+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
sophieee said:
At this point I would send everything that I possibly can. As others said, letters from friends and family, a letter written by you with the story of your relationship, how did it evolve till today and your future plans. More photos, chat logs, anything that can prove the trips and the travelling together... In the letters from friends/family they can write how do they know you and your spouse, the first time they met you, how did they become aware of your relationship, what do they think about you two together, how do they see you and your relationship... A couple of the closest friends and family members from both of your sides would be great.

One more thing: since you have more than two months to send the additional info it might be a good idea to order your notes, there can be something more about why they need more proof and what kind of proof would they need.

Thank you Sophiee! How can I order that note?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Sept 11 2013 said:
Thank you Sophiee! How can I order that note?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.k8ddeqc5qnkx

LeBon

May 21, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have a question related to work permits and implied status. I am an Oct 2 2013 applicant still waiting for AIP. However, I hold a work permit (from IEC) valid until early February 2015. I always assumed I would be in possession of the OWP from my sponsorship by the time my current WP expired (I included the application with our sponsorship). My backup plan was to use the IEC program for a second time, but the application dates for the UK will not be before January.

Based on this information, would I be able to stay at my current job on implied status after Feb if I'm not approved before? I would be interested to hear about the experiences of anyone who was in a similar situation.

Thanks for your help! And here's hoping CIC can push through more AIPs today :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
LeBon said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question related to work permits and implied status. I am an Oct 2 2013 applicant still waiting for AIP. However, I hold a work permit (from IEC) valid until early February 2015. I always assumed I would be in possession of the OWP from my sponsorship by the time my current WP expired (I included the application with our sponsorship). My backup plan was to use the IEC program for a second time, but the application dates for the UK will not be before January.

Based on this information, would I be able to stay at my current job on implied status after Feb if I'm not approved before? I would be interested to hear about the experiences of anyone who was in a similar situation.

Thanks for your help! And here's hoping CIC can push through more AIPs today :)
No. CIC have made it very clear that IEC work permits do not benefit from "implied status" as they cannot be extended, which is a prerequisite for "implied status". If you choose to believe otherwise, it's at your own risk.

post-kt

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
hello everyone ...what status do we have after receiving AIP and OWP? IS IT STILL IMPLIED STATUS ? the reason why iam asking is becoz im answering imm 5257 #7 ...I will apply for re entry visa ..ty ...hope someone can give me an answer....I have been trying to call CIC no success

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 09 2013, CIC says: 21-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 21-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
Here is the paragraph concerning resident status from my AIP letter. Despite the typo (theirs not mine) I think it is clear
that OWP maintains Temp. Resident Status. I welcome other insights as I had the same question.

Your Temporary Resident Status
You must have legal temporary resident status in Canada to remain in the country legally. Having legal temporary residence status means you are in possession of a document issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) which allows you to remain in Canada for the period of time specified in this document. This document may in the form of a visitor extension, work permit, study permit or temporary resident permit.

Although out-of-status spouses and common-law partners may now apply for permanent residence in the Spouse or Common-law Partner In Canada Class, persons without legal immigration status in Canada may be subject to removal proceedings at any time for failing to have or maintain legal immigration status in Canada.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Yes...a bit strange the wording.

If you were out of status, wouldn't the issuing of an OWP then give you full legal status??

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
AIP! AIP! AIP! We got it! Sooooooo happy!!!!!!! My husband called our case processing officer this morning to confirm that she got the fax that she requested. She said they get a lot of faxes and she would check. Two hours later, AIP!!!!!

homeland2014

Aug 14, 2014
Congratulations!! What a great start to the week!

AchankengCrawford said:
AIP! AIP! AIP! We got it! Sooooooo happy!!!!!!! My husband called our case processing officer this morning to confirm that she got the fax that she requested. She said they get a lot of faxes and she would check. Two hours later, AIP!!!!!

Lorelei

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
21-05-2013
AIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Oh,God finaly! I'm shaking and crying in relief! :)

lionhead75

Nov 24, 2014
Hello to everyone, i've been reading lots of your personal experiences and i've appreciated much of the insight. Now it's time for me to share my experience as the sponsor of my spouse, in particular our AIP interview. It has now been 16 months since CIC has received our application. Here is my timeline.

CIC rcvd application to sponsor and OWP on June 28, 2013.
CIC started processing application on July 23, 2013
Email requesting more information rcvd Dated Feb 14, 2014
Information sent to VGV office on two occasions
Email transferred to CIC Montreal rcvd April 11, 2014 (No AIP)
Interview letter rcvd (Dated Oct 28, 2014)
Interview CIC Montreal Nov 06, 2014

As you can see, my wife and i are still waiting on the answer from the Montreal CIC office (6-8 months processing time) following our AIP interview, which went very well. I felt the need to share our interview experience. Upon receiving the interview letter, our stress level/excitement went up a notch as you can imagine. We got together all the documented evidence of our relationship we could in preparation as we knew the interview was to verify the genuineness of it. Armed with more than 60 photographs, banking statements, business contracts, Quebec marriage certificate and certified letters from members of my family, we entered the IO's cubicle around 8:30, right on time. The woman agent was very courteous and proceeded to explain how the interview would work. We started by presenting all the documentation. The IO seemed satisfied with the amount of evidence and told us it would not be necessary to do separate interviews (i perceive this as a good sign). She thus took all the docs with her to scan which took 20 minutes. Upon her return, she only asked us to clarify one thing about our relationship. We proceeded to ask her our own questions which she answered. The IO then told us we demonstrated good faith and that her answer would come by mail 2 weeks later but also mentioned it could be faster.

Needless to say our spirits were lifted following the interview. It has now been 18 days (12 business days) since then and our patience is running thin! No Ecas update and no letter. Obviously it isn't healthy to create expectations on the words of an IO, but we couldn't help it!

Hopefully, our AIP and OWP will arrive by snail mail this week. How long could it possibly take to get all this done after an interview? My mind worries :'(... Does anyone have insight into this?

Good luck to all who have AIP (first stage) interviews!

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
Lorelei said:
AIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Oh,God finaly! I'm shaking and crying in relief! :)
Congrats. I felt exactly the same way.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
AchankengCrawford said:
Congratulations you two! AnchnGkengcrawford and Lorelie :)

impatienthope

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-03-2015
AchankengCrawford said:
CONGRATS!!! To all Aug. 21 AIPS today! YEAH!!!!

Lorelei

Mar 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-09-2013
Med's Done....