Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
GS_Stud said:
Yay....................... one more AIP!

Just received two mails from CIC (Aug 2, 2013 applicant).

My wife (sponser) received an email that she is eligible to be a sponsor (is this AIP?)

I received an email asking me to undergo medical test (I didn't submitted my medical before, will do it asap). Where can I find the clinic in Toronto and what is the cost of medicals and how soon can I get medical test date?

No mention of work permit in any of the emails. When will I receive my work permit? Is this end of stage 1?

wow, I am so happy......

YEAH! Congrats!! Did you apply for a work permit with your application?

greg10

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Hey guys just received my gcms notes, just wondering about sponsorship length? What does it mean it says in my notes that sponsorship length is 36 months? Somebody help :eek: thanks

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
It is so nerve-wracking, being so close to our application date yet not knowing if it'll come to a stand still after August 2nd apps or not. I wish they would move faster! So close, yet potentially sooo far away...

WeCanadoIt

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Immigration Minister Chris Alexander will be hosting a Twitter Q&A tomorrow (Thursday) at 1:15pm EST.
If you have a Twitter account, please participate tomorrow using the hashtag #AskAlexander and raise your concerns about the Inland Sponsorship problem.

Please also use the hashtags #InlandSponsor and #InLimbo so he sees how many of us there are.

If you dont have a Twitter account, they are easy to set up and pretty simple to use.
https://twitter.com/signup

We are getting organized on facebook for anyone who wants to get involved and have our voices heard.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
GS_Stud said:
Yay....................... one more AIP!

Just received two mails from CIC (Aug 2, 2013 applicant).

My wife (sponser) received an email that she is eligible to be a sponsor (is this AIP?)

I received an email asking me to undergo medical test (I didn't submitted my medical before, will do it asap). Where can I find the clinic in Toronto and what is the cost of medicals and how soon can I get medical test date?

No mention of work permit in any of the emails. When will I receive my work permit? Is this end of stage 1?

wow, I am so happy......

YAAAYYYY!!!!! CONGRATS!!! So happy to hear of every new AIP!!!!!!!!! That is GREAT news!! :)

Here is the link to find a doctor in your area for a medical:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks All,

I am really happy!! I was so depressed this morning and then suddenly felt so great after receiving the emails.

I applied for a work permit after receiving my AOR (about a month after I sent my PR app) so hoping to get my work permit soon as well. How long does it takes to receive work permit after AIP?

I have a few questions about medical test and posted them in a separate new thread and would appreciate if anybody can answer them:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/query-medical-test-torontogta-t246602.0.html

- Thanks

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
Brazilian Canadian said:
What letter are you talking about!? I sent it together with PR, and the only letter I received was AOR.
The general letter saying you can continue working on implied status are sent when people apply for OWP without PR, or after AOR.
First I got my AOR then 5 months after i got this letter from Vegreville.
That the letter I am talking but never mind.
j
-----------------------

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
Congrats for those getting AIP Everybody who is beyond 12 month waiting deserve to get AIP & DM at least at the end of October

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Jojo1972 said:
Hello happy belated thanksgiving to all!

my husband just received his letter stating our interview day next week. I will be out of town for 4 days leaving the day before the scheduled interview. Does anyone know anything about rescheduling for a another date? How soon?

thank you
clairefrance had their interview rescheduled, originally they received an appointment for Aug. 9, than they were able to get a new appointment for October 21th. But I'm sure it depends on the landing office.

Could you please tell me when did you receive your DM and what would be your original landing date? I would like to add it to the spreadsheet. Thanks

Jojo1972

Mar 20, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-27-2013
Doc's Request.
AIP: 30-01-2014
Nomination.....
DM: 30-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-05-2013
IELTS Request
OWP: 06-02-2014
Med's Request
06-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Interview........
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
Waiting
sophieee said:
clairefrance had their interview rescheduled, originally they received an appointment for Aug. 9, than they were able to get a new appointment for October 21th. But I'm sure it depends on the landing office.

Could you please tell me when did you receive your DM and what would be your original landing date? I would like to add it to the spreadsheet. Thanks
Hi Sophie, thank you for your reply!

Yes it really does depend on the landing office. I have called the call centre and the agent was going to reschedule for us but really emphasized that the vancouver office and one of the busiest and could take 5 to 6 months to reschedule. i really took that into consideration and therefore making plans to change my travel obligations. this landing interview is priority and comes first. that said, my husband will finally be landing next week!!! I can't believe the time is finally here. I can still remember like it was yesterday being buried in mountains of paperwork while working and going to school full-time!

My husband received his DM on Oct 8 and will be landing Oct 22.

Thank you Sophie

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
greg10 said:
Hey guys just received my gcms notes, just wondering about sponsorship length? What does it mean it says in my notes that sponsorship length is 36 months? Somebody help :eek: thanks
Greg in my own understanding that is the length of your relationship with your partner since you were together.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Princess029 said:
Greg in my own understanding that is the length of your relationship with your partner since you were together.
Isn't 36 months the length of time you are financially responsible for your partner?

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Linden, I don't know. Haha that was only my own understanding. Please explain to Greg. I might be wrong.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
greg10 said:
36 months is the length of financial obligation of your spousal PR sponsorship (3 years). Begins at landing to 3 years after landing.