+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Skyline29 said:
Hi CK07 :) I don't have AIP yet , cic receive my application February 2014 till now I didn't heard from them thats why I can't renew my health card yet till I get anything from CIC, that's why I'm hoping that OWP pilot program can renew my health card, in god will:)
oic.. my husband had the same situation before so he called the alberta healthcare hotline and told them that his papers are in process.. they extend his healthcard for another 5 months.

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Dependant fill out form & sent documents
AOR Received.
File in Ecas feb 19, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
CK07 said:
oic.. my husband had the same situation before so he called the alberta healthcare hotline and told them that his papers are in process.. they extend his healthcard for another 5 months.
That's good CK07 that the Alberta give him extension for his health card , here in Ontarion nope they need to see or show them a letter from CIC that u have a application in sponsorship , I already called them many times , even the OWP it must be writen Case no 27 or state / remark in the OWP that under/related Sponsorship then they can renew my Heath card.
Anyway hoping to be heard from the CIC tru god help & guidance everything wil be fine :)

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Pilot program is not clear, no time lines established...

Regular PR processing has stalled...

nothing is better..nothing is fixed.

They're stuck on Aug 28th apps and i'm Sept 18th..less than a month of applications before mine but i'm seriously thinking it could take another 6 months. I am ashamed to say that my country has a system so dysfunctional...

Like.... if you suck, or you dont have enough workers, or the established processes are slow...FINE..but BE CLEAR to everyone... At least people wont be left in the dark

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the first stage processing times will go up again, I think first stage will reach 20 months soon...

There is just no improvement.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
I think the first stage processing times will go up again, I think first stage will reach 20 months soon...

There is just no improvement.
today is January 5th. the pilot program was announced December 22nd. There were 2 weeks of holidays between then and now, meaning CIC was not open for full weeks during that time. How on earth is that enough time to know how everthing will pan out? if CIC is saying it will be 4 months for new OWP to be approved, then the first sign of that actually happening won't be until MARCH!!!! Why are you expecting miracles on January 5th?? There has been quite the flurry of activity on the inland boards since last week, so OBVIOUSLY something is happening.

LeBon

May 21, 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
today is January 5th. the pilot program was announced December 22nd. There were 2 weeks of holidays between then and now, meaning CIC was not open for full weeks during that time. How on earth is that enough time to know how everthing will pan out? if CIC is saying it will be 4 months for new OWP to be approved, then the first sign of that actually happening won't be until MARCH!!!! Why are you expecting miracles on January 5th?? There has been quite the flurry of activity on the inland boards since last week, so OBVIOUSLY something is happening.
Desperation. The pilot is the light at the end of a very long dark tunnel for those of us waiting since 2013.

When I applied, processing time for stage one was 9 months (I think). I was expecting early 2015 to bring PR, now I'm hoping for an OWP through a pilot program because I don't even have AIP. I'm not expecting OWPs to arrive this week but I'm going to become more and more impatient as January progresses if there's no news.

MYERSATOR

Oct 6, 2014
bankerguy said:

They're stuck on Aug 28th apps and i'm Sept 18th..less than a month of applications before mine but i'm seriously thinking it could take another 6 months. I am ashamed to say that my country has a system so dysfunctional...

Like.... if you suck, or you dont have enough workers, or the established processes are slow...FINE..but BE CLEAR to everyone... At least people wont be left in the dark
my spouse's application was received on Sept 19th, 2013. Also no news. I am fed up being livid all the time because CIC is the worst organization I have ever dealt with - their unprofessionalism knows no boundaries..

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
MYERSATOR said:
my spouse's application was received on Sept 19th, 2013. Also no news. I am fed up being livid all the time because CIC is the worst organization I have ever dealt with - their unprofessionalism knows no boundaries..
Agreed. I don’t think there is any hope in sight for us. My husband is out of status, so the pilot program looks to be out of the picture. With energy going towards the pilot program and Express Entry us old timey, out of status. 2013 applicants will just languish in limbo. I have had it. I am enraged by my government. I HATE Chris Alexander. The damage he is doing to people’s lives is inexcusable. There is no reason why out of status people could not be included in the program. None what so ever. Just another way to dig the knife in deeper. Sadists!

Also, I don’t agree with the Express Entry crap. Unemployment rates are rising in Canada. Why is our government focusing on new workers rather than family reunification? Oh, yeah, to line to pockets of their rich friends. Sheesh. These people are scum. The whole lot of them.

marlene250

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
Doc's Request.
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Done....
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
Smsm81 said:
Someone got their OWP through the pilot today. the person sent their app on July 2014
That's great news but I think you mean July 2013 ?
Is it on FB page ? Did they get it in mail box or they got an e-mail notice ?

