App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
The CIC call centre must be slammed today can't seem to get through today tried a bunch of times.

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
woodyc said:
That is BS alright. I'm also a July 13 applicant. So yeah same thing happened to me they forgot about my file or something or the officer who was working on it quit.
So do you have AIP yet ? On my ecas it says medical results received but they are well expired by now so hoping I don't have to do them again. Does you ecas say medical results received ?
This is what ECAS says - and has said since July 2014. I don't understand what's taking so long to do this - it's not like mine is a complicated application or anything. We're married, no children, no divorces, upfront medical included. Whoever officer BS is needs a kick up the butt!! I did my medical in June 2013 when I filled out the application :(

We received your application for permanent residence on July 12, 2013.
We started processing your application on July 17, 2014.
Medical results have been received.

I hope they don't do to you what they did to me!!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Mela said:
I hope this won't come out too confusing. Let me set up our timeline.

AOR: March 16, 2013
January 2014 - transferred to Winnipeg (we were living in Saskatoon long before but they hadn't processed our address change so the file went to Winnipeg)
April 2014 - transferred to Saskatoon
December 2014 - file has gone over Saskatoon's 8 month time frame so CIC sent them a message to get working on it. They told me to call back in 3 months if I hadn't heard anything.
January 2015 - file has been transferred back to Winnipeg.

I called CIC on Friday and they told us our file has been transferred from our local office of Saskatoon back to Winnipeg and they couldn't tell me why. HOW could they transfer us again? I just don't understand how they can be putting us through so much when we've been waiting more than 22 months for our first stage approval! Can't somebody just look at our file and tell us the truth at least? Any ideas why on earth they'd transfer the file away from our local office at this point? I am so much more than frustrated I don't even know where to go from here.
Hi Mela,
I just saw your post, but it's unbelievable... My only guess is that whoever opened your file in Saskatoon saw the note that you requested to keep your file in Winnipeg in January, 2014, before the second transfer. It's still unacceptable, whatever the reason is.
I know that you already contacted your MP, but at this point maybe it would worth a visit in person. Our MP is very close to the place when I'm volunteering, so when I wanted them to contact HIBC on our behalf I went to their office every single week and asked them very politely if they had a time to take a look at our case. After 3 or 4 weeks they finally had.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
ukca8614 said:
So right now I absolutely despise CIC and the stress they're causing me.
Applied July 2013. Took them forever to start my application. Requested fingerprints in August 2014 - provided them. Sat waiting and waiting. Now I get an e-mail telling me that I have to do my medical again as it expired ((BECAUSE OF THEM!!!)) and oh yeah, it's another $300 almost to get done. Why couldn't they tell me this at the same time as my fingerprints?! But I guess its ok since I obviously have an unlimited source of money to pay for all this BS.

//end rant :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Both the fingerprints and the medical are needed at the second stage, so if that's all that they requested, there is still no reason why you didn't already receive your AIP.

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
ukca8614 said:
This is what ECAS says - and has said since July 2014. I don't understand what's taking so long to do this - it's not like mine is a complicated application or anything. We're married, no children, no divorces, upfront medical included. Whoever officer BS is needs a kick up the butt!! I did my medical in June 2013 when I filled out the application :(

We received your application for permanent residence on July 12, 2013.
We started processing your application on July 17, 2014.
Medical results have been received.

I hope they don't do to you what they did to me!!
Wow you even applied before we did that is BS CIC are really screwing 2013 apps over. We are in the same boat straight forward application, no kids on app, no parents on app, no divorce only lived in Canada & my home country my whole life, did medicals upfront paid all the fee's was hoping to get the AIP+DM at the same time. ( Back when CIC were on a roll before July 2013 )

When I called in end of November 2014 they said "oh yeah nothing has been done on your file since Feb 2014" which was my AIP date so my file had sat there doing nothing for over 8 months. Now the call centre agents have said that they starting working on my file as of Dec 2014 & they said i should hear something between now & May 2015 when I spoke to them last week. I was like are you serious May 2015 ??? So annoyed at CIC worst experience of my life dealing with the CIC how can one department be so bad at their job.

sophieb

Nov 6, 2014
I successfully landed at the Vancouver office today. The landing process was a lot more informal than I anticipated. Our appointment started right on time. The agent that processed my documents was very friendly. We got called up to a booth (not a private room) and were asked to present passport, work permit, payment receipt, etc.. My spouse was not even asked to show ID to prove that we live at the same address.

