+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

h8tow8

Jan 28, 2015
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm glad i found it, because this immigration process is so frustrating and sometimes it's great to hear someones advice or opinion.

Here is my story:
I got married to love of my life this summer. After few weeks of figuring out how to apply, we decided to hire lawyer and let them do the work. We contacted few firms, and chose a big law firm in Toronto, that has 100+ great reviews. After paying them for their service, we realized that we made a mistake with choosing them ( it takes them days and days to answer to our multiple emails, or return phone calls...) Finally, we completed the full package (inland application and OWP) BTW, lawyer said we don't need to do OWP at the same time as PR, since PR itself is gonna give me IMPLIED STATUS. But i insisted to send OWP with PR at the same time! They send the package in October 2014 and said to wait...(package was received based on UPS tracking number. At the end of December, we called CIC to confirm they actually got the package. CIC told us that they received it and gave us application number that starts "XF000000000" and AOR was send at the beginning of December. AOR was NEVER received by my lawyer. So in January we called CIC and requested to resend AOR, still nothing....I didnt need visa to enter canada. But i didnt extend my visitor status, thinking i have implied status as per my lawyer. But now im thiking i may not have implied status. Yes my application was received, but CIC cant confirm that they see my OWP, claiming that since it was sent in the same envelope, it wasnt opened yet.

I've been trying to find out and locate my OWP by calling CIC every day. I asked them to locate it with official receipt number, but still no news. They just say keep waiting.

my concern, what it my lawyer didnt actually send my OWP with pr application? i'll be out of status...

please share your thoughts/ideas
Any help will help.

wish everyone smooth and quick process.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LeBon said:
I can see the frustration for people but, for me, the key thing from AIP is an OWP and now that has been delivered I'm waiting for DM. But as long as I can work and leave Canada for vacation it's hard for me to get too wound up over it.
AIP and/or OWP does not guarantee re-entry!

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Ponga said:
AIP and/or OWP does not guarantee re-entry!
This is technically true, but aside from "the stuff of legends", is there any evidence that anyone ever was actually denied re-entry with an inland PR application in process, even before AIP/OWP (just with AOR)?

I can't find anything anywhere that indicates this, which makes me think while it's "technically true" you could get denied, it never happens.

There are quite a few posts on here now from people who are leaving/coming back with no issue in this situation.

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
bankerguy said:
Its taking weeks to move forward just 1 or 2 days of ..that's really sad.

BUT..

lets look at the bright side, a WHOLE BUNCH of people with only AOR have open work permits now ...lets not forget how BIG and helpful that was to a lot of us. The Pilot program saved a lot of people.

In my situation...it was a huge help. Pretty much doubled our house hold income. She went back to work the day after she got her permit.
A WHOLE BUNCH of people were also excluded and will not be getting OWP. That was not helpful for me at all. In fact, since that has been implemented for some my financial situation has taken a much, much worse turn. I could be in debt well over $60,000 by the end of winter and I still might have months and months to wait until our October 1, 2015 application is even looked at.

Great for you. Really sucks for me. For me there is no bright side. My future doesn’t hold a second income any time soon. What I get is a debt that I can never recover from. To top that off, my union is calling for a strike and my elderly and infirm mother has to move out of her house, cannot afford a seniors residence and doesn't have first and last rent for an apartment suitable for her needs and, therefore, needs money from me, her only child. I also get the stress of all of this is starting to weigh on me to the point where it is damaging me physically and emotionally. This is my punishment for believing my government was actually capable. I guess my bright side is being shown how little my government cares for its citizens.

jn0t703

Nov 15, 2013
Hi Guys,

Question about sending more paperwork to CIC Case processing center in Mississauga.

Since it is a PO box, do I need to send the paperwork by Express Delivery with Signature required? I assume no one will sign for the package.

Thanks.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
automaton82 said:
This is technically true, but aside from "the stuff of legends", is there any evidence that anyone ever was actually denied re-entry with an inland PR application in process, even before AIP/OWP (just with AOR)?

I can't find anything anywhere that indicates this, which makes me think while it's "technically true" you could get denied, it never happens.

There are quite a few posts on here now from people who are leaving/coming back with no issue in this situation.
Just repeating what's been said here many times, as well as what CIC even mentions on their website about Inland applicants wanting to leave Canada.

anascorse

Oct 6, 2014
jn0t703 said:
Hi Guys,

Question about sending more paperwork to CIC Case processing center in Mississauga.

Since it is a PO box, do I need to send the paperwork by Express Delivery with Signature required? I assume no one will sign for the package.

Thanks.
They sign it.

Always go safe, because it's proof you sent documents and that someone received it.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
thegorchess said:
A WHOLE BUNCH of people were also excluded and will not be getting OWP. That was not helpful for me at all. In fact, since that has been implemented for some my financial situation has taken a much, much worse turn. I could be in debt well over $60,000 by the end of winter and I still might have months and months to wait until our October 1, 2015 application is even looked at.

