+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Woow..! DM's for July and August applicants..! Congrats guys..! I guess some CIC officers are now back on track..! Anyway I have a question for those member who already got their OWP.. I checked my hubbys OWP and it says on (CASE TYPE/GENRE DE CAS : 27) do u guys know what does it mean..?

:D thanks in advance..!

whatalongwait

Dec 14, 2014
Re: How long will it be b/t DM letter and actual landing interview in Vancouver

hshi said:
does anyone know?

thanks
We received our landing letter one week after receiving the DM email. This was just before Christmas.

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Btun said:
Congrats Linxord!!!!!!
How was your interview, what kind of questions did they ask you guys?
Thank you :)

The standard questions.
1) have you committed a crime
2) have you been deported
3) have you been asked to leave
4) do you have any dependants that you have not declared on the application.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
marlene250 said:
You definitely are eligible for the OWP under the pilot program in case that your lawyer send it along with your PR application. Give a call to CIC and ask about the status of your OWP. Maybe is mailed already.
The issue here is IF the applicant had VALID status in Canada when the application was sent, not if the OWP was included or not. He did not mention it. Only him and his lawyer knows. Maybe and i say maybe, the applicant was out of status and he is not elegible.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
honeyblossom678 said:
Hi ,
I am a September 2013 applicant. My husband and I applied inland on September 30, 2013. We sent it to Vegreville and Sent to Mississagua on March 7, 2014.
Today, I checked my Ecas (I am the sponsor and didn't know that sponsors receive their own Ecas profile) and it says that our application is been in process October 21, 2013, while in my Husband's Ecas it says Application Received.
I would like to know if it is normal for an application to be in process that long ( just over a year). Why is it taking this long?? We sent a work permit along with our application and our lawyer have told us That we are are not eligible for the OWP pilot program.
I would appreciate any insights from you.
Did your husband had a valid status when the second application was received ? If not, he is not elegible for the pilot program. The processing times are according to the current ones. Decision on the sponsorship will be made hopefully in the next few months.

honeyblossom678

Nov 23, 2014
susana said:
Did your husband had a valid status when the second application was received ? If not, he is not elegible for the pilot program. The processing times are according to the current ones. Decision on the sponsorship will be made hopefully in the next few months.
Which second application are you refering to?
He came as a tourist and then we applied for an extention for his tourist visa which it will expire in March 24, 2014.

post-kt

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
today I received an e mail saying that :

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in MONTREAL will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
finalization of your permanent resident application.

My question is how long does it take for them to contact me for an interview?...becoz I will be visiting my country on January 25....I will be gone for a month.

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
post-kt said:
today I received an e mail saying that :

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in MONTREAL will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
finalization of your permanent resident application.

My question is how long does it take for them to contact me for an interview?...becoz I will be visiting my country on January 25....I will be gone for a month.
Congratulation for your DM.
When was your AOR? I am in Montreal too. I think it is impossible for your to visit your country on the Jan 25 even though your interview will be before or after that day.

post-kt

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
alexandre1610 said:
Congratulation for your DM.
When was your AOR? I am in Montreal too. I think it is impossible for your to visit your country on the Jan 25 even though your interview will be before or after that day.
AOR aug.7,2013