12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
JohnnyP said:
I checked the status online and it didn't say anything else but "Received application on Aug 16th".
I can call CIC but I know it's waste of the time because they will basically tell you the same thing I see from the website.
Aug 17th was Saturday last year, so I am just assuming they are "working" on all applications received that week.
I also have a feeling that they might be "stuck" with ACS's application right now. :p :p :p
hihihi, that's what I thought,too and I don't want to waste my time also. fingers cross they will continue working and we'll hear something soon.

I can't wait to go back to work!

good luck everybody!!

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
ACS said:
Lol....Yup...Maybe my Application is making them WORK for their money for a change :p

But you should call since it is now past your date, and at least get them to open an inquiry for you!
I will wait until you hear first.
If someone who applied after us get the AIP, that's when I will call them.

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
ACS said:
Thanks everyone for your kind words.

That's about all the good there is in this situation for now.......... :'( :'( :'(

I NEVER cry in public, and here I am at work and I can't stop. ARRRGGG :mad:
I am sorry but why are you upset they aren't near your date yet? They only do the file for like a day then you get your sponsorship approval. Then another day for AIP. You have people before you still.

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
Wow I can't believe they are working so slowly! I was hoping they would be powering through for you guys by now :( Looks like they don't plan to improve processing times and are only barely maintaining at the 14-15 months! Also no DMs given out by CPC-M since July on the spreadsheet! What are they doing there?! ???

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
todare said:
I am sorry but why are you upset they aren't near your date yet? They only do the file for like a day then you get your sponsorship approval. Then another day for AIP. You have people before you still.
She is next on the spreadsheet.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
todare said:
Maybe ppl who aren't on the forum between the 13th and 14th? ??? I'm an August 14th applicant, and they have been moving up pretty much day for a day. And 2 days ago there were the 12th and 13th approvals. I just was so positive today would be my day. That'll teach me to have faith in the CIC.

On top of that I got my GCMS notes and for a moment thought they were my AIP. Then I opened them to find everything still not started which was like a big punch in the stomach when I thought I might even get AIP on schedule today.

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
ACS said:
Maybe ppl who aren't on the forum between the 13th and 14th? ??? I'm an August 14th applicant, and they have been moving up pretty much day for a day. And 2 days ago there were the 12th and 13th approvals. I just was so positive today would be my day. That'll teach me to have faith in the CIC.

On top of that I got my GCMS notes and for a moment thought they were my AIP. Then I opened them to find everything still not started which was like a big punch in the stomach when I thought I might even get AIP on schedule today.
Oh girl another day!! From the last 2 weeks you are been waiting so bad to hear something.... Your day will come remember you already wait 14 months & 22 days, Maybe just 1 more day. I wish for tomorrow as your big day
Sometimes sounds like you are the person who getting sponsored, not your husband or maybe its just my impresion.

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
Well people Wednesday again!!! And nobody is getting AIP beyond august 17( at least not in this forum)
Looks like the next update it will keep the same.
December applicant!! Looks like this winter again we have to hibernate at home. Hopefully January 2015 bring us good news.
Anyway God bless us in this nightmare.

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
Sowe got AIP a few weeks back and are waiting on my wifes open work permit. Thing is, her closed work permit expires in December. Does she need to leave the company and stop working if we don't get the open work permit in time?

rvaburay84

Mar 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 8, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2013
jayshe25 said:
Received OWP in snail mail few minutes ago.. Valid for 1 yr. I think they based it on expiration of passport.
I received my OWP this morning too !!! it will expire in 3 years :)
But it came with my old passport number. So I think I will have to inform that.

But at least I was able to get my SIN number and open a bank account !!

rvaburay84

Mar 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 8, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2013
ACS said:
Oooh?? Really??
It says it was generated Oct.9th??? I requested on the 7th....
Why would it take them so long to send if really generated Oct.9th though??
Dont worry with the GMCS notes ! they are never updated !
You will receive your AIP soon !!

ckwilson93

Jul 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know if my husband would be able to apply for a drivers learners permit in Alberta? I noticed on the website all it says you need are

"Individuals must be legal residents of Canada and Alberta (Note: To obtain an Alberta driver’s licence or identification card you must provide proof that you are lawfully entitled to live in Canada and that you live in Alberta. And if you are new to the province, you must apply for your Alberta driver’s licence within 90 days of moving here.) "

Would our visitors extension and maybe some immigration documents / proof he has lived here for the past year and a half, help at all? We're December applicants, so really anything, at all, would help our situation. :'(

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
ckwilson93 said:
Does anyone know if my husband would be able to apply for a drivers learners permit in Alberta? I noticed on the website all it says you need are

"Individuals must be legal residents of Canada and Alberta (Note: To obtain an Alberta driver's licence or identification card you must provide proof that you are lawfully entitled to live in Canada and that you live in Alberta. And if you are new to the province, you must apply for your Alberta driver's licence within 90 days of moving here.) "

Would our visitors extension and maybe some immigration documents / proof he has lived here for the past year and a half, help at all? We're December applicants, so really anything, at all, would help our situation. :'(
I tried everything last week and I've been told that I'm not able to get my Alberta license as long as I'm a visitor here but I know somebody on this forum has his Alberta license even he or she is a visitor too! Guess nobody knows exactly how it works :'(

Flames2014

Aug 27, 2014
Yes, you can,just go to the registry and bring a copy of ur marriage certificate(translated if not in english), old drivers licence (if he has), original visa extension and passport, and thats all.. Good luck

ckwilson93 said:

"Individuals must be legal residents of Canada and Alberta (Note: To obtain an Alberta driver's licence or identification card you must provide proof that you are lawfully entitled to live in Canada and that you live in Alberta. And if you are new to the province, you must apply for your Alberta driver's licence within 90 days of moving here.) "