10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
greg10 said:
Yeah Johnny P I'm refering to august applicants, hopefully tomorrow we can hear something :)
I know I have to wait for some others, like Daizey and ACS, before getting mine... but I am still checking my e-mail inbox every 5 minutes!!! :-* ::)

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Kae12345 said:
I sent my application in Sept 2013. I realized this August that according to BC MSP medicare protection Act, AIP is not a requirement for a spouse to get on MSP. I sent in a letter & form to add my husband to my MSP on Aug 29, 2014, and just two days ago my husband received his care card. The effective date is September 1, 2014. I believe there is a 3 month waiting period from when you first become eligible, which, according to the Act, would likely have been a while ago.

I believe that the 3 month 'clock' starts when you've been in Canada for at least 6 months, and have applied for sponsorship/permanent residence.
i really would like to lean more about your procedure, because I a in BC also and my husband wanted to add me to his health care , but it was refused. cann you send me a personal message to discuss this closer together? i would very much appreciate your help.

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
hi Frenchwapiti, I recently added my wife to MSP. Did you have the transfer letter sent by CIC saying your case has been transferred to CPC-M

cheers
frenchwapiti said:
i really would like to lean more about your procedure, because I a in BC also and my husband wanted to add me to his health care , but it was refused. cann you send me a personal message to discuss this closer together? i would very much appreciate your help.

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
Hi I would like you to share with us , what did you do to be able to get MSP for your wife.My hubby been trying with no success .Please

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
JohnnyP said:
I know I have to wait for some others, like Daizey and ACS, before getting mine... but I am still checking my e-mail inbox every 5 minutes!!! :-* ::)
OMG...I sure hope sometime soon. But I have a feeling you and many who applied after me will be getting their AIPs and DMs first. We have some extra issues with ours that I am sure will result in a longer processing time. :(

I don't care how long we have to wait for DM though...just an AIP and OWP will suffice for now!!

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
hshi said:
hi Frenchwapiti, I recently added my wife to MSP. Did you have the transfer letter sent by CIC saying your case has been transferred to CPC-M

cheers
yes, I got this letter

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
For any and all who are interested, I have compiled some data on the Spouse in Canada class and comparable immigration streams in several other English speaking countries. Note that although Canada's base fee is neither the cheapest, nor the most expensive, the processing time is far and away the longest. So much for value for your money! As a personal note, given how long this has dragged on, I would gladly pay Australia's fee to put an end to this nightmare! We have certainly given up many times more than this amount by not having a second income in the family. Please feel free to use as you wish:

United Kingdom (Family of a settled person visa):
Fee: 885 GBP ($1593 CAD)
Processing time: 12 weeks
Source:
gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

United States (I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative)
Fee: 420 USD ($468 CAD)
Processing Time: 20 weeks
Sources:
uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/g-1055.pdf
egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Australia (Partner - Sublass 309/100)
Fee: 3085 AUD ($3029 CAD)
Processing Time: 24 weeks
Sources:
immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/fees-charges/visa.aspx
immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/5.0.htm

New Zealand (Resident Visa - Family Stream)
Fee: 1380 USD ($1539 CAD)
Processing Time: 24 to 36 weeks
Sources:
immigration.govt.nz/templates/Custom/OfficesAndFeesPopup.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7bE80D128F-35AF-46C3-AC53-66D21F6A8A48%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fmigrant%2fstream%2flive%2fpartner%2fLinkAdministration%2fToolboxLinks%2fofficeandfeescalculator%2ehtm&NRCACHEHINT=Guest
immigration.govt.nz/branch/aucklandcentralhome/processingtimes/

Ireland (Long Term Residency)
Fee: 500 EUR ($707 CAD)
Processing Time: 24 weeks
Source:
inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Long_Term_Residency

Canada (Spouse in Canada Class)
Fee: $1040 CAD
Processing Time: 61 weeks (Stage 1), 93 weeks (Stage 1 and 2)
Sources:
cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#pay-fee
cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it just a coincidence that the US fee is `420'? 8)

Interesting information. Thanks for posting that.

Kae12345

Aug 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 30, 2013
Jabs 77 said:
Hi I would like you to share with us , what did you do to be able to get MSP for your wife.My hubby been trying with no success .Please
I sent this letter, and I apologize in advance for how long this is. Hopefully it helps.

To whom it may concern;

This is an application to add my spouse to my BC medical services plan.

According to the BC MSP website:

“A spouse or a child of an eligible B.C. resident may also be deemed a resident provided that an application for permanent residence status has been accepted for processing by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), and the application remains active.”

Since my application to sponsor _____ , for permanent residence has been accepted for processing (see screenshot from eCas, as well as the letter received from CIC), and ____’s application for permanent residence has been received, ______ qualifies for coverage.

The Sponsorship and permanent resident application was received on Sept 11, 2013. And processing for sponsorship began on September 30, 2013. The application has been processed for 11 months already, and is still being processed.

Also, according to the Medicare Protection Act (B.C. Reg. 426/97)
Part 2 The following persons are deemed to be residents for the purposes of the definition:
(d) a person who
(i) is a spouse or child of a resident if the person has applied for permanent resident status and as long as the application remains active, and
(ii) meets the criteria under paragraphs (b) and (c) of the definition;

The criteria of (b) and (c) for a resident, also taken from the Medicare Protection Act, section 286, are below.

Part 1 "resident" means a person who
(b) makes his or her home in British Columbia, and
(c) is physically present in British Columbia for
(i) at least 6 months in a calendar year, or
(ii) a shorter prescribed period,
I am a Canadian citizen. _____ is my spouse and has applied for permanent resident status, and the application remains active. ______ also makes his home in British Columbia, in a basement suite we have together at ______ in city, BC, and has been physically present in British Columbia since _______.

Attached with this application are the following supporting documents:

• MSP Account Change application form

• Receipt proving the application fee for permanent resident status has been paid to CIC

• Identity page of ______’s passport

• The CIC e-Client Application Status web site showing the receipt and processing date of the application for permanent resident status.

• A copy of the English side of the letter from CIC, notifying us that ______’s permanent residence application was transferred from Vegreville to Mississauga for processing. This letter is not dated, much to the frustration of myself and many others in the same situation as me. However you will notice that an application number and UCI (Unique Client Identifier) have been applied. We would not have these numbers if the application was not being processed.

• A copy of our Marriage certificate

• A copy of a few pieces of mail sent to _____ at our previous home at ______, proving that he has resided here for over 6 months.

• A copy of _____'s Visitor Visa. We sent the application for the visitor visa with our application for permanent residence and sponsorship, and they processed and approved the visitor visa so that ______ has status while we wait for the long processing period with Canada Immigration.

Please call me at _______ or email me at _________ if you have any questions. I will follow up on this letter in two weeks.

Sincerely,

Kae

marylou

Aug 22, 2010
North York, Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Submitted to Vegreville - Now Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
I read this on Twitter about the alleged shooter in Ottawa yesterday.........

"CTV News has confirmed mother of suspected shooter is Susan Bibeau, Deputy Commissioner of Immigration and Refugee Canada."

This is so very interesting.

PhSVE

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Daizey said:
Hi Daizey, i would like to ask your current ecas status?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
bored_waiting said:
What's a DM?
Decision Made. Approval of Step 2. Meaning "You've MADE IT!" ;)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
marylou said:
I read this on Twitter about the alleged shooter in Ottawa yesterday.........

"CTV News has confirmed mother of suspected shooter is Susan Bibeau, Deputy Commissioner of Immigration and Refugee Canada."

This is so very interesting.
That jumped out at me from the Newspaper this morning too.