+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Alurra71 said:
The same type of photos you used when you applied originally. They are not passport photos and will be rejected if you bring passport photos. Just use the same exact specifications you did when you initially filed your application and you'll be fine :D

Congrats, btw :D
To be honest the only photos I had to submit originally were pics of things as proof of my relationship! And the doctor took the pic at the medical exam.

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Ponga said:
Trust me when I say that my intent was never to add to your stress level. I was merely talking out loud about a possible scenario.

If your Inland application is denied, you normally have no right to an appeal. Again, I don't think your situation will be a problem with the sponsorship application, as I was only stating that if an over zealous VO looks at the Visitor Visa application they may try to connect the dots.

The problem with CIC, is their lack of publicizing information and/or changes. A prime example is the update to the Inland (In-Canada Class) Guide, last week, that now states that an applicant must have legal status to be eligible. What does that mean to those without status that applied prior to that update (which is Oct 25th)? Are they now going to be refused, or will CIC do what would be logical and only apply this change to those that applied after Oct 24th? You'd think that an AOR prior to Oct 25, 2014 would protect them, right?
Any other notable changes Ponga?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thegorchess said:
We applied in October last year. My husband does not have legal status. I am going to go crazy if this is not grandfathered. I will make the grandest stink this country has ever seen!!!!!
LOL! I wouldn't panic just yet.

Since the guide was updated on 25 October 2014 (last week), I would certainly hope that anyone that submitted an Inland application and has already received their AOR will in fact be grandfathered.

But...I am not CIC. ;)

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
My common-law partner's post graduate work permit expires November 30th.... Even though the CIC agent told her (on multiple occasians) that she can legally keep working under implied status, her work is reluctant to keep her on board since she will not have a SIN. She works at a school with special need kids so i'm sure her work is really careful as to having what staff on board and being sure they're all documented etc.

My partner was not upset with her work's decision to not keep her on board because she didn't really want to risk working illegally anyways... She's friends with her manager and her manager told her that she'll hire her again no problem once she has her work permit processed... That's the bright side.

The crappy part is.....our income has now been split in half. My income has to support both of us. Thank you CIC for punishing me for falling in love with a citizen from another country :(
I know that's not the the situation...but for whatever its worth... thats how it 'feels'.

Things are going to be super tight come December. It's going to be the worst Christmas ever.

Bright side, 1. she'll have a great job waiting for her when she gets her OWP processed, 2. we're together now, 3. i have a job that CAN support us, 4. We're sept 18th applicants..soooo thats not too far off right??

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
Things are going to be super tight come December. It's going to be the worst Christmas ever.

Bright side, 1. she'll have a great job waiting for her when she gets her OWP processed, 2. we're together now, 3. i have a job that CAN support us, 4. We're sept 18th applicants..soooo thats not too far off right??
I would have thought that the worst Christmas ever, would have been any of those before you met your partner. ;)

Don't let the consumerism/materialistic `vortex', that consumes this day every year, take away the wonderful gift that you each have...in each other.
Take solace in knowing that this is beyond your control and that this too shall pass (and soon).

Who knows...maybe if you go to your local mall and sit on Santa's lap and wish for your partner's PR, he'll pick up his special phone and call CIC!

Hey...it could happen.

Good luck!

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Ponga said:
I would have thought that the worst Christmas ever, would have been any of those before you met your partner. ;)

Don't let the consumerism/materialistic `vortex', that consumes this day every year, take away the wonderful gift that you each have...in each other.
Take solace in knowing that this is beyond your control and that this too shall pass (and soon).

Who knows...maybe if you go to your local mall and sit on Santa's lap and wish for your partner's PR, he'll pick up his special phone and call CIC!

Hey...it could happen.

Good luck!
Naturally i'm quite materialistic. It' s not my most attractive quality but it is what it is....
I'm sure i'll learn a lot during Dec Jan Feb if it takes that long for them to get to Sept 18th

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi all,

Is there anyone on the forum who knows if an inland applicant with an application pending can apply for an Alberta driver's license without AIP? Is there anyone in any other province who has has success applying for a driver's license without AIP? Right now we are getting by with the FIA International Drivers Permit (obtained abroad), and my spouse is not from one of the countries where the license simply transfers over.

fishbone17

Nov 4, 2012
Hi! Just wanted to update those concerned, especially those who are waiting for their OWP.

AOR Aug 1, 2013
AIP Oct 14, 2014
OWP Oct 28, 2014 -- true enough I called CIC and the operator said it was sent out Oct 21, counted 4-5 business days since it was sent from AB to BC, and received it today!

Thanks!

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
fishbone17 said:
Hi! Just wanted to update those concerned, especially those who are waiting for their OWP.

AOR Aug 1, 2013
AIP Oct 14, 2014
OWP Oct 28, 2014 -- true enough I called CIC and the operator said it was sent out Oct 21, counted 4-5 business days since it was sent from AB to BC, and received it today!

Thanks!
Thanks for this. Fishbone, did you also get an owp approval letter after you received your aip? Or did it just come into your mail and just got aip letter?

fishbone17

Nov 4, 2012
shyla36 said:
Thanks for this. Fishbone, did you also get an owp approval letter after you received your aip? Or did it just come into your mail and just got aip letter?
Hi Shyla, when I got AIP, the letter that was emailed contained a statement saying my work permit is being processed. I received the OWP through snail mail today. Hope this answers your question. Thanks.

nb2013

Jul 23, 2013
Hello Guys

Had a quick query and would really appreciate your responses. I will be sponsoring my common law partner and sending the Inland sponsorship application in Nov 2014. He currently has a Post Graduate Work Permit that will be expiring in Jun 2015.

What are the steps to extend the Work Permit before his current one expires ? Will we need to include an extension of Work permit form along with the Family Class Sponsorship and send to CPC-M or can it be extended later by applying online via the application to extend the stay prior to receiving the initial assessment ? The current processing time for the initial assessment is 13 months.

Thank you very much

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
fishbone17 said:
Hi Shyla, when I got AIP, the letter that was emailed contained a statement saying my work permit is being processed. I received the OWP through snail mail today. Hope this answers your question. Thanks.
Oh ok thanks again. Just wanna make sure the logistics of letters when we expect our aip because ive seen some not being able to receive anything regarding owp in process. Congrats again. Hope your DM comes soon.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
nb2013 said:
Hello Guys

Had a quick query and would really appreciate your responses. I will be sponsoring my common law partner and sending the Inland sponsorship application in Nov 2014. He currently has a Post Graduate Work Permit that will be expiring in Jun 2015.

What are the steps to extend the Work Permit before his current one expires ? Will we need to include an extension of Work permit form along with the Family Class Sponsorship and send to CPC-M or can it be extended later by applying online via the application to extend the stay prior to receiving the initial assessment ? The current processing time for the initial assessment is 13 months.

Thank you very much
Depending on what you believe many people on this forum say that you cannot extend a PGWP.

You can include the open work permit form with your application but that only allows your partner to stay in Canada on implied status while the application is processed but technically he can longer work.

What was the length of his work permit and number of years he studied?

Question, have you considered applying outland? Depending on where your partner is from applying outland could be quicker.

Good luck.