Feb 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
Blackdisc said:
Folks we got the AIP. Wifey assumed that she got the same communication from CIC as me .... got confused that the AIP she got was SA actually. So AIP and SA were both on 10th Dec. LOL .... :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Thank God that at least this part is over.

BlackDisc
Congrats !!!

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Blackdisc said:
Folks we got the AIP. Wifey assumed that she got the same communication from CIC as me .... got confused that the AIP she got was SA actually. So AIP and SA were both on 10th Dec. LOL .... :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

BlackDisc
Congrats!! :D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Blackdisc said:

BlackDisc
Congrats to you both.

Screech339

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Guys another update. We went to full service center and got the OHIP based on the AIP email.
Now just waiting for DM. Any guesses as to how long the wait for DM will be?

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Blackdisc said:
Guys another update. We went to full service center and got the OHIP based on the AIP email.
Now just waiting for DM. Any guesses as to how long the wait for DM will be?
A couple of years

jn0t703

Nov 15, 2013
Hello guys,

Congrats to all with latest AIPs!

Just have some questions about my case, hopefully someone else has experienced the same situation.

My wife recently received an email from CIC asking for the following additional proofs:

> Proof of Relationship: Please provide additional proof of relationship. This must be
received at this office by: 2015/03/12 (We are married and already sent Marriage Certificate originally, along with a bunch of pictures. We have not had a wedding though.)
> Proof of Cohabitation: Please provide proof of cohabitation (01/08/2013 until present).
This must be received at this office by: 2015/03/12

What should we send them for those items?

Thanks.

greg10

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
jn0t703 said:
Hello guys,

Just have some questions about my case, hopefully someone else has experienced the same situation.

My wife recently received an email from CIC asking for the following additional proofs:

> Proof of Relationship: Please provide additional proof of relationship. This must be
received at this office by: 2015/03/12 (We are married and already sent Marriage Certificate originally, along with a bunch of pictures. We have not had a wedding though.)
> Proof of Cohabitation: Please provide proof of cohabitation (01/08/2013 until present).

Thanks.
when did you submit your application?

Frignanij

Oct 21, 2013
jn0t703 said:
Hello guys,

Thanks.
i got the same letter requesting that, today i called asking for information on what to send. so CIC sent me this email with info. hope it will help you
Proof of Relationship

When you apply for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner, you have to prove that your relationship is genuine. The following items can be used as proof of your relationship:

Documents showing a relationship, such as a family medical plan and a joint bank account.
Documents showing shared ownership of property, such as a mortgage and a lease.
A marriage certificate.
A statutory declaration of common-law union (available on our website).
Proof of death, divorce or separation if either you or your spouse were previously married or in a common-law relationship.
Wedding or commitment ceremony invitations and photos.
Proof that you live with your sponsor, such as joint utility bills showing the same address for both of you.
Proof of visits to each other or trips together, such as airline tickets, boarding passes, and copies of the pages in your passport with stamps.
Long distance telephone bills.
Documents naming your partner as a beneficiary, such as insurance policies and a will.
Letters.
Photos of important events.
Statements from family members, friends or others confirming the good faith of your relationship.
Please note that it is not mandatory to include all these items to prove that your relationship is genuine. In addition, other proof can be taken into consideration.

For more information, please consult the Instruction Guide included with the application.

Proof of Cohabitation

When you apply to sponsor a common law partner, you have to prove that you:

have been living with your partner for at least 12 consecutive months in a relationship similar to a marriage.
That means continuous cohabitation for one year, not periodical cohabitation adding up to one year. While cohabitation means living together continuously, from time to time, one or the other partner may have left the home for work or business travel, family obligations, and so on. The separation must be temporary and short term.

