+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

todare

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
I think we should all protest by standing enmass in front of various CIC offices jumping up and down with our legs crossed like we need to use the bathroom. It is the same feeling with this waiting. It it like the time you are on an airplane and some lady decides to redo all her morning rituals for 1 1/2 hours in the only bathroom on the plane. Yes that feeling.

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
gfdvca said:
Hi all,

Is there anyone on the forum who knows if an inland applicant with an application pending can apply for an Alberta driver's license without AIP? Is there anyone in any other province who has has success applying for a driver's license without AIP? Right now we are getting by with the FIA International Drivers Permit (obtained abroad), and my spouse is not from one of the countries where the license simply transfers over.
I'm currently awaiting AIP and have an Alberta drivers license and Alberta Health Care. I was able to get both because I applied for temporary residency. You need to show the documentation of temporary residency and hand in your old drivers license from your country in order to get one here.

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
What does it mean under eligibility for spouse on gsmc says 1...????

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Hey guys, hope everyone has had a wonderful week, and congrats to all those that have heard good news so far. :)

I just wanted to mention, I know someone was discussing this a few days ago, and I wanted to confirm that when my husband called immigration Quebec about our CSQ, he found out that once we receive our copy of CSQ and since we already have paperwork that the application is in process with CIC, we can go ahead and apply for RAMQ (health card). I know over the past year or so there has been some confusion there, but the person he spoke with definitely said once the CSQ is done we can apply. It will still take 3 months I think, but better than having to wait for landing and then another 3 months!

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
Daizey said:
Hey guys, hope everyone has had a wonderful week, and congrats to all those that have heard good news so far. :)

I just wanted to mention, I know someone was discussing this a few days ago, and I wanted to confirm that when my husband called immigration Quebec about our CSQ, he found out that once we receive our copy of CSQ and since we already have paperwork that the application is in process with CIC, we can go ahead and apply for RAMQ (health card). I know over the past year or so there has been some confusion there, but the person he spoke with definitely said once the CSQ is done we can apply. It will still take 3 months I think, but better than having to wait for landing and then another 3 months!
No only CSQ is not enough to apply for RAMQ, you need to get AIP + CSQ to apply for it. I used to experience with this too but when I went to apply for RAMQ, they need for AIP. Call the RAMQ office first if you want to make sure.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
alexandre1610 said:
No only CSQ is not enough to apply for RAMQ, you need to get AIP + CSQ to apply for it. I used to experience with this too but when I went to apply for RAMQ, they need for AIP. Call the RAMQ office first if you want to make sure.
Okay, well that's probably what my husband was told, he's bad at explaining what is said in a conversation! Still, MUCH better than waiting for landing which is what I was under the impression we had to do before. :p Luckily, that's all CIC needs is our CSQ to give us AIP, so we should get both at about the same time. So if you have AIP and CSQ, you can apply for RAMQ. Confirmed.

post-kt

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Daizey said:

hello Daizey ...when I received my CSQ I called the RAMQ I asked them if I can apply for a health card ...they told me that CSQ is not enough to avail health care ...I needed an AIP with it

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
Daizey said:
Okay, well that's probably what my husband was told, he's bad at explaining what is said in a conversation! Still, MUCH better than waiting for landing which is what I was under the impression we had to do before. :p Luckily, that's all CIC needs is our CSQ to give us AIP, so we should get both at about the same time. So if you have AIP and CSQ, you can apply for RAMQ. Confirmed.
Yes sure, my wife got the RAMQ after getting CSQ and AIP. Better you and your husband go there together in order to apply since they will join your husband RAMQ with yours, thus they might need his RAMQ card :)

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
post-kt said:
hello Daizey ...when I received my CSQ I called the RAMQ I asked them if I can apply for a health card ...they told me that CSQ is not enough to avail health care ...I needed an AIP with it
Yep, AIP and CSQ :)

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
alexandre1610 said:
Yes sure, my wife got the RAMQ after getting CSQ and AIP. Better you and your husband go there together in order to apply since they will join your husband RAMQ with yours, thus they might need his RAMQ card :)
Haha, as if we wouldn't go together anyway! We're pretty much still joined at the hip. :D

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Good morning everyone...

A new day FULL of AIPs?!? I am counting on it!! ;D

Just wondering…for anyone who has rec’d AIPs & DMs, did you ever hear of CIC contacting any of the ppl listed in your application? Like family, employers, people who wrote character reference letters? Just curious.

Partly because: I have a friend who wrote us a character reference letter, we have known each other for about 12 years, but since the time we sent the application in (LAST summer), we have had some serious issues and are no longer good friends, in fact we do not speak at all. I think regardless of our issues she wouldn’t say anything bad to CIC about us if they did contact her, but she is pretty conniving, so it worries me somewhat. Her and her bf are also in quite a lot of our pictures too.

But besides that, was just curious. How closely do they really follow up on all the things we spend hours and hours and days writing out and putting together?!??? It seems like we put so much thought into all the little details, and when it comes down to it, they look at and process the whole application in about 1 day…lol

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
frenchwapiti said:
Hello ACS,
Please stay calm and confident! There is no reason you get that stressed as per today. Be confident in your application you have done it in a truthful manner and have never tried to hide whatever information from CIC in order to make your application look better. Therefore I think you will get your PR, sooner or later, just be consistent and stay confident. I am sure it will all be all right. the process is long and stressfull for the applicants and their family, but you do your best and I cross my fingers for you that in the end it will all be fine, you will see. Keep smiling and stay positive. :) :) :)
Just wanted to thank you for your kind words frenchwapiti! It is appreciated. Fingers crossed for us all! :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Ponga said:
*whew* I was afraid that I was being deemed a villain, by merely offering my "what if...". Glad to hear that it wasn't a total shock to your system!

Regarding the eligibility change; how does that change, encourage a person to remain in Canada illegally? Now those without status can't even be approved for Spousal sponsorship at all. Those that are beyond the 90-day window to apply for Restoration of Status would need to leave Canada and attempt re-entry, or apply Outland from wherever they end up if they can't get back in.
You are never a villain Ponga :) You are one of the most helpful members around!! :)

My thoughts are that with the allowance for out of Status ppl to apply legally, then ppl who are not here legally could then take the step to apply and become legal immigrants. When they change that, ppl who are not here legally will just continue on as they are. It is not the right thing to do, but sometimes ppl run out of options I guess. With the provision for becoming legal despite your current status eliminated, it reduces the opportunity and options for those in that situation.

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Someone has a link to this new update from CIC about out of status and applying inland. Because that changes a lot. We've had AIP since January 2014. Hopefully that doesn't change anything for people in the process right now :( as if the process wasn't stressful itself with all the wait. Now there's another factor that can go wrong for us.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
linxord said:
Someone has a link to this new update from CIC about out of status and applying inland. Because that changes a lot. We've had AIP since January 2014. Hopefully that doesn't change anything for people in the process right now :( as if the process wasn't stressful itself with all the wait. Now there's another factor that can go wrong for us.
The thread is here -> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-legal-status-now-required-for-incanada-spousal-or-commonlaw-sponsorship-t247853.0.html