12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
filipina311 said:
Hi guys, im aug 23 and still no aip. Just called cic and i was told to wait until feb 2015, and if i dont hear anyghing by then, to call them back.
sorry to hear that filipina311, this is just pathetic!!!!how comes they ask you after 15 months of waiting to wait another 2 months without any explanation? I feel really sorry for you and I am afraid it will become even worst with this process.

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
ACS said:
So interestingly enough when I called the call center again at 8am, I got the same lady as last time. Melaine. She was super nice, and super helpful.

She confirmed again that my husband DOES have AIP, and even read back to me the email she sent yesterday asking them to email him the AIP, as well as an email asking why we haven't gotten our work permit yet.

She also said that she can see on Nov.10 his file was transferred to another department (but still in Mississauga) to review the Criminality issue. She said “not gonna lie, but it will take longer to process with the review of the criminality issue.” But that extra time will be for the issue of DM. It is not supposed to affect the issuance of the OWP. And she says we should have had it approved by now, and it is not.

But I *think* this could be a good thing? If our file was transferred to another department to review the criminality issue on Nov.10th and my husband got AIP on the 17th??? (although not sent to him, she told me 100% for sure he got AIP on the 17th). So if it was such a huge problem, they may not have issued AIP?

Wonder if I should order GCMS notes again yet??

That is my update for now. I am happy for everyone receiving their AIPs & OWPs and sorry for all of us in the stressful situation. I can't lie though...as happy as I am for everyone who is getting their OWPs it's a bit painful to see right now as we are sort of past due on ours, and I am so upset that we can't give our son the birthday and Christmas that he deserves because of money issues. :( :(
I totally understand your feeling , I have the same problem, they gave me AIP on nov 17th, I got the letter 2 weeks later. But still nothing concerning my OWP. I called them last week and they asked me to wait for 2-3 weeks and call back if after this delay still no news.
I am really depressed and cannot even be happy for my AIP, because it does not help me to go back to work and we really do need that.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
thegorchess said:
That is depressing, because on the spreadsheet it says AIP.
It wasn't an issue before, the original 2013 spreadsheet didn't even have a separate part of the two types of the AIP it was so rare. But sadly it is more common now... I started to change the spreadsheet to reflect this, but it will take some time, which I'll likely have after the weekend.

It helps, if everyone who has now a question mark on the sheet could send me a PM or email to clarify if they have full AIP or just SA. And also, if you would like me to add the exact documents that was requested and if the relationship is marriage or common law, I can do it, just please send a msg.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
My time for a stupid question. This is mostly because I wasn't paying attention in class. Today for the first time in E-cas, months after doing them, it says medical results are received. So I assume someone finally looked at our file and checked the box online to show that. We are near the end of our second waiting period. Now I know there was a Bring Foreward Date on our file this month so my question is: Has anyone else had the medical show up months later and did that indicate the file was close to being processed?

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
Hi my sponsor and i received emails today! He was approved as sponsor but on my end theyre asking for more proof of cohabitation. Aug 23 applicant here

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
filipina311 said:
Hi my sponsor and i received emails today! He was approved as sponsor but on my end theyre asking for more proof of cohabitation. Aug 23 applicant here

So must be a trend now for the proof of relationship thing. I dont mind that however the agony comes again as to when you hear back again as there is no clear consistent communication with cic. I am thinking since these are the Missisauga people who are used to assessing outland apps, dont you think that they are applying their approach to inland? Where sponsorship approval is a distinct stage from the applicant approval? However, even that is the case, it sucks because for outland SA takes a short time while inland takes 16 months already. Just really unfair.
Nonetheless congrats filipina 311. At least you heard something from them.

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
can someone advise me on what i can send them as proof? we dont have docs under both our names since i got here as non pr, so mortgage bank accounts are all only under his name. i plan to submit my babys birth cert idk if that helps

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
filipina311 said:
can someone advise me on what i can send them as proof? we dont have docs under both our names since i got here as non pr, so mortgage bank accounts are all only under his name. i plan to submit my babys birth cert idk if that helps
Send everything you can! Do you have any snail mail, even flyers that have your name and current address? Or anything that shows your address? Also send some pictures of the last 15 months, proof of trips, gifts, etc... You can ask friend and family to write letters about you.

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
filipina311 said:
Congrats Filipina. Did you submit, something like driving licenses of the two of you together? I did submit that, now i am wondering if constitues sufficient proof for them. I also sent a copy of our lease agreement which has both of us on it.

What about cell phone bills showing the address of both of you together?

Blackdisc.

filipina311

Apr 3, 2013
Ok ill look for everything. Thanks guys!!! Almost aip but not quite, atleast i know cic is alive! Lol :)

From my recollection, i have mail from cra for my temporary tax number, my assessment from the law society, my childs birth certificate, cellphone bills•

Thanks sophieee, pictures yes!!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
todare said:
My time for a stupid question. This is mostly because I wasn't paying attention in class. Today for the first time in E-cas, months after doing them, it says medical results are received. So I assume someone finally looked at our file and checked the box online to show that. We are near the end of our second waiting period. Now I know there was a Bring Foreward Date on our file this month so my question is: Has anyone else had the medical show up months later and did that indicate the file was close to being processed?
It's often unrelated to any other processing. Medical information is not maintained in the main CIC computer system, so they have a process of moving just the medical results (a 1-2 digit code) into the immigration file. I get the sense that this is done independent of normal file processing from what I can tell.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
computergeek said:
It's often unrelated to any other processing. Medical information is not maintained in the main CIC computer system, so they have a process of moving just the medical results (a 1-2 digit code) into the immigration file. I get the sense that this is done independent of normal file processing from what I can tell.
It is weird as our second medical was done in June of this year and they had the resulted in july at the latest. Crazzzzzy CIC. no logic.

Lorelei

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
21-05-2013
Ok I have a question :) I am trying to apply for health card (SK health) and there is a question of the date of establishing residency.Do I put date from OWP since I was on implied status fron last oktober?