Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
JohnnyP said:
Is your husband starting to look around for a job or does he already have something lined up?
A friend of ours that works nights at a Samsung warehouse, thinks he can get him a spot no problem, but he is otherwise starting his search today.

My husband is also a photographer, but we have been unable to properly advertise him because he can't accept money for any work done. So once we get his OWP, we can start promoting him too! :) Once the photography business is fully up and running he probably wouldn't even need a 2nd job, but for now to pay down debts he will taken something.

He says he's going to find 2-3 jobs to work now, after being unable to for so long, but I think 1 full time position would be enough!! :)

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
if you travel to US and your passport is not from a Visa exempt country, you definitely need a US Visa to enter. Once you are back from US to Canada, show your OWP as well as passport, no need to have visitor visa to enter Canada.

Visa exemption — nationality

190. (1) A foreign national is exempt from the requirement to obtain a temporary resident visa if they

(f) to re-enter Canada following a visit solely to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon, if they
(i) held a study permit or a work permit that was issued before they left Canada on such a visit or were authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a temporary resident, and
(ii) return to Canada by the end of the period initially authorized for their stay or any extension to it;

ACS said:
My husband is not from a Visa exempt Country (Costa Rica), so he would first need to apply for a Visa to go to the US. And as OWP or not, I think as soon as he would leave Canada he would loose his implied status, no?!?

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
ACS said:
A friend of ours that works nights at a Samsung warehouse, thinks he can get him a spot no problem, but he is otherwise starting his search today.

My husband is also a photographer, but we have been unable to properly advertise him because he can't accept money for any work done. So once we get his OWP, we can start promoting him too! :) Once the photography business is fully up and running he probably wouldn't even need a 2nd job, but for now to pay down debts he will taken something.

He says he's going to find 2-3 jobs to work now, after being unable to for so long, but I think 1 full time position would be enough!! :)
Wish him good luck!

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Well, if he is still in implied status, then don't confuse the customs ... if I were you, I would sit tight at home and patiently wait for the OWP.

ACS said:
My husband is not from a Visa exempt Country (Costa Rica), so he would first need to apply for a Visa to go to the US. And as OWP or not, I think as soon as he would leave Canada he would loose his implied status, no?!?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
hshi said:
Well, if he is still in implied status, then don't confuse the customs ... if I were you, I would sit tight at home and patiently wait for the OWP.
He has no plans to go anywhere at the moment.

Well our first vacation we have talked about will be Jamaica :D But that will be until DM. :)

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
hshi,

can you copy the link where you found this information of the visa exemption?

Thank you!!

hshi said:
if you travel to US and your passport is not from a Visa exempt country, you definitely need a US Visa to enter. Once you are back from US to Canada, show your OWP as well as passport, no need to have visitor visa to enter Canada.

Visa exemption — nationality

190. (1) A foreign national is exempt from the requirement to obtain a temporary resident visa if they

(f) to re-enter Canada following a visit solely to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon, if they
(i) held a study permit or a work permit that was issued before they left Canada on such a visit or were authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a temporary resident, and
(ii) return to Canada by the end of the period initially authorized for their stay or any extension to it;

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
google around and you can find plenty of info like this

one of them is below

http://www.uwo.ca/international/iesc/visas/trv/travel_to_usa.html

this one is from Gov. of Canada

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/page-80.html

jmarie88 said:
hshi,

can you copy the link where you found this information of the visa exemption?

Thank you!!

WeCanadoIt

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
While we are on the topic, I could also do with some help.

I am a Sep 16 2013 applicant and have been working away on implied status, since my work permit ran out last Nov.

I will be going home to Ireland for Christmas (flights booked ages ago and have to see my family).

I was just wondering what the process for me is when I come back and what should I have prepared.
I am guessing/hoping I will be given a visitor visa(no more working) at the airport.
Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Thanks in advance.
I really hope i get my OWP before then, but this scenario is starting to look likely.
416 days waiting so far.

rvaburay84

Mar 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 8, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2013
ACS said:
He has no plans to go anywhere at the moment.

Well our first vacation we have talked about will be Jamaica :D But that will be until DM. :)
CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE AIP, ACS !!!!!!!

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
You don't need a visa to enter Canada since you are from Ireland, is this correct? why do you worry?

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/page-80.html

WeCanadoIt said:

I am a Sep 16 2013 applicant and have been working away on implied status, since my work permit ran out last Nov.

I will be going home to Ireland for Christmas (flights booked ages ago and have to see my family).

I was just wondering what the process for me is when I come back and what should I have prepared.
I am guessing/hoping I will be given a visitor visa(no more working) at the airport.

Thanks in advance.
I really hope i get my OWP before then, but this scenario is starting to look likely.
416 days waiting so far.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
WeCanadoIt said:

Thanks in advance.
416 days waiting so far.
I think people will jump to your post and tell you NOT to travel because you worked illegally after your work permit has expired and you don't even have your AIP yet.
CIC suggest people NOT to travel before they get the PR. They cannot guarantee the re-entry. Am I right Ponga? :p :p
It's really up to you to risk it, but if you successfully enter back to Canada after Christmas, please let us know.
If you still decide to go, I believe you will need to bring your marriage certificate and receipt of the payment you made for your PR application. If the officer at the airport let you in, I guess they will probably stamp you for another 6 months.

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
hi Johnnyp, correct me if I am wrong. People from Ireland does not need visa to enter Canada, is this correct?

thx

JohnnyP said:
I think people will jump to your post and tell you NOT to travel because you worked illegally after your work permit has expired and you don't even have your AIP yet.
CIC suggest people NOT to travel before they get the PR. They cannot guarantee the re-entry. Am I right Ponga? :p :p
It's really up to you to risk it, but if you successfully enter back to Canada after Christmas, please let us know.
If you still decide to go, I believe you will need to bring your marriage certificate and receipt of the payment you made for your PR application. If the officer at the airport let you in, I guess they will probably stamp you for another 6 months.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnnyP said:
Why do you say that this person was working illegally? Unless this person had an IEC or (possibly) a PGWP, s/he could have continued working because of the OWP that was sent with the Inland application.

A CoPR would be good enough for a person that is re-entering Canada in a personal vehicle.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
JohnnyP said:
As long as the applicant submitted an OWP with the PR application up front, the applicant can continue working on "implied status" until the OWP decision is made. However the moment the applicant leaves Canada during "implied status", he/she loses status and no longer able to work if allowed back in. I know for a fact that those working past IEC expire date, despite submitting an OWP are working illegally. As for PGWP, it falls under the same rule as IEC, working illegally. However there hasn't been any official statement regarding "implied status" for PGWP under Spousal PR sponsorship. "Implied status" occurs for PGWP under CEC PR process by "bridging". An completely difference process from PR Spousal Sponsorship. So unless CIC makes it official, I reserve my judgment until evidence / documents provided telling me otherwise.

Screech339

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Ponga said:
Why do you say that this person was working illegally? Unless this person had an IEC or (possibly) a PGWP, s/he could have continued working because of teh OWP that was sent with the Inland application.

A CoPR would be good enough for a person that is re-entering Canada in a personal vehicle.
Well, I don't know. I probably have misunderstood his post. I thought he said his work permit has expired and he was still working.
Whether or not he has valid implied status, isn't he in the same situation as all others who don't want to risk travelling abroad before receiving the PR?