13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
I'm so happy for all the people getting AIP and the recent DM.

Congratz to you guys!!

Maybe things will pick up.

does anyone know when they normally update the CIC site? If i remember correctly, wasnt it Friday? if so, maybe we'll get another update this friday!

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
I'm so happy for all the people getting AIP and the recent DM.

Congratz to you guys!!

Maybe things will pick up.

does anyone know when they normally update the CIC site? If i remember correctly, wasnt it Friday? if so, maybe we'll get another update this friday!
The update from Friday, reflecting last Wednesday, is there now, August 2 - 13 months. 1 day of work only, and they insist in 13 months.

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guanaquito said:
I got the same letter back in may, it's mean nothing, we just have to wait until AIP.
Yeah, unfortunately, as they write " you can continue working under the circumstances of the previous permit" opens precedence to say the old permit does not allow you to extend in any way to continue working passed expired date. The letter posted in the forum, is a standard letter that everyone who extend a work visa will receive (not sent with PR appl.) It's exactly the same thing when CIC agents give you a general information. It's unfair though to have people questioned by CBSA about working on implied status with IEC and PGWP when there's no official statement saying it's not allowed, and worse we receive information we can continue working, and if by any change you end up investigated by CBSA you can get in trouble for information obtained by government itself. They need to specify this issues.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Brazilian Canadian said:
Yeah, unfortunately, as they write " you can continue working under the circumstances of the previous permit" opens precedence to say the old permit does not allow you to extend in any way to continue working passed expired date. The letter posted in the forum, is a standard letter that everyone who extend a work visa will receive (not sent with PR appl.) It's exactly the same thing when CIC agents give you a general information. It's unfair though to have people questioned by CBSA about working on implied status with IEC and PGWP when there's no official statement saying it's not allowed, and worse we receive information we can continue working, and if by any change you end up investigated by CBSA you can get in trouble for information obtained by government itself. They need to specify this issues.
There is official statement that IEC does not get "implied status". It's the PGWP that is the problem. It in a grey area since bridging PGWP to OWP falls under the CEC PR process. Not the PR spousal sponsorship. A difference process, different rules.

Screech339

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
There is official statement that IEC does not get "implied status". It's the PGWP that is the problem. It in a grey area since bridging PGWP to OWP falls under the CEC PR process. Not the PR spousal sponsorship. A difference process, different rules.

Screech339
On IEC, besides the program itself being non-extendable, and explicit in the rules before you apply. Is there an official statement open to everyone from CIC to the allowance of work while on implied status with IEC waiting for AIP???

I am asking because when I called CIC about the OWP forms before applying, the agent confirmed I could continue working on IEC, because I was not extending IEC but changing my status, also if you apply for OWP separate from PR, they send a letter saying you can continue to work... I'm not working, but would love to get the right and same information from government letters and call centers. Some say IEC doesn't even grant any implied status, so besides not working, would have to apply for TRV?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Brazilian Canadian said:
On IEC, besides the program itself being non-extendable, and explicit in the rules before you apply. Is there an official statement open to everyone from CIC to the allowance of work while on implied status with IEC waiting for AIP???

I am asking because when I called CIC about the OWP forms before applying, the agent confirmed I could continue working on IEC, because I was not extending IEC but changing my status, also if you apply for OWP separate from PR, they send a letter saying you can continue to work... I'm not working, but would love to get the right and same information from government letters and call centers. Some say IEC doesn't even grant any implied status, so besides not working, would have to apply for TRV?
PRsoon said:
Hey guys, I received this email from CIC that might answer our questions about the implied status for IEC and PGWP.

Note the "*" in the end of the message. It states clearly that international youth exchange programs do not apply for Implied Status.

At the same time, it clearly states that this relates only to international youth exchange programs. That means it does not apply to PGWP. So yes, people with expired PGWP are indeed allowed to continue working under implied status.

------------------------------------------------------------

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Implied Status - Temporary Residents

As a temporary resident (TR), if you send your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada at the latest on the expiry date of your status, you will be considered in status as a TR until a decision is made on the application. This is known as an Implied Status*.

If you hold a work permit or a study permit, you can continue working or studying under the conditions of your previous permit if you have applied to extend your stay in Canada under the same category. However, if you have applied to extend your stay under another category, you must stop working or studying.

If you leave Canada while under implied status, you may be authorized to:

Re-enter Canada as a TR, if the Case Processing Centre (CPC) has not yet made a decision on your application to extend your work permit. Please note that you will not be permitted to work/study until you receive your new permit. You must satisfy the officer at the port of entry (POE) that you have sufficient means of support. This applies if you:
are temporary resident visa (TRV) exempt;
held a valid multiple-entry visa before leaving Canada; or
travelled only to the United States** and/or St.Pierre and Miquelon by the end of the period initially authorized for their stay or any extension to it;
Re-enter Canada as a worker/student, if the officer at the POE determines that your application to extend your work/study permit was approved by the CPC while you were outside Canada;
or
Apply for a new work/study permit at the POE provided you have the right to do so under the Regulations.
For more information on implied status, please consult the Operational Manual - Overseas Processing (OP 11) - Section 24.

* Participants in international youth exchange programs (e.g., Student Work Abroad Program (SWAP), International Experience Canada (IEC) or Working Holiday Program (WHP)) do not benefit from implied status, unless extending a work permit not initially issued for the time limit authorized by the program.

**Including its Territories and Possessions.

------------------------------------------------------------
PRsoon has gotten an official letter from CIC regarding "implied status". Read at bottom of the letter highlighted in red.

Experience Canada (IEC) do not benefit from implied status, unless extending a work permit not initially issued for the time limit authorized by the program.

desktopgold

Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
missasaugua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 4th 2013
AOR Received.
oct 7th 2013

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
pocq said:
DM! DM! DM! DM! DM! