sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
JohnnyP said:
My wife finally got the OWP!!!!! It's not AIP but we are still very happy!!! After 17 months, finally...

FYI, CIC said they approved and issued the OWP on Jan 5th and we received it today. We live in Victoria, BC.

CONGRATS JOHNNYP ! WHAT A RELIEF EH ! ENJOY

ging910

Feb 19, 2014
I am an October 15th,2013 application.
And I just received OWP in mailbox today.
I actually sent my OWP application(paper only unless you have AIP) before my study permit expired this July, and two months later CIC sent me an email saying I am on implied status, so people can still send their OWP application before their legal status expires instead of sending it with application.

cvflame said:
Good day everyone,

Would anyone be able to clarify if there is suppose to be a receipt acknowledgment regarding OWP applications that were sent with a sponsorship application?

I'm an early October 2013 applicant that received AOR on October 9th, 2013 and the application started processing at the end of the same month. I submitted the OWP request along with my application.

It's great to see that people are receiving their OWP and DM recently!

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
JohnnyP said:
My wife finally got the OWP!!!!! It's not AIP but we are still very happy!!! After 17 months, finally...

FYI, CIC said they approved and issued the OWP on Jan 5th and we received it today. We live in Victoria, BC.
congratulations JohnnyP, finally you got it too!!! Very happy for you

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Thank you very very much guys!!!!!

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
we got our letter for the landing interview last week which will be on the 20th of this month.

anyone know how long the PR card takes afterwards?

T_dot_O

Jan 10, 2015
Hello,

I won't be surprised if this inquiry was captured in an earlier post, however would greatly appreciate some confirmation or advise with mine.

Spouse completed undergraduate studies, got a PGWP and prior to the expiry of the PGWP submitted a FC Inland spousal sponsorship accompanied with a work permit extension application. While waiting for a decision for both AIP and a new OWP, she has continued to work under implied status with the same employer until a decision was rendered. After a year or so, we received the OWP with comments 'Pending FC Approval' but still no word on the AIP - reading through this post it seems as though the OWP could now be received before the AIP.

Few questions:
1) Given the type of work permit she was on, implied status would have been relevant during that time, correct?
2) With the 'Pending FC APR' I'm assuming that if AIP is denied then this automatically invalidates the OWP?
3) Not sure if this question is relevant for this forum, however assuming that the AIP gets approved in the next few weeks or month; Could the implied status combined with the new OWP status be used to apply for the Ontario provinces OHIP at the time that AIP is received? Or does the 153 days start from the date that AIP is approved?

Thanks.

post-kt

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
princesultan said:
we got our letter for the landing interview last week which will be on the 20th of this month.

anyone know how long the PR card takes afterwards?
princesultan when was the date of your DM? and when did you received the letter for the landing interview?

marcyb25

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-10-2014
Cic explained to me that when they open the file they enter in their system and assign a temp file number starting with T when the contents is checked for signature and that the correct forms were used the file number changes to an F. I dont believe they have done that check yet maybe thats why they dont see owp. On the last week of dec I got my owp file number from cic call centre and was told it is in line for processing. I have heard nothing since

dongfam said:
Thanks for your information. I just called in again, they said my sponsorship application is in the system with a file number starting with T, but cannot find anything relating to my owp. I am 100% sure my lawyer has sent it in with my application. Did you check if they have received your owp? They asked me to call back in 4 months if I still have not receive my owp. =
(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
We have AOR - no AIP or SA
she was on a post grad work permit - and now she is on a OWP..
and it exp
A lot of people on here get confused regarding PGWP..weather or not they are extendable..or whatever..well..i can say for sure 100% that under the pilot program, if you were on PGWP and you apply for OWP along with PR then you can get a new OWP while you wait for AIP!
They have absolutely no connection. Her previous PGWP was not even a factor in her new OWP, because it was issued under the new pilot program.

If she had continued working, it's very possible that it would have been seen as working illegally.

Congrats!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Hello guys!!!!

I am here to share a great news again!!!!
My wife received the AIP this morning. I was shocked that they sent the e-mail on Saturday.
Yesterday, she received the OWP from Vegreville and today, the AIP. It feels unreal and we can't be any happier. 2015 will be a great year for us.

I am not 100% sure but I think the e-mail I sent to MP helped us get the AIP.

Anyways, thank you for all the support and all of you who are still waiting for SA, OWP and AIP, I wish you good luck! You will receive the good news soon.

marlene250

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
Doc's Request.
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Done....
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
JohnnyP said:
Hello guys!!!!

My wife received the AIP this morning. I was shocked that they sent the e-mail on Saturday.
Yesterday, she received the OWP from Vegreville and today, the AIP. It feels unreal and we can't be any happier. 2015 will be a great year for us.

Anyways, thank you for all the support and all of you who are still waiting for SA, OWP and AIP, I wish you good luck! You will receive the good news soon.
Congratulation ! It wasn't that long after all since you sent them the requested doc.
Maybe you will get the DM also soon
Good luck !

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Anyone here that did not receive DM before AOR August 8 2013, I'm starting to get a bit worried since applicants after this OAR date received DM already.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
T_dot_O said:
Hello,

I won't be surprised if this inquiry was captured in an earlier post, however would greatly appreciate some confirmation or advise with mine.

Spouse completed undergraduate studies, got a PGWP and prior to the expiry of the PGWP submitted a FC Inland spousal sponsorship accompanied with a work permit extension application. While waiting for a decision for both AIP and a new OWP, she has continued to work under implied status with the same employer until a decision was rendered. After a year or so, we received the OWP with comments 'Pending FC Approval' but still no word on the AIP - reading through this post it seems as though the OWP could now be received before the AIP.

Few questions:
1) Given the type of work permit she was on, implied status would have been relevant during that time, correct?
2) With the 'Pending FC APR' I'm assuming that if AIP is denied then this automatically invalidates the OWP?
3) Not sure if this question is relevant for this forum, however assuming that the AIP gets approved in the next few weeks or month; Could the implied status combined with the new OWP status be used to apply for the Ontario provinces OHIP at the time that AIP is received? Or does the 153 days start from the date that AIP is approved?

Thanks.
Since a PGWP cannot be extended, the majority of responses here to this same question, have indicated that a person that continues to work would be doing so illegally. The OWP (when submitted with an Inland application) would still give the applicant implied status to remain in Canada, but not to continue to work.

2. Yes. If AIP is not reached the OWP issued under the new pilot program would be null and void. For this reason, the OWP under this program has something like `Pending FC approval', or similar on the document.

3. Sorry, I'm not in Ontario and cannot answer that question for you.

Good luck!

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
JohnnyP said:
Hello guys!!!!

Hey, Congratulations to you and your wife. IM August 21/13 hopefully i can get mine too. When did you submit ur following documents? Did you send by mail and email right? Thanks

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
JohnnyP said:
Hello guys!!!!

That is great news! Congrats!