+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

yulialake

Oct 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a little confused about leaving Canada for vacation: my PGWP expires in the end of November. I'm a September applicant so obviously I am not going to get my API and OWP before that. But lets say when I get them, do I need to apply for any other type of visas to leave country???? I haven't been home for about 4 years so I'm very eager to go there as soon as I could. For some reason I thought OWP is totally enough to go abroad.

greg10

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
If this processing time will remain like this, we will reach the 24 months waiting time for stage 1, this is appalling:-(

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
gfdvca said:
Thanks jmarie. What do you mean by applying for temporary residency? Did you simply extend your visitor permit here in Canada? Also, were you from one of the countries with a reciprocal licensing agreement? (Listed in the link below)
I'm from the United States and applied for a temporary resident permit (visitor visa.) I did need to show a copy of my marriage license too, but I was required to show proof of a legal status as well which was my temporary resident permit.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
canadianyogini said:
Hi, I'm going to be out of the country for 13 days from November 1st to the States. I'm from Visa exempted country and waiting for AIP since September 2013. I'm traveling with my sponsor/husband. Is there anything I need to bring? Thank you.
Please keep me updated when you're back! I'm on the same boat and an early September 2013 applicant too.
Phoned CBSA today about the risk that they will deny me at the border when I go for a short trip abroad with my sponsor. The nice officer told me that he can't guarantee anyone re-entry in Canada but he told me that everything about me is in their system and if I didn't have a criminal record I should be fine (I'm from a visa exempt country)

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Linden said:
If you want to go on vacation I think you'll be fine but I wouldn't make a habit of leaving the country. My partner and I went on vacation before AIP and had zero problems re-entering. Be prepared to AIP email and OWP. Always have your passport!
What I am wondering Linden is what you fill in on the declaration card when you enter Canada as applicant? The residence address in Canada I think? And what does the applicant answer on the question if you're coming to Canada for visit, work of to live in Canada? Did they ask you anything at the border?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
3september2013 said:
What I am wondering Linden is what you fill in on the declaration card when you enter Canada as applicant? The residence address in Canada I think? And what does the applicant answer on the question if you're coming to Canada for visit, work of to live in Canada? Did they ask you anything at the border?
I think we filled in the declaration for the applicant as if my partner was a resident of Canada. So yes, address in Canada.

The only thing the officer was concerned about was that my partner did not overstay the visa (visitor) she was on at the time.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
yulialake said:
I got a little confused about leaving Canada for vacation: my PGWP expires in the end of November. I'm a September applicant so obviously I am not going to get my API and OWP before that. But lets say when I get them, do I need to apply for any other type of visas to leave country???? I haven't been home for about 4 years so I'm very eager to go there as soon as I could. For some reason I thought OWP is totally enough to go abroad.
Do you require a visa to enter Canada? If you do, don't leave to go anywhere until you have received your DM. An OWP is NOT a travel document, it does not allow re-entry to Canada and it is not a visa.

If you are visa exempt, then you likely won't have too much of a problem leaving and returning. As always though, it is up to the CBSA at the border when you arrive whether they want to let you enter or not.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Alurra71 said:
If you are visa exempt, then you likely won't have too much of a problem leaving and returning. As always though, it is up to the CBSA at the border when you arrive whether they want to let you enter or not.
You're absolutely right it's still a risk without DM or better, pr card!

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
Alurra71 said:
Do you require a visa to enter Canada? If you do, don't leave to go anywhere until you have received your DM. An OWP is NOT a travel document, it does not allow re-entry to Canada and it is not a visa.

You should be able to obtain a TRV once you have the OWP.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Alurra71 said:

But OWP is a valid status. Even if you are not from a visa free country, OWP lets you go home and come back to Canada.

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
April Fajardo said:
But OWP is a valid status. Even if you are not from a visa free country, OWP lets you go home and come back to Canada.
OWP is not a visa and you won't be able to cross the border with only a work permit!

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
3september2013 said:
Please keep me updated when you're back! I'm on the same boat and an early September 2013 applicant too.
Phoned CBSA today about the risk that they will deny me at the border when I go for a short trip abroad with my sponsor. The nice officer told me that he can't guarantee anyone re-entry in Canada but he told me that everything about me is in their system and if I didn't have a criminal record I should be fine (I'm from a visa exempt country)
Did he say any documents to bring? I printed out AOR letter, CSQ, Marriage certificate and receipt from the applications.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
April Fajardo said:
Not always.

For example, a person that was out of status when they applied, but receives OWP after AIP...is still out of status (even though they can now work).
Their status isn't restored until they have their CoPR.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Ponga said:
Not always.

For example, a person that was out of status when they applied, but receives OWP after AIP...is still out of status (even though they can now work).
Their status isn't restored until they have their CoPR.
Really? I was always unsure about that. Do you have a reference for that? I always found it confusing that someone can legally work while being without status.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Can the sponsor leave Canada for vacation?