12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
AchankengCrawford said:
Congrats to my fellow Aug 21st! Hopefully the rest of August gets theirs this week!

My husband went and got his health care today (1 year, temporary) from Alberta Health Services. He needed to show his AIP letter, his ID (passport), and that he lived in Alberta (Lease). He has a number and is getting the card in 5 days. It was very straightforward and easy. He called CIC and they said the OWP should be processed in 2 weeks (from Vergeville). We are so happy and we are cheering all of you on!

Princess029
Filipina311
FTBG

You're next!
Congrats AchankengCrawford!
I got the same letter and tomorrow I'// go to BC Service to get my healthcard, I hope it goes as straight as yours. As per my OWP, I'll call tomorrow and hopefully it is the same timeline as yours :) :)
the AIP letters were posted Nov 17th and arrived today Nov 24th. the OWP probably needs as long to arrive

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
JohnnyP said:
Congrats Frenchwapiti!!! It's weird that you received the AIP via mail instead of email, but as long as you get it, you can't complain. right?

For me, I received the marriage certificate from Registrar office last week and sent it to CPC last Friday with some additional evidence to prove our relationship. Hopefully, we will get the AIP and OWP as soon as possible.

At last, congrats to everyone who recently got the AIPs!!!!!!!!!
I cross my finger for you and send you loads of positive vibes :)

LeBon

May 21, 2013
beholder69 said:
Unfortunately no, as zardoz said, it's considered a brand new, "outland" application, so still no implied status
Thanks for your replies zardoz, Linden & beholder69.

Basically, I have to hope that my AIP and OWP arrive by Feb or that the first round for the 2015 IEC is early enough that I can get it all processed in time. To think, when I received my work permit last February I figured our immigration issues were behind us. At least we're seeing AIPs coming through - congratulations to you all!

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Congrats to everyone that received AIPs this month! :D

Sorry I haven't been around, I was still quite upset about the setback from not realizing we needed to send CSQ months ago. I still blame our lawyer, but hey...we've already spent tons of money on him, there's no use making a fuss about it now. I just needed to distance myself from obsessing over when AIP was coming, since my date came and went and I still haven't received AIP, and there's no telling when I will.

We did receive CSQ last week, and that should have been sent to CIC for us, and hopefully it won't take too long to receive AIP once they have it. Luckily I should probably get both stages approved at once, since they already seem to have been working on my info submitted like medical, police reports, and marriage certificate. Only reason I know that is because they thought our marriage certificate wasn't valid and we had to let them know it was legit. They said it wasn't valid only because they failed to read down the page 4 lines. Way to go, CIC. :p

We've decided to bite the bullet and we're planning to visit my family for Christmas, even though we don't have AIP or OWP. Our lawyer says that with the paperwork we already have, it should be sufficient...I'm just hoping since he's giving us written statements proving there should be no reason to deny me entry back into the country to take with us to show customs, if it doesn't work he won't charge us for extra problems that may come out of it. :p I know it's risky, but we're tired of letting CIC control our lives. Whatever happens, happens. Worst case scenerio, we lose our money, have to resubmit as outland, and I stay back home for a few months. Wouldn't be optimal, but life goes on and sometimes you have to roll with the punches. :)

Hope everyone continues to hear good news this week! :)

Abyssin

Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now in CTD-Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi

Help! Im sending my following document. do i need to send fax, email, or express mail. whic one is better? Thank you
Why did they ask you to send more proofs ? Are you in married ou in common-law ? Did your relationship is less than one year when you sent your application ? I mean, even if you sent all proofs before, they should have a doubt on something and perhaps if you have an idea on, you can send more proofs for that.

To answer you, what did they say to you when they want more proofs : mail (with an address), email (with an email address) or by fax (if they gave you a fax number) ?

Moreover, I think you better send them your proofs by express mail because or by fax (if you don't sent photos). Because, if you sent photo, I don't think they will print them.

I hope you will have your AIP soon Sept 11 2013 :)

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Abyssin said:
Why did they ask you to send more proofs ? Are you in married ou in common-law ? Did your relationship is less than one year when you sent your application ? I mean, even if you sent all proofs before, they should have a doubt on something and perhaps if you have an idea on, you can send more proofs for that.

To answer you, what did they say to you when they want more proofs : mail (with an address), email (with an email address) or by fax (if they gave you a fax number) ?

Moreover, I think you better send them your proofs by express mail because or by fax (if you don't sent photos). Because, if you sent photo, I don't think they will print them.

I hope you will have your AIP soon Sept 11 2013 :)

Hi

They give me email address and fax number.

Abyssin

Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi Abyssin,

We are for 2 yrs and 4 months. If mail how long to get it?

They give me email address and fax number.
Then if you have choice, and if you can do this, send all your documents by fax.
For 2 reasons :
1 - you will have an acknowledgment for each documents you sent; (Just verify the "Ok" on the acknowledgement and be sure that you have the same numbers of documents that those you sent)
2 - They will received it as soon as you send it. It will take less times to treat your document.

Just for your information, if you can, try to put all your informations (yours and your spouses like UCI or F00Number) and put a title to explain what your documents relate.

(Sorry for my english, I try each day to improve myself ;) )
:)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi

Help! Im sending my following document. do i need to send fax, email, or express mail. whic one is better? Thank you
I did all 3, and still got requested to send the same thing again. LOL.

I always go for overkill with CIC, because they don't seem to communicate and share info well.

I would recommend all 3 if you can.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
ACS said:
I did all 3, and still got requested to send the same thing again. LOL.

I always go for overkill with CIC, because they don't seem to communicate and share info well.

I would recommend all 3 if you can.
Agree with ACS! Overkill them with your documents! There's nothing wrong with that :) Goodluck!

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Abyssin said:
Then if you have choice, and if you can do this, send all your documents by fax.
For 2 reasons :
1 - you will have an acknowledgment for each documents you sent; (Just verify the "Ok" on the acknowledgement and be sure that you have the same numbers of documents that those you sent)
2 - They will received it as soon as you send it. It will take less times to treat your document.

Just for your information, if you can, try to put all your informations (yours and your spouses like UCI or F00Number) and put a title to explain what your documents relate.

(Sorry for my english, I try each day to improve myself ;) )
:)

My english poor too lol. Thank you for your help

Abyssin

Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun 3, 2014
Med's Request
Sent with our App.
Med's Done....
Jan 28, 2014
Carlaganda23 said:
Agree with ACS! Overkill them with your documents! There's nothing wrong with that :) Goodluck!
I don't think that will speed the treatment. Perhaps, they will treat this information 3 times including twice for nothing. Perhaps, it will slow the treatment because they will have to check 3 times the same docs.

Mail : will probably in a month and it will be touched by many people before go to the good agent.
Email : will probably in some weeks (especially if it's a generic email)
Fax : will probably in a few days

I don't know but I hope Sept 11 2013 and all of us will have some good news soon :)