Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
linxord said:
Someone has a link to this new update from CIC about out of status and applying inland. Because that changes a lot. We've had AIP since January 2014. Hopefully that doesn't change anything for people in the process right now :( as if the process wasn't stressful itself with all the wait. Now there's another factor that can go wrong for us.
I would fight tooth and nail if they tried to change that after we have already applied. I still have copies of the page that says you don’t have to be in status, and I actually sent this page highlighted along with my application, since we were worried about my husband’s Implied Status. We applied for his Visitor Visa extension the day before it expired, and we got confirmation they received it, but no response about the actual extension. So we are sort of unsure about his actual status, therefore I sent a letter explaining this and also the copy of the page with that section highlighted saying that he doesn't have to have legal status.

So if it comes down to it, all of us have proof at the time we applied it was not required.

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fishbone17 said:
Hi! Just wanted to update those concerned, especially those who are waiting for their OWP.

AOR Aug 1, 2013
AIP Oct 14, 2014
OWP Oct 28, 2014 -- true enough I called CIC and the operator said it was sent out Oct 21, counted 4-5 business days since it was sent from AB to BC, and received it today!

Thanks!
Good news, Thanks for sharing!

I am in Toronto (Aug 2 applicant, received AIP on Oct 15) and still waiting to get my work permit. Hopefully will get it this week.

Has anybody recently applied for TRV (sticker on passport) after getting the work permit which is required to travel in/out Canada? I see an electronic submission option, what is that (we don't need to send our pp anymore)?

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
nb2013 said:
Hello Guys

Had a quick query and would really appreciate your responses. I will be sponsoring my common law partner and sending the Inland sponsorship application in Nov 2014. He currently has a Post Graduate Work Permit that will be expiring in Jun 2015.

What are the steps to extend the Work Permit before his current one expires ? Will we need to include an extension of Work permit form along with the Family Class Sponsorship and send to CPC-M or can it be extended later by applying online via the application to extend the stay prior to receiving the initial assessment ? The current processing time for the initial assessment is 13 months.

Thank you very much
Hello,

My common-law partner's pgwp expires Nov 30 2014

We've called the cic 5 times. Each time we call, they say that pgwp's are covered under implied status if you send in a owp.

But i've read on here from a few different people that it is NOT. cic agents dont always know the rules... (scary eh!)

I called the cic and asked for something in writing , all they would send me is an email that detailed what implied status is. They didnt send anything that specifically says "xxxxx is covered under implied status"

Someone on here (about 15 pages back) said that they sent in the change of conditions for work permit form to the CIC AFTER they applied for PR and they got a specific letter stating that they are covered under implied status. My common-law partner did not want to do this because she already sent in her OWP application and she was scared that if she sent in a change of conditions application, the CIC would get confused or screw something up (they'd have 2 apps in the system).... SO.... since her pgwp expires nov 30 and we're sept 18 appicants... she figured she would stop working. (at this rate, she'll be out of work maybe 2 months??? not such a big deal i guess ..cept christmas is gonna suck with so little $)

Me and my better half are 95% sure that you are allowed to work with a pgwp, but she didnt want to risk the 5% chance that it is not. Really though, unless the company he/she works for doesnt gets audited in the next year , and as long as she doesn't leave the country and have to go through Canadian border services ...how would they find out???

Sorry , i wish i could give you a more clear answer but ...alas...one does not exist.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Don't rely on assumptions here.
PGWP is covered under implied status because that was the last legal status of the applicant before applying for extension.
Holiday working visas do not qualify for one reason only: They have a clearly stated 6 month expiration date which cannot be extended (also clearly stated).
There is no 5% chance of her being in trouble.
She is 100% legally safe to work under her implied status. But of course, the choice is yours.

bankerguy said:
Hello,

My common-law partner's pgwp expires Nov 30 2014

We've called the cic 5 times. Each time we call, they say that pgwp's are covered under implied status if you send in a owp.

But i've read on here from a few different people that it is NOT. cic agents dont always know the rules... (scary eh!)

