+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jojo1972 said:
Hello happy belated thanksgiving to all!

my husband just received his letter stating our interview day next week. I will be out of town for 4 days leaving the day before the scheduled interview. Does anyone know anything about rescheduling for a another date? How soon?

thank you
IMHO, the chances of CIC rescheduling your landing appointment are slim, to none. You should consider changing your travel plans.

Jojo1972

Mar 20, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-27-2013
Doc's Request.
AIP: 30-01-2014
Nomination.....
DM: 30-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-05-2013
IELTS Request
OWP: 06-02-2014
Med's Request
06-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Interview........
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
Waiting
Ponga said:
IMHO, the chances of CIC rescheduling your landing appointment are slim, to none. You should consider changing your travel plans.
Thank you for your reply. do you know that as a sure fact? We have been waiting too long for this and it had to be on the date that we are unable. People go out of town often and the letter even prompted to fax them if we are unable to attend the interview. It is impossible for me to change my travel plans. I will reply here if they reschedule our interview. thank you.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Ponga said:
But have you heard of CIC not granting rescheduling requests.

I think the OP should just call CIC and ask. It doesn't hurt to call.

From their website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=786&t=5

It seems 'appointments' can be re-scheduled dont know if that includes landing interviews.

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC website status says they have completed 80% of cases which were submitted before Aug 2 (on Oct 8, 2014).

I am Aug 2 applicant and still waiting. Nothing, and I seriously mean nothing seems good. Calling the call center is a waste of time.

It feels so dark, so terrible, so depressing .....

virk1129

Aug 26, 2014
GS_Stud said:
CIC website status says they have completed 80% of cases which were submitted before Aug 2 (on Oct 8, 2014).

I am Aug 2 applicant and still waiting. Nothing, and I seriously mean nothing seems good. Calling the call center is a waste of time.

It feels so dark, so terrible, so depressing .....

Dnt worry your aip is in the way

WeCanadoIt

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Here is a little website I threw together to try explain our situation. Feel free to share and make suggestions.

http://inlandsponsordelay.weebly.com/

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
WeCanadoIt said:
Here is a little website I threw together to try explain our situation. Feel free to share and make suggestions.

http://inlandsponsordelay.weebly.com/
I think it has good content. However to my guess, it would be much better to add some of the stories.. They might be already published but it won't hurt to put them into your website.
It would also be nice if we all email our MPS this site.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jojo1972 said:
Thank you for your reply. do you know that as a sure fact? We have been waiting too long for this and it had to be on the date that we are unable. People go out of town often and the letter even prompted to fax them if we are unable to attend the interview. It is impossible for me to change my travel plans. I will reply here if they reschedule our interview. thank you.
No, which is why I merely said that "IMHO... "

I've read many other threads that suggest that this is often denied, but by all means give it a try.

Here's one example:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t226502.0.html;msg3280373#msg3280373

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
PRsoon has gotten an official letter from CIC regarding "implied status". Read at bottom of the letter highlighted in red.

Experience Canada (IEC) do not benefit from implied status, unless extending a work permit not initially issued for the time limit authorized by the program.
Thanks!!! I've never seen this letter before, and that's why I think it should be an open statement to everyone on CIC webpage, so ends the doubts.
Just one thing, when the letter say "does not benefit from implied status" it refers only to continue working, or no implied status at all?!

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guanaquito said:
In my case I send the OWP app together with the PR app. As you said that letter is just a general information, as I've never had any kind of work permit before, means nothing just regular information.
I do not see where it says or mention in the letter than people get "Implied Status" or allow to keep working!!
What letter are you talking about!? I sent it together with PR, and the only letter I received was AOR.
The general letter saying you can continue working on implied status are sent when people apply for OWP without PR, or after AOR.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Brazilian Canadian said:
Thanks!!! I've never seen this letter before, and that's why I think it should be an open statement to everyone on CIC webpage, so ends the doubts.
Just one thing, when the letter say "does not benefit from implied status" it refers only to continue working, or no implied status at all?!
It means to say that IEC does not get the benefit of continuing to work under "implied status". You would get "implied status" as a visitor only once the IEC visa expires.

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yay....................... one more AIP!

Just received two mails from CIC (Aug 2, 2013 applicant).

My wife (sponser) received an email that she is eligible to be a sponsor (is this AIP?)

I received an email asking me to undergo medical test (I didn't submitted my medical before, will do it asap). Where can I find the clinic in Toronto and what is the cost of medicals and how soon can I get medical test date?

No mention of work permit in any of the emails. When will I receive my work permit? Is this end of stage 1?

wow, I am so happy......

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
GS_Stud said:
Yay....................... one more AIP!

Just received two mails from CIC (Aug 2, 2013 applicant).

My wife (sponser) received an email that she is eligible to be a sponsor (is this AIP?)

I received an email asking me to undergo medical test (I didn't submitted my medical before, will do it asap). Where can I find the clinic in Toronto and what is the cost of medicals and how soon can I get medical test date?

No mention of work permit in any of the emails. When will I receive my work permit? Is this end of stage 1?

wow, I am so happy......
Congrats! And look at that, right after you were so depressed because you hadn't heard anything! :)

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
WOW!! another AIP!! Congratz GS Stud!!!

Really really happy for you!! this is awesome...

I remember when we didnt have even ONE aip in like a 6 week period...now we've had a bunch..i really hope this keeps going..
Sept 18th doesnt seem so far away :)