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
marlene250 said:
That's great news but I think you mean July 2013 ?
Is it on FB page ? Did they get it in mail box or they got an e-mail notice ?
July 2014 received AOR August 2014. They got in the mailbox

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
I called CIC today for the first time ever to confirm that my OWP was received and logged in the system with my AOR from oct 2013 and it was.
He stated that if I had sent in OWP after 22nd December it would take 4 months but bc I had sent it in with Original application it could be a matter of weeks.
He also implied/hinted without me asking that I might get my first stage approval before I get my OWP because I have already been waiting for 16 months. He stated its in process and things are speeding up soon but he can't tell me anymore than that so who knows. The guy was pleasant enough and gave me more information than I had asked for, I didn't feel like I was being fed a bunch of bullshit to get rushed off the phone.
i did ask for a work permit number and he said he couldn't get me one as it is only printed when they print the work permit out. I didn't press the issue. After 16 months of waiting another month isn't going to kill me too much.

Whichever option gives me OHIP the quickest would be great. After 2 yrs of sitting on my ass not working in Canada and with a work permit about to land in my hands I recently found out we have a baby on the way. This after trying for one for 4 years. The irony kills. Looks like work will have to wait a bit more...

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Congratulations x 2 for you! We could all use some good news around here ;)

Audjgal said:
I called CIC today for the first time ever to confirm that my OWP was received and logged in the system with my AOR from oct 2013 and it was.
He stated that if I had sent in OWP after 22nd December it would take 4 months but bc I had sent it in with Original application it could be a matter of weeks.
He also implied/hinted without me asking that I might get my first stage approval before I get my OWP because I have already been waiting for 16 months. He stated its in process and things are speeding up soon but he can't tell me anymore than that so who knows. The guy was pleasant enough and gave me more information than I had asked for, I didn't feel like I was being fed a bunch of bull*censored word* to get rushed off the phone.
i did ask for a work permit number and he said he couldn't get me one as it is only printed when they print the work permit out. I didn't press the issue. After 16 months of waiting another month isn't going to kill me too much.

Whichever option gives me OHIP the quickest would be great. After 2 yrs of sitting on my ass not working in Canada and with a work permit about to land in my hands I recently found out we have a baby on the way. This after trying for one for 4 years. The irony kills. Looks like work will have to wait a bit more...

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
bankerguy said:

Sadly, your estimate of 6 months isn't far fetched, to get 1 month of progress it appears to take about 4 months.

Last year they've changed the "normal processing time" every month since February. It's ridiculous.

rhcohen2014 said:
Not to be rude or anything, but Jamesdavid3 was talking about 1st stage processing times. If I'm not mistaken the pilot program doesn't do anything but expedite the OWP applications for a few lucky people, likely at the expense of whatever the inland processing queue would typically be doing.

When they finally get around to updating the website I'm sure we'll be seeing 17 months on our screens, and by January's end I'd bank on seeing 18.

The fact that CIC can figure out how to get the spouse of a foreign student Health Care and OWP in the blink of an eye makes me wonder why it's such a revolution to give the same to the spouses of Canadian citizens who have been anxiously waiting in Canada for a year or so already.

I can walk up to a border crossing and walk out with a visitor record, or with the right credentials a work permit, but it takes CIC 4 months?
You can literally walk in and get a visitor record in about 5 minutes, and a work permit takes about 15.
If I don't get into the pilot program I'm looking at 16/17/18 months?
My wife has lived with me in Canada for 14 months, we're scraping by on one income, but CIC needs more time to determine if our relationship is real, more time to determine if our police clearances and medical examinations are fake, more time to determine if I can still support her after she's allowed to work and get health care?

The patience that most users here display is mind-blowing. It really is commendable but our Canadian patience is getting the best of us.

Whenever I have a question about my application (that CIC hasn't noticed yet) I am redirected to contact my MP's office instead. I asked my local office rep if they have had a lot of complaints about these waiting times, and the answer is "no", no one asks, no one writes to their MP. At least not in my city. If CIC started getting harassed more by MP's wondering why something like an AOR never got sent to an applicant, perhaps they would actually send them consistently. Perhaps the website would update regularly even if it's Winter/Summer. Perhaps there would be a little transparency, some document tracking, some ability to communicate, some accountability.

Anyone waiting for Inland sponsorship, I don't care if you submitted before or after August 2013, contact your MP regarding the steadily inflating processing times. Just do it. Help put an end to the nonsense.

I know I haven't been waiting for nearly as long as most others here, but standing in the middle of this tunnel and seeing it unflinchingly lengthen by months at a time is disheartening to say the least.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Smsm81 said:
Someone got their OWP through the pilot today. the person sent their app on July 2014
It's great news, now the pilot program officially started!:)
Another great news that it came from Vegreville, so the pilot program won't cause any more delays in issuing AIPs