi guys and to all has the experienced. I have question. My passport is expiring next year. Do you think once I get my PR or visa they are going to base on my passport expiry? Meaning they are only going to give me the PR card issued and validity base on my passport?

Thanks and hope il get a response from whoever got their PR card and visa already. Please share

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Princess029 said:
Hi guys and to all has the experienced. I have question. My passport is expiring next year. Do you think once I get my PR or visa they are going to base on my passport expiry? Meaning they are only going to give me the PR card issued and validity base on my passport?

Thanks and hope il get a response from whoever got their PR card and visa already. Please share
No, they don't issue your PR card based on your passport expiry, BUT they do issue your COPR and allow for landing inside of your passport expiry. If you start to get close to expiry and haven't yet landed, I would suggest getting a new passport.