+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linden said:
Really? I was always unsure about that. Do you have a reference for that? I always found it confusing that someone can legally work while being without status.
This is why an OWP that is issued to a person without status has something like `Not a Valid Residency Document' (or similar),

The OWP is based on the AIP...and since an out of status can get AIP, that's the reason why.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
April Fajardo said:
But OWP is a valid status. Even if you are not from a visa free country, OWP lets you go home and come back to Canada.
A permit allows you to stay in the country with a legal status. It does not guarantee reentry (it actually says that at the bottom).

A visa is what permits entry.

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
gfdvca said:
Hi all,

Is there anyone on the forum who knows if an inland applicant with an application pending can apply for an Alberta driver's license without AIP? Is there anyone in any other province who has has success applying for a driver's license without AIP? Right now we are getting by with the FIA International Drivers Permit (obtained abroad), and my spouse is not from one of the countries where the license simply transfers over.
I'm in Alberta, and I was able to get my DL without AIP, but not healthcare, that I had to wait on. To get my DL, I had to show evidence that my application was in process. I can only get it for one year at a time, but it's been okay so far. As soon as I got AIP, I was able to get my healthcare as well.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
AckTivity said:
I'm in Alberta, and I was able to get my DL without ARPA but not healthcare, that I had to wait on. To get my DL, I had to show evidence that my application was in process. I can only get it for one year at a time, but it's been okay so far. As soon as I got AIP, I was able to get my healthcare as well.
So you got your drivers license with a visitor visa? I went to two registry offices today in Alberta and I've been told that I can't get my Alberta drivers license as a visitor , doesn't matter how much proof I have that I've lived here for 19 months now!! Have to wait till I'll get my work permit, so my aip!

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
canadianyogini said:
Did he say any documents to bring? I printed out AOR letter, CSQ, Marriage certificate and receipt from the applications.
He said that they can see everything about me in their system but be prepared is the best thing if you are travelling abroad, so I would definitely bring those documents you've mentioned

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
3september2013 said:
He said that they can see everything about me in their system but be prepared is the best thing if you are travelling abroad, so I would definitely bring those documents you've mentioned
Thank you so much. i will let you know how it goes upon my return!

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
canadianyogini said:
Thank you so much. i will let you know how it goes upon my return!
No problem, have a good trip!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
nismopinoy said:
Can the sponsor leave Canada for vacation?
Yes. There is no reason the sponsor can't leave. Providing you would be back in case of any interviews they request.

luckyson123

Oct 10, 2013
hi guy!
First i want to thank this forum so much , as it has helped me apply for my application last year and as well as keep my frustration on hold while waiting for my PR to be processed. Though I haven't been an active member , I have always read the chats and msgs in this forum which was such a support group for me to keep my sanity as well as keeping me updated and learning a lot . Thank you every one for keeping this forum going on esp the active members who help others like me in many ways.

I do have a question ? As you guys know CIC has changed its inland sponsorship spouses from not have a legal status issue to have having a legal status in Canada to apply through this program. So here is my question . Last year , in Nov when i did apply for my PR my work permit had just expired and so I had applied for a visitor visa , while waiting for the visitor visa I had applied for my PR, but in the Generic application form Box where you have to write if you are out of status or in status and till when, So in that section , i had filled out of status as the guidelines stated that if your status expired, then you need to put out of status. So I did that. After I send my PR application , after two months i did get my visitor permit.

Now Am wondering if the officer will deny my application based on my status at that time of applying? even though I have a visitor permit and was approved of the second visitor extension just recently , will the officer know that I was staying in Canada legally while waiting for my PR application by any chance or do I have to send some kind of proof to show that I wasn't out of status per say but just waiting for my visitor visa when submitting the PR application?

Sorry, guys if I do sound stupid but just wanted some suggestions ?

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
ACS said:
Yes. There is no reason the sponsor can't leave. Providing you would be back in case of any interviews they request.
But I thought the requirement for inland processing is that the sponsor and the spouse are co-habiting over the duration of the processing. Just be cautious how long the sponsor will be gone.

post-kt

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
SS.Kingston said:
I applied for TRV after I received OWP from Stage 1 approval. No problem getting that visa. But that was in March that I applied - may not be as recent. Hope it help.s
when you applied in march for your TRV ...how long did it take before you got the TRV

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
post-kt said:
when you applied in march for your TRV ...how long did it take before you got the TRV
Back in Feb/March, the processing time for TRV was only 2 weeks. If you are to apply now, just use the timeline on their website.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
SS.Kingston said:
But I thought the requirement for inland processing is that the sponsor and the spouse are co-habiting over the duration of the processing. Just be cautious how long the sponsor will be gone.
It's not "not co-habiting" if you are just going on a small vacation. You are still married......

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
AIPs TODAY!!! **PRETTY PLEASE?!? PRETTY PLEASE?!? PRETTY PLEASE?!? PRETTY PLEASE?!?**

impatienthope
Trinityy
ACS (MEEE!!!! OMG OMG OMG)
JohnnyP
PRsoon
elizaanon
frenchwapiti

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question....

How does the CIC normally contact you asking for additional forms or newer Medical/Police Checks as well as sending you the Work Permit after Stage 1 is complete?

The issue is because of the stupid amount of processing times, myself and my partner might be moving around to different locations (still living together) and we cant be forced to live in the same place just because the CIC are taking so long to process...

I can sign onto E-CAS and change my mailing address to my Laywers, so anything they do request will be sent there just in case I miss anything?