I was asked the standard questions:
1) Have you committed a crime? I was worried about my fine for graffiti as a 15 year old which was already disclosed to the CIC during application process but the agent said there is nothing to worry about and put NO. I never had to go to court for the fine.
2) Do you have any dependents?
3) Have you ever been deported from Canada.
4) When did you enter Canada?

The agent also verified my address and asked me to verify all of the information on the PR form then initial. I was told that I could not apply for the new SIN card until the PR card arrives in approximately 6 weeks.

Overall, it was a pleasant process which took about 45 minutes.

Good luck to everyone!

TorontoCouple

Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Interview........
15-01-2015
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
sophieb said:
I successfully landed at the Vancouver office today. The landing process was a lot more informal than I anticipated. Our appointment started right on time. The agent that processed my documents was very friendly. We got called up to a booth (not a private room) and were asked to present passport, work permit, payment receipt, etc.. My spouse was not even asked to show ID to prove that we live at the same address.

1) Have you committed a crime? I was worried about my fine for graffiti as a 15 year old which was already disclosed to the CIC during application process but the agent said there is nothing to worry about and put NO. I never had to go to court for the fine.

The agent also verified my address and asked me to verify all of the information on the PR form then initial. I was told that I could not apply for the new SIN card until the PR card arrives in approximately 6 weeks.

Good luck to everyone!
Congrats Sophie!

Glad to hear you didn't have any issues with that graffiti experience

Please let me know if you have Condition 51 on your COPR... (must cohabit for 2 years) You would have had to initial it.

If you do have it, please confirm if you were common-law/married for longer than 2 years before you applied.

Thanks!

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
shyla36 said:
Hello there. Waiting buddy. Yes, frencwapiti and i just thought about you. Glad you made your way back through. I hope you get your owp soon. I dont know if you have done it, but suggest you call cic and tell them that you are way past the timeline and that you havent gotten your owp. Ask them to pls send a note on your file re owp. Thats what i did. I even requested for a reprint because the first one was mailed in my home country and yes they reprinted. So yes, call them and it might work. Good luck
Yeah, at first that's what I told my husband to do when he wanted to do something about it. When he called CIC though (and we all know how great they are at giving us different information every time we call) they told us we had to submit a whole new work permit application. $155 fee and everything. They said if my first OWP got approved before the pilot program one did they'd refund the money, but I told my husband that still sounded ridiculous. But he did it anyway. So we'll see...which one gets to me first? Any bets? :p

Also, I just checked the spreadsheet after not looking at it in awhile...and I'm the only August applicant without even AIP? That's pretty depressing. :(

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey All,

I landed as a PR on Jan 15 at etobicoke. The process was very fast and smooth.

My spouse (my sponsor) was with me but she was never asked to show her id or address proof. I went before the appointment time, got a number (as you get in any service canada/service Ontario location) and waited for about 30 minutes and had to go to a counter (not a room) and became a PR in 10 minutes. I was given a perm SIN number at the same location after waiting for few more minutes.

My timelines:

App submitted: Aug 2, 2013
AIP: Oct 15, 2014
DM: Jan 7, 2015
Interview call: Jan 8, 2015
Landed as a PR: Jan 15, 2015
Total Duration: 1 year, 5 months, 13 days

sophieb

Nov 6, 2014
TorontoCouple said:
Congrats Sophie!

Glad to hear you didn't have any issues with that graffiti experience

Please let me know if you have Condition 51 on your COPR... (must cohabit for 2 years) You would have had to initial it.

If you do have it, please confirm if you were common-law/married for longer than 2 years before you applied.

Thanks!
Thank you! Yes, I had to sign condition 51. We are common-law and had been living together for 2 years (1 year in the UK and 1 year in Canada) before we applied.

BTW we submitted our application in May 2013 so we had to wait 20 months to get to this point.

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
sophieb said:

Good luck to everyone!
Sophieb :))) This brings me happiness. Congrats!!

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
I just got my passport back from CBSA without any issues (yay) :)

The paranoia is diminishing now, but I must say I was feeling nervous even when I was picking up my passport.

Now to renew my old passport and make travel plans :D

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
sophieee said:
Both the fingerprints and the medical are needed at the second stage, so if that's all that they requested, there is still no reason why you didn't already receive your AIP.
i am an applicant in May 2014, did my med exam in 2013; I got my OWP with conditions : cannot work in school or healthcare.
Does this mean my med exam is expired? should I re-do my med exam again and re-submit?

ruppcs

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Wow. I'm speechless. It finally happened. Hubby just got DM. Such a long, frustrating journey and it's almost over. Right now I'm just in shock. Waiting for the elation to set in! We are July 26, 2013 applicants.