Great for you. Really sucks for me. For me there is no bright side. My future doesn't hold a second income any time soon. What I get is a debt that I can never recover from. To top that off, my union is calling for a strike and my elderly and infirm mother has to move out of her house, cannot afford a seniors residence and doesn't have first and last rent for an apartment suitable for her needs and, therefore, needs money from me, her only child. I also get the stress of all of this is starting to weigh on me to the point where it is damaging me physically and emotionally. This is my punishment for believing my government was actually capable. I guess my bright side is being shown how little my government cares for its citizens.
I AM happy for those that have received OWP under the pilot program, don't get me wrong, but unfortunately it seems as though I was also excluded. That, and the fact that it seems I'm still without an AIP when we filed in (early) August 2013 and now they're working on September 2013. It seems very unfair that some people did not get the same privilege of a work permit with AOR as a lot of others did, and I also have no clue when I'll ever receive any progress AT ALL. I was so sure I'd hear something by the beginning of the year. Guess I'm on the 2 year list. Congrats to those who did receive OWP or even AIP and DM. If only I could share the same happiness, that is my only wish. :)

anascorse

Oct 6, 2014
automaton82 said:

As long as you have all the documents (permit, visa if you are not from a visa exempt country, etc) you should be fine.
I went to brazil and came back.
I didn't mention anything about my inland application in process (at that time I only had AOR), the officer just asked about my current status, asked to see my permit, and that was it. But I had all supporting documents just in case, receipts from PR app, all my previous visas, even a letter from my spouse just to confirm we are together and waiting for the process,etc.

2013CJF

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
09-01-2014
File Transfer...
01-02-2014
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015
I am happy for all those that are receiving a owp under the new pilot program. My only question right now is that why are they not giving them out on a first come first serve basis? We applied in Dec 2013, and yet people who applied in the summer 2014 are getting their owp!! It's so frustrating!! Any other Dec2013 people waiting for their owp?

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Hi All,
I just Landed today, and under medical details is Surveillance Code 1 Expiry Date 2016/01/11. What does that code mean? Thank you guys in advance
Timeline
AOR August 21/ 2013

Oct 20, 2014
2013CJF said:
I am happy for all those that are receiving a owp under the new pilot program. My only question right now is that why are they not giving them out on a first come first serve basis? We applied in Dec 2013, and yet people who applied in the summer 2014 are getting their owp!! It's so frustrating!! Any other Dec2013 people waiting for their owp?

We sent out our PR in September 2013 and our OWP in December2013. CIC told us that the OPW was sent out January 2, 2015. Still waiting…..I'm thinking that it's not coming with Canada Post but by Pigeon Post!

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
thegorchess said:

Great for you. Really sucks for me. For me there is no bright side. My future doesn't hold a second income any time soon. What I get is a debt that I can never recover from. To top that off, my union is calling for a strike and my elderly and infirm mother has to move out of her house, cannot afford a seniors residence and doesn't have first and last rent for an apartment suitable for her needs and, therefore, needs money from me, her only child. I also get the stress of all of this is starting to weigh on me to the point where it is damaging me physically and emotionally. This is my punishment for believing my government was actually capable. I guess my bright side is being shown how little my government cares for its citizens.
I am so sorry to hear this is your situation thegorchess, it sounds incredibly stressful. I really hope you do not have to wait months before they review your application - it would be ridiculous. There are many people with many reasons who would like to see this process start moving, from financial to emotional. Although I am happy for people receiving their OWP, this is not the only thing AIP provides. For me, my husband is a failed refugee claimant and the longer CIC does nothing, the greater the chance he could get deported. AIP would allow him to stay until the process is complete. That is a stress that is sucking the life out of me every day. I have no doubt that many people here have many stories where this is impacting their lives in so many negative ways. I am happy that not everyone has these financial and/or emotional stresses but for those of us who do - it is really hard to not get overwhelmed by it all!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Lorelai12 said:
I am so sorry to hear this is your situation thegorchess, it sounds incredibly stressful. I really hope you do not have to wait months before they review your application - it would be ridiculous. There are many people with many reasons who would like to see this process start moving, from financial to emotional. Although I am happy for people receiving their OWP, this is not the only thing AIP provides. For me, my husband is a failed refugee claimant and the longer CIC does nothing, the greater the chance he could get deported. AIP would allow him to stay until the process is complete. That is a stress that is sucking the life out of me every day. I have no doubt that many people here have many stories where this is impacting their lives in so many negative ways. I am happy that not everyone has these financial and/or emotional stresses but for those of us who do - it is really hard to not get overwhelmed by it all!
There are two people on the spreadsheet who had some issues with CBSA and both of them got their AIP and DM much faster than others with similar timeline (zxy1 and missworld13). I can imagine that your situation must be very stressful, but so far we saw rather good outcomes from similar situations, that may give you some hope.

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
sophieee said:
There are two people on the spreadsheet who had some issues with CBSA and both of them got their AIP and DM much faster than others with similar timeline (zxy1 and missworld13). I can imagine that your situation must be very stressful, but so far we saw rather good outcomes from similar situations, that may give you some hope.
Thanks Sophieee. I appreciate your compassion. It is good to see hopeful stories. I know some others that have not been as hopeful which is why I stress... I wish I didn't know those stories!!! :) Hopefully soon things will begin moving at a good pace and all our stresses will be behind us because we ALL get OWP, AIP and DM!!!! Everyone here certainly deserves that!