Here is a list of items that can be used as proof of cohabitation:

Shared bank accounts and/or credit cards
Shared ownership of residential property
Shared residential leases
Shared rental receipts
Shared utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone)
Proof of shared management of household expenses;
Evidence of shared purchases (especially for household items)
Mail addressed to either or both of you at the same address
Important documents for both of you showing the same address, (e.g., identification documents, driver’s licenses, insurance polices, etc.)
Shared responsibility for household management, household chores, etc.
Please note that it is not mandatory to include all these items to prove that you have lived together. Also note that other proof can be taken into consideration.

jn0t703

Nov 15, 2013
Frignanij said:
i got the same letter requesting that, today i called asking for information on what to send. so CIC sent me this email with info. hope it will help you
Proof of Relationship

When you apply for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner, you have to prove that your relationship is genuine. The following items can be used as proof of your relationship:

Documents showing a relationship, such as a family medical plan and a joint bank account.
Documents showing shared ownership of property, such as a mortgage and a lease.
A marriage certificate.
A statutory declaration of common-law union (available on our website).
Proof of death, divorce or separation if either you or your spouse were previously married or in a common-law relationship.
Wedding or commitment ceremony invitations and photos.
Proof that you live with your sponsor, such as joint utility bills showing the same address for both of you.
Proof of visits to each other or trips together, such as airline tickets, boarding passes, and copies of the pages in your passport with stamps.
Long distance telephone bills.
Documents naming your partner as a beneficiary, such as insurance policies and a will.
Letters.
Photos of important events.
Statements from family members, friends or others confirming the good faith of your relationship.
Please note that it is not mandatory to include all these items to prove that your relationship is genuine. In addition, other proof can be taken into consideration.

For more information, please consult the Instruction Guide included with the application.

Proof of Cohabitation

When you apply to sponsor a common law partner, you have to prove that you:

have been living with your partner for at least 12 consecutive months in a relationship similar to a marriage.
That means continuous cohabitation for one year, not periodical cohabitation adding up to one year. While cohabitation means living together continuously, from time to time, one or the other partner may have left the home for work or business travel, family obligations, and so on. The separation must be temporary and short term.

Here is a list of items that can be used as proof of cohabitation:

Shared bank accounts and/or credit cards
Shared ownership of residential property
Shared residential leases
Shared rental receipts
Shared utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone)
Proof of shared management of household expenses;
Evidence of shared purchases (especially for household items)
Mail addressed to either or both of you at the same address
Important documents for both of you showing the same address, (e.g., identification documents, driver's licenses, insurance polices, etc.)
Shared responsibility for household management, household chores, etc.
Please note that it is not mandatory to include all these items to prove that you have lived together. Also note that other proof can be taken into consideration.
Thanks Frignanij!

I believe you've most likely sent them those when you first apply right? I did send them whatever they ask in those lists the best we could. I guess they are just looking for more.

Frignanij

Oct 21, 2013
yes jn0t703 i think they are just looking for more. because as you said i sent wherever thay asked lots of pictures and docs. im september 16

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jn0t703 said:
We got the AOR on Sept 17 / 2013.
You sent your app Sep 17?

That means they are really having some movements into September 2013.

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
If the applicant received their AOR on September 17, their application was probably received in Vegreville weeks earlier. They are not processing September applications yet.

By the way, I'm really looking forward to seeing the go public story on CBC on Monday. Unbelievable that is came to this. What gives me hope is that go public was influential enough to get the government to overhaul the TFW program.

Keep up the pressure everyone!

Daradiro

May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
This morning I received an email from Cpcv agreeing to remove my dependent adult son from my application.
From a previous call I was told that all my background checks are complete. I am happy and hoping now for my DM coming soon, hopefully before Christmas.
Applied in April 2013
We got Aip End of January 2014
Medical done in February
Got health card in April
Applied for OWP in May received it in June

So Vegreville is alive, happy Christmas and good luck for everybody here in this forum.

whatalongwait

Dec 14, 2014
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to thank everyone for their contributions and updates. I've followed this thread for over two years now. We're almost done. I'm posting now because I know there are a few around my timeline who are still waiting for good news.

Straight forward application, no red flags. Missed the flurry of AIP & DM trend at the end of 2013. Ended up with AIP only.

Medicals up front. All fees paid. OWP applied for afterwards in August '13. Visitor extensions made prior to OWP application.

AOR Feb 28, 2013
AIP Jan 8, 2014 (email) - never received SA
MSP received effective Jan 1
OWP early Feb
DM Dec 9, 2014 (email)
Landing interview Dec 19 2014. (Snail mail received Dec 10)
Vancouver office for interview.

From start to finish (PR card in hand) it'll probably be closer to 2 years. We're glad it's almost finished.

Keep your hopes up! Your time will come.