+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
shyla36 said:
Yes thats enough for you to have an implied status. Restoration is for those who just lost their legal status as worker or visitor. And you can only restore within 90 days after your visa expired.
Hello,
Thanks for quick response. One more thing since i sent my OWP together with my application and my status is expire on April 2015. So im safe and i dont need that restoration?

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hello,
Thanks for quick response. One more thing since i sent my OWP together with my application and my status is expire on April 2015. So im safe and i dont need that restoration?
Yes, if you sent owp with inland app. You just have to wait. What status do you have? Visitor or worker? If you dont hear anything by april, its really up to you if you still want to extend your stay as you have implied status anyway. If you still have a valid status you dont restore, you extend.

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
shyla36 said:
Yes, if you sent owp with inland app. You just have to wait. What status do you have? Visitor or worker? If you dont hear anything by april, its really up to you if you still want to extend your stay as you have implied status anyway. If you still have a valid status you dont restore, you extend.
Hello,
Im in a Worker permit. Im still waiting for AIP. SA received Just wanna make sure i follow the Law.

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hello,
It is always a good idea to remain in status if you can. Implied status is what you get if you sent in OWP and are waiting for it to be processed.

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
I've been thinking lately, and it will be interesting to see how quickly they really get all of these OWP out to all those waiting. It will also be interesting to see how the new pilot program affects the processing times in general and the second stage of processing.

only time will tell I guess... but it sure will be interesting, as CPC-M's last DM was given July 26th and that was given with the persons AIP. There were several others that weren't so fortunate to receive DM with AIP (May, June and July 2013 applicants) and I know several have been waiting way past this 8 month timeline, with no explanation as to what the holdup is.

I'm happy they have implemented the new pilot program, as it will highly benefit families if done properly. However, if not done properly, I fear it will hold back other stages of processing and possibly prolong the entire process as the thinking may become .."oh well they can work now so no rush for DM." Little do the recognize that no DM also hinders opportunity for mortgage loans, permanent job positions, and leaving the country. So I cerntainly hope they understand that issuing OWP to everyone upon AOR will not fix the overall problem if the timeline continues to climb. As we know...CIC promised 2014 to bring shorter processing times... ::) it did the exact opposite.

Thoughts anyone?

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
RRSweet said:
I've been thinking lately, and it will be interesting to see how quickly they really get all of these OWP out to all those waiting. It will also be interesting to see how the new pilot program affects the processing times in general and the second stage of processing.

only time will tell I guess... but it sure will be interesting, as CPC-M's last DM was given July 26th and that was given with the persons AIP. There were several others that weren't so fortunate to receive DM with AIP (May, June and July 2013 applicants) and I know several have been waiting way past this 8 month timeline, with no explanation as to what the holdup is.

I'm happy they have implemented the new pilot program, as it will highly benefit families if done properly. However, if not done properly, I fear it will hold back other stages of processing and possibly prolong the entire process as the thinking may become .."oh well they can work now so no rush for DM." Little do the recognize that no DM also hinders opportunity for mortgage loans, permanent job positions, and leaving the country. So I cerntainly hope they understand that issuing OWP to everyone upon AOR will not fix the overall problem if the timeline continues to climb. As we know...CIC promised 2014 to bring shorter processing times... ::) it did the exact opposite.

Thoughts anyone?

I agree with you and I am really worried about processing times as well. We applied in Feb 2014 and I feel like there is no possible end in sight. I am so frustrated by the lack of processing and the lack of transparency!! I really just don't get how why all the fricking secrecy.

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Dependant fill out form & sent documents
AOR Received.
File in Ecas feb 19, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Lorelai12 we are same month/year feb 2014 & me either I didn't heard from the immigration what's happening now, what is ur status here?

marlene250

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
Doc's Request.
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Done....
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
RRSweet said:

Thoughts anyone?
I think that they are going to increase the time for issuing AOR, that they are going to check the files more closely before and instead of 1 month how it was, is going to be like 4-6 month + 4 month waiting time for OWP it will be like 8 to 10 months maybe 1 year to receive OWP after sending the PR file.

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Skyline29 said:
Lorelai12 we are same month/year feb 2014 & me either I didn't heard from the immigration what's happening now, what is ur status here?
Skyline29 my husband doesn't have status here. He is a failed refugee claimant but has been here 7.5 years because there was a moratorium on removals to Haiti. That lifted December 1... Which has thrown my anxiety through the roof. I am just really needing things to get moving but at this point it feels like it will never happen!!! What about you?

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Lorelai12 said:
Skyline29 my husband doesn't have status here. He is a failed refugee claimant but has been here 7.5 years because there was a moratorium on removals to Haiti. That lifted December 1... Which has thrown my anxiety through the roof. I am just really needing things to get moving but at this point it feels like it will never happen!!! What about you?
Hi Lorelai12:) oic, my husband is the one who sponsor me, I'm in visitor visa , long story why I have visitor visa, becoz of that I can't renew my Ohip , I'll been here almost 5years this coming feb 2015, I send my OWP/pilot pol gram today hopefully everything will be fine & fast & tru that I can renew my Ohip:) in god guidance , help & will:) good luck to all of us:)

anascorse

Oct 6, 2014
Just got approved for my OWP today.

I sent the application for the work permit in august 2014.

I'm an August 2013 pr applicant.

My sponsor got the approval letter, I haven't got mine yet, so I am assuming my work permit is part of the new pilot program.

Anyone with their work permit under the new pilot program yet?

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
anascorse said:

My sponsor got the approval letter, I haven't got mine yet, so I am assuming my work permit is part of the new pilot program.

Good for u :) I just send my OWP application this day under pilot program , hope I will get it Soon & tru that I can renew my health card.
Is ur OWP indicate case type no 27 or is there remarks on it that it's under sponsorship ?
Thanks for answer :)

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
anascorse said:

Hello,
Im August applicant too, my husband got approved too but not me yet. Still waiting for AIP after i sent the following documents last Nov 28/14. No OWP yet, How did you get your OWP approval? By email or mails?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
anascorse said:

Since you already got your AIP, I think it's not the new pilot, it's the old system that grant OWP after AIP. The first OWP under the new pilot program will be for someone who hasn't got his/her AIP yet.
But anyway, it's good news, congrats!:)

marlene250

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
Doc's Request.
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2013
Med's Done....
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
anascorse said:

Waw ! Many congratulations ! So happy for you! Those are good news . It seems like it is the first OWP approval under the pilot program. Sophieee, she doesn't have AIP. just SA.

How did you got the approval ? Could you please reproduce here the letter that you received ?