Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Guanaquito said:
ACS congrats at least you are getting good news!! keep positive girl
Are you still going to discuss this matter with your MP today?? Let us know what happen.
In fact we all who have been affected should be trying to send messages or get in contact with them so changes can be made.
Hon. Thomas Mulcair's NDP Leader
http://petition.ndp.ca/inland-sponsorship
Email:thomas.mulcair @ parl.gc.ca
Hon. Jin Karygiannis MP Scarborough-Agincourt. He took to the parliament the delays in immigration processing times for family class applications back in 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4BbjbLtpro
Email:jim @ karygiannismp.com
Yes! Definitely still going! Even if we got our DM today (which I KNOW won’t happen) I would STILL go. Because it’s about more than me. It’s about this horribly inhumane and unfair process!!!

Also I requested a letter from our MP in regards to our situation, which I want to send in before we get (or don’t get?!?) DM. They didn’t even mention that part. I’m pretty sure they just saw the word Immigration and didn’t read more, except to ask us to come in and sign the forms so they can have access to our file.

I hope giving the MP right to access the file won’t revoke having myself on the “Use of a Representative” list for our file???

I didn’t get the best impression from this MPs office actually, so depending on how things go, I am going to also approach our previous MP who wrote us a letter for my husband’s Visitor Visa. He is quite significant in the Canada Federal gov't apparently. He was the assistant to the Prime Minister - and had immigration as a responsibility. He was soooo super helpful and nice when we met him. I might send him the letter I wrote anyways.

The letter I wrote which I sent to our MP, and Chris Alexander, and I am still going to be sending to others, like our Mayor, and Justin Trudeau…it includes the link to the petition on change.org, the link to the NDP petition, and not only the link but copied and pasted that article from the former senior member of Immigration that explains very well why OWP should be given with AOR.

SKULE

Nov 17, 2014
ACS said:
I am not 100%, but I would say yes. Particularly since they gave you a specific date they require it by. Med's are valid for 1 year after they have been received. In many cases I believe they just extend the validity date. But since they have requested it and give a date they need it by, I would say yes. You can call CIC to confirm if you want.

Many many thanks, ACS. Which number do you call CPC-M? Or CIC?

Lisan

Jun 2, 2014
shyla36 said:
Yes thats the one. Also, besides that, you have the work permit, that alone is sufficient. You can get a SIN with your work permit in the registry.
He already requested his SIN, but we are still waiting on AB Health care to reply :(

Lisan

Jun 2, 2014
hankbuster said:
As far as I know, Implied status is doesn't work.

In Alberta as long you have a valid visitor record, you can be added under your spouse' health coverage.
When my wife first came, I just took her passport in and got her added to my health coverage. After 6 month I have extended her visitor visa twice and both time went to the registry and re-new her health coverage using the extended visitor visa from CIC. Hope this helps.

I started thinking it is all above who take your application. This inconsistent for sure since I am also adding him to my health coverage with his work permit and his AIP letter. As soon as I get an answer I will update on this so you all know. Thanks for your comment.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
SKULE said:
Many many thanks, ACS. Which number do you call CPC-M? Or CIC?
Call CIC 1-888-242-2100.

You will most likely not get through on the first try. Keep trying as soon as you hang up to get through quicker.

And I often call and ask the same question more than once to verify, it’s amazing how many different answers you can get to the same question at the CIC Call Center. ::) ???

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
On an interesting side note, I found that CIC is hiring Case Processing Agents. If I remember correctly starting Salary around $47,000-ish.

I would TOTALLY apply, except I would assume they wouldn’t consider me since we have a case currently in process, although it doesn’t mention that…

Lisan

Jun 2, 2014
gfdvca said:
I can confirm this. With a valid entry document and an application submitted, even as a "visitor" your spouse can be added to Alberta health care for as long as the stamp in the passport allows. You must do this within 90 days of entering the province. If you extend your visitor record, Alberta health care can be renewed for as long as the visitor record is valid (sometimes a year or more). Alternatively, if your spouse is able leave the country and return, you can also apply for Alberta Health Care again.

If there is a problem with your application for health care after you have submitted your paperwork at the registry, Alberta Health probably WILL NOT contact you. After 2 weeks of hearing nothing, contact Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) by phone (http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/contact-AHCIP.html),

Be prepared to read the Alberta health care insurance act (http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Acts/A20.pdf) and the associated regulations (http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Regs/2006_076.pdf). Read section 5 of the act very carefully.

The agent may tell you why you were denied. If not, ask why.

Now that you have read through the legislation, you know that your spouse is legally eligible for health care. Show them that you know enough about the rules, then they will stop trying to snow you with excuses about how visitors are ineligible. I fought and won, you can too. It will probably save us thousands of dollars when our baby is born next year.