I called the cic and asked for something in writing , all they would send me is an email that detailed what implied status is. They didnt send anything that specifically says "xxxxx is covered under implied status"

Someone on here (about 15 pages back) said that they sent in the change of conditions for work permit form to the CIC AFTER they applied for PR and they got a specific letter stating that they are covered under implied status. My common-law partner did not want to do this because she already sent in her OWP application and she was scared that if she sent in a change of conditions application, the CIC would get confused or screw something up (they'd have 2 apps in the system).... SO.... since her pgwp expires nov 30 and we're sept 18 appicants... she figured she would stop working. (at this rate, she'll be out of work maybe 2 months??? not such a big deal i guess ..cept christmas is gonna suck with so little $)

Me and my better half are 95% sure that you are allowed to work with a pgwp, but she didnt want to risk the 5% chance that it is not. Really though, unless the company he/she works for doesnt gets audited in the next year , and as long as she doesn't leave the country and have to go through Canadian border services ...how would they find out???

Sorry , i wish i could give you a more clear answer but ...alas...one does not exist.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
I see another Aug.9th AIP this morning on the FB group. :D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
azarme09 said:
PGWP is covered under implied status because that was the last legal status of the applicant before applying for extension.
Holiday working visas do not qualify for one reason only: They have a clearly stated 6 month expiration date which cannot be extended (also clearly stated).
She is 100% legally safe to work under her implied status. But of course, the choice is yours.
The problem is that PGWP is not extendable either much like IEC and working holiday visa also stated.

The linking between PGWP to OWP through bridging occurs under CEC PR process. It is a completely difference process from spousal PR sponsorship. So PGWP falls in the grey area of whether it gets "implied status" or not under PR sponsorship with OWP submitted.

So until CIC specifically stated that PGWP can get "implied status" in WRITING through spousal PR sponsorship, I remain silent on the issue. I won't say that PGWP does get "implied status" or will I say that it won't get "implied status".

Screech339

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Aug. 9 2013 applicant received AIP today. SOURCE: facebook group page (SIMRAN ARORA)

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
azarme09 said:
Actually working holiday visas can be valid for up to one year. PGWP also clearly has an expiration date on it as well and you cannot extend past the validity date though I'm not sure if that's clearly stated on the WP itself.

That being said, CIC seems to treat PGWP differently from IEC and never heard of anyone getting in trouble working on implied status with PGWP. Maybe that's because there's bridging WP for PGWP but that's only applicable to economic classes.

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
GS_Stud said:
Good news, Thanks for sharing!

I am in Toronto (Aug 2 applicant, received AIP on Oct 15) and still waiting to get my work permit. Hopefully will get it this week.

Has anybody recently applied for TRV (sticker on passport) after getting the work permit which is required to travel in/out Canada? I see an electronic submission option, what is that (we don't need to send our pp anymore)?
I applied for TRV after I received OWP from Stage 1 approval. No problem getting that visa. But that was in March that I applied - may not be as recent. Hope it help.s

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
linxord said:
Someone has a link to this new update from CIC about out of status and applying inland. Because that changes a lot. We've had AIP since January 2014. Hopefully that doesn't change anything for people in the process right now :( as if the process wasn't stressful itself with all the wait. Now there's another factor that can go wrong for us.
I see that you have an owp already. So that is a legal status for you while your waiting for your DM?
I have a question though, i am getting confused now, so for those who have aip or will have aip but on implied status ( no owp yet), does that mean legal status still with this new discussion posted here?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
shyla36 said:
I see that you have an owp already. So that is a legal status for you while your waiting for your DM?
I have a question though, i am getting confused now, so for those who have aip or will have aip but on implied status ( no owp yet), does that mean legal status still with this new discussion posted here?
If you are on implied status that is legal status.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
ACS said:
I see another Aug.9th AIP this morning on the FB group. :D
Hurry up cic! We want more!

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
todare said:
I am a little confused. If you have AIP and get a TRV you can travel in and out of Canada? Isn't it risky?
Yes. CIC says they don't recommend that you travel outside of Canada. However, many people have done it (as long as you return within a very short period of time), including myself. It hasn't caused any problems in our processing.

But I applied for a one-entry TRV just to show that it is not my intention to frequently leave the country while waiting for DM. I was only gone for 12 days and had no problem getting back into the country.

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Hi' I have my my medical done yesterday (eMedical) how long the immigration will received my medical in that case. Should they received it right away or it will take days?