10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Audjgal said:
I called CIC today for the first time ever to confirm that my OWP was received and logged in the system with my AOR from oct 2013 and it was.
He stated that if I had sent in OWP after 22nd December it would take 4 months but bc I had sent it in with Original application it could be a matter of weeks.
He also implied/hinted without me asking that I might get my first stage approval before I get my OWP because I have already been waiting for 16 months. He stated its in process and things are speeding up soon but he can't tell me anymore than that so who knows. The guy was pleasant enough and gave me more information than I had asked for, I didn't feel like I was being fed a bunch of bull*censored word* to get rushed off the phone.
i did ask for a work permit number and he said he couldn't get me one as it is only printed when they print the work permit out. I didn't press the issue. After 16 months of waiting another month isn't going to kill me too much.

Whichever option gives me OHIP the quickest would be great. After 2 yrs of sitting on my ass not working in Canada and with a work permit about to land in my hands I recently found out we have a baby on the way. This after trying for one for 4 years. The irony kills. Looks like work will have to wait a bit more...
Hi, could you please tell me which options you pressed to get through to talk to an agent?
I've been calling them since last week and it keeps saying that "due to high volume of calls, we are unable to direct your call to an agent...".

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
bankerguy said:
Pilot program is not clear, no time lines established...

Regular PR processing has stalled...

nothing is better..nothing is fixed.

They're stuck on Aug 28th apps and i'm Sept 18th..less than a month of applications before mine but i'm seriously thinking it could take another 6 months. I am ashamed to say that my country has a system so dysfunctional...

Like.... if you suck, or you dont have enough workers, or the established processes are slow...FINE..but BE CLEAR to everyone... At least people wont be left in the dark
I completely agree with you.
Today, I've sent an e-mail to my MP once again. I mentioned that it's reaching almost 17 months for us without AIP. I've also said that I am more than happy about the new pilot program but hope it does not affect the regular PR processing time.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnnyP said:
I completely agree with you.
Today, I've sent an e-mail to my MP once again. I mentioned that it's reaching almost 17 months for us without AIP. I've also said that I am more than happy about the new pilot program but hope it does not affect the regular PR processing time.
People are starting to get the OWP in the mails today

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
hey everyone. my wife received an email today stating that the processing is complete and that we will be contacted for an interview soon. is this stage 2 DM? if so, this was quicker than expected as we just received stage 1 in mid October.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princesultan said:
hey everyone. my wife received an email today stating that the processing is complete and that we will be contacted for an interview soon. is this stage 2 DM? if so, this was quicker than expected as we just received stage 1 in mid October.
It is Stage 2 Approval. Congrats

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
civic said:
People are starting to get the OWP in the mails today
"Effective December 22, 2014, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will commence issuing open work permits to certain spouse or common-law partner in Canada class (SCLPC) applicants before the approval in principle decision is made."

hm... I guess that means we (my wife) are not included in the group of those "certain spouse"s?... cuz I thought we would be the first one to receive OWP under new pilot program. so sad... :'( :mad:

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
JohnnyP said:
"Effective December 22, 2014, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will commence issuing open work permits to certain spouse or common-law partner in Canada class (SCLPC) applicants before the approval in principle decision is made."

hm... I guess that means we (my wife) are not included in the group of those "certain spouse"s?... cuz I thought we would be the first one to receive OWP under new pilot program. so sad... :'( :mad:
Johnny p, just call back. 18882422100. If it says high volume, hang up and call back again. I did that today and got hold of a nice lady who told me that my owp is issued already and will be receiving it soon. I know some without aip and with just sponsorship approvals have gotten owp. So dont gige up. Just call them again tomorrow early morning. Ask them to send an email if possible. You should be one of the firsts to receive owps as i know youre an early aug app too.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
princesultan said:
Congrats. I hope those waiting in line receive their dms too soon!

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
JohnnyP said:

Hello,
What is the certain spouses means? I have valid status until April 2015. BTW I'm August 21/2013 (AOR)

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnnyP said:

Call them tomorrow. Maybe your OWP has been sent out. They are being sent out in bulk. Many FB members reported that.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
shyla36 said:
Johnny p, just call back. 18882422100. If it says high volume, hang up and call back again. I did that today and got hold of a nice lady who told me that my owp is issued already and will be receiving it soon. I know some without aip and with just sponsorship approvals have gotten owp. So dont gige up. Just call them again tomorrow early morning. Ask them to send an email if possible. You should be one of the firsts to receive owps as i know youre an early aug app too.
Great. Thanks! I will try that tomorrow.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
civic said:
Call them tomorrow. Maybe your OWP has been sent out. They are being sent out in bulk. Many FB members reported that.
I can't wait to send out good news to everyone. Thanks!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
princesultan said:
First DM since July! :) I'm so happy for you!: :) :) :)
I'm starting to hope that CIC will finally start to work for real! :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
JohnnyP said:

Certain spouse means that for those who have valid status. Don't loose your hope, you are almost there!:)

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
I'm confused as to who qualifies as "certain" in regards to the CIC's statement regarding the pilot program...

We submit our PR app along with the OWP app.... would my partner qualify?? she doesnt have anything right now, no pgwp, no status in canada except for implied since she sent in the OWP along with the PR app