+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
post-kt said:
this is what I receive from my e mail today

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of
your stay in Canada.
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application. If you chose to defer
payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. You will not be
granted permanent residence status until this payment is submitted.
If you have not already done so, it is strongly recommended that you pay this fee as soon as
possible. By doing so, it will reduce the processing time of your application. For information on
how to pay this fee, please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp.

IS THIS AIP..... I already did my medical and sent my police check done ...iam wondering if I will have to do it again ... can someone enlighten me ty
It doesn't say anywhere here in this post that you need to do medicals and police records again. Why do you think you have to send it again. Did you get another email after this?

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Linden said:
It doesn't say anywhere here in this post that you need to do medicals and police records again. Why do you think you have to send it again. Did you get another email after this?
This part is probably where they got confused:

"Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

The letter just states that you should be aware that the final decision won't be made until all those requirements are met. It's a generalized statement, a letter sent to every applicant. Even if you have all of those requirements met, you would have received a letter with this very statement. :)

post-kt

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Daizey said:
This part is probably where they got confused:

"Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

The letter just states that you should be aware that the final decision won't be made until all those requirements are met. It's a generalized statement, a letter sent to every applicant. Even if you have all of those requirements met, you would have received a letter with this very statement. :)
yah I got confuse in that paragraph....waiting in limbo for 14 months made me feel like I wanna do things right away for them to process the next stage ....im glad for all your inputs ...

post-kt

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Linden said:
did not get any e mail after this...talk to my hubby and we will pay the right of permanent residence fee. wont send a medical and police clearance

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey All,

I received my AIP on Oct 15 (Aug 2, 2013 applicant) but I am still waiting to receive my OWP. How long does it normally takes?

Should I check with CIC call center if it makes any difference?

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
I got my AIP on Jan 13, and OWP arrived at my house on Jan 23.

Don't worry. Yours should come soon.

GS_Stud said:
Hey All,

I received my AIP on Oct 15 (Aug 2, 2013 applicant) but I am still waiting to receive my OWP. How long does it normally takes?

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Congratz to everyone who got AIP / AIP + DM

Looks like they're working on Aug 8 applicants.

Its moving!! thats a good thing! Website still says processing Aug 2nd applicants so the next website update will most likely be a big one.

fishbone17

Nov 4, 2012
GS_Stud said:
Hey All,

Hey there!

I received AIP on Oct 14 (Aug 1 applicant), called CIC and my OWP was sent out last Tuesday, Oct 21, I should receive it soon and yours has been probably sent out as well.
Kindly keep me posted once you receive yours and likewise, I'll do the same. Thanks!

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S.S. Kingston, Fishbone;

Thanks a lot for the reply and for the great moral support.

I called CIC and the helpful (ok, he was a bit helpful) told me that the Work Permit is issued by Vegerville and not CPC-M.

He said "When CPC-V transferred the file to CPC-M, they would have kept the work permit file and transferred everything else but the work permit will be processed by CPC_V. Also, he got my details and confirmed that my work permit application is "In-Progress" status right now and told me that the current work permit processing time is 56 days so I should expect something in 2 months".

I hope 2 months is inaccurate and just like you both, I might be receiving it today or by next week. Fingers crossed!

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
bankerguy said:

Its moving!! thats a good thing! Website still says processing Aug 2nd applicants so the next website update will most likely be a big one.
For this week new update : august 6,
Next week new update : august 8
Just guessing

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
bankerguy said:

Let's all cross our fingers for the next update. :)

PRsoon

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
The CIC website has been updated. Working on applications received on August 8, 2013 - 14 months (initial assessment)

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
I haven't been around for some time. I was lucky enough to get a great job and have been quite busy.

My status has not changed since the last time I logged in. Still no DM. We now are officially past the 8 months since AIP.

I'm guessing part of the problem is that Los Angeles lost my daughter's medical, I've been dealing with that since August (we sent in her medicals in April). Then they asked for background check and fingerprints after we had been told they weren't needed. They have everything now, but can't seem to put it all together. I'm really hoping that this is the last big holdup. That after LA gets their stuff together (if they ever do), CIC will stamp it and call it good.

Anyone else here have to deal with the LA office? I've heard that they are notorious for losing files. If that's true, that's appalling. If it's a known thing, there should have been steps to fix it. The doctor that sent it in, sent it electronically. How in the heck do you lose an electronic file that has all of the UCI numbers on it, for crying out loud. OH, and you can't even call them, like you can CIC. You have to EMAIL them and then wait a minimum of 28 days. You only get a response if they deem you worthy. And if they don't? No answer for you.

Still extremely frustrated with the process. I know we are super lucky to have received AIP and OWP so that I can finally get to work. But now I'm having to worry about possibly needing an extension for my medical.

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Hi all I posted yesterday with some confusion wheter I received aip or not, confirmed with my wifes email that I do in fact have aip, just another question can someone that also received aip in the last month help me, I included an owp with application, but the letters I received from cic did not say anything about the owp was someone i a similar setuation but still received their owp, in the mail a few weeks later I tried calling cic but their lines is always bussy