Good luck!
This is great Info. Thanks gfdvca!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Mela said:
I think we've just been the victims of unfortunate bad timing and generally speaking CIC just doesn't give a rip.

They received our app in Vegreville March 2013 (living in Manitoba).
We moved to Saskatchewan(and updated our address) in April 2013
In January, 2014 we called because people who had gotten their applications in the same time as us were getting their AIP and we hadn't heard. That's when they told us they transferred our file to Winnipeg (because they hadn't actually updated our address to Saskatoon) for further processing. We requested that they keep our file in Winnipeg since we didn't want to waste time with another transfer. At this point we assumed they wanted to interview us because we were common law and not married.
In April or May I called again and it turns out that when we got to the top of the pile in Winnipeg they took one look at our file and transferred us to Saskatoon who has an 8-10 month wait time.
So here we are...20 months in because CIC can't get something like an address change right. And we are now married because we got sick of waiting and my husband still doesn't have an open work permit. Rather than getting our PR in 14 months, we haven't even gotten through the first step which they told us would take 8 months.
That's awful! Have you tried to contact your MP? Some of them can be very helpful, and if the MP send an inquire to CIC, they have to answer that.

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
That's awful! Have you tried to contact your MP? Some of them can be very helpful, and if the MP send an inquire to CIC, they have to answer that.
Yes I've contacted my MP as well as every other politician I could think of that might have an impact TWICE already. I even found a part of their policies that I thought proved that they were out of line because they are supposed to use the date that CIC received the file as the lock in date regardless of transfers, but apparently that only applies to outland applications. Love that they built language in to their policies to protect them from having to do a timely job. :p

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
ACS said:
On an interesting side note, I found that CIC is hiring Case Processing Agents. If I remember correctly starting Salary around $47,000-ish.

I would TOTALLY apply, except I would assume they wouldn't consider me since we have a case currently in process, although it doesn't mention that...
How do you know they are hiring? It would be great if they would work on the inland apps...

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
sophieee said:
How do you know they are hiring? It would be great if they would work on the inland apps...
Found it on the government website.
I can't search thru job sites here at work, but I will try to get the link when I am home.
I believe it was an open position, so they can hire from the general pool at anytime they require extra case processors. It said various locations, so it could be Mississauga, Etobicoke....anywhere really.

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
SKULE said:
Do I need to re-do my medical exam?

Here is my story:

Let begin from my ECAS as below.

Permanent Residence
1. We received [MY_NAME]'s application for permanent residence on August 16, 2013.
2. We started processing [MY_NAME]'s application on November 10, 2014.
3. Medical results have been received.

I did my medical exam in august 2013 and submitted with my application. After I received my AIP email on Nov 10, I received another 2 emails with medical form and instructions attached.
The emails look generic to me since it mention nothing about my medical exam is expired. Instead just says CIC expects a medical exam report before 02/10/2015. I am really confused: ECAS already showed that they have received my medical, and why they ask again?

DO I NEED TO RE-DO IT?

Thank you all for the great help in past and in future. Hope everyone's apps go well and get approved soon.

BR

I would call CIC to clarify. It seems like they are requesting a new one because they have a due date for the medical.

When was your PR application received? I see in your post that in your ECAS it shows that medical results were received. I only have the information below in my ECAS and I sent my medical results with my application.

1. We received your application to sponsor -------- on October 22, 2013.

2. We started processing your application on November 21, 2013.

Does anyone NOT have the note on their ECAS that their medical results were received, but sent it with their application?? I hope my medical results were delivered :-[

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
jmarie88 said:
I would call CIC to clarify. It seems like they are requesting a new one because they have a due date for the medical.

When was your PR application received? I see in your post that in your ECAS it shows that medical results were received. I only have the information below in my ECAS and I sent my medical results with my application.

1. We received your application to sponsor -------- on October 22, 2013.

2. We started processing your application on November 21, 2013.

Does anyone NOT have the note on their ECAS that their medical results were received, but sent it with their application?? I hope my medical results were delivered :-[
WE did ours twice. they recieved the first one then requested a second one. Some officers do. Better to do it and over do it than not do it and have it a reason for denial. We have a lawyer who said to redo it.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm

What do you guys think? should my partner redo her medicals?

She got them done 6 months before we applied (they were good for 1 year i believe)
Application received Sept 18th 2013.

Should she redo them? it wasnt cheap -.-

if they do request updated medicals..will they WAIT for the updated medicals before issuing her the OWP???? (owp was sent with app). or will they issue AIP / OWP then request the new medicals as part of the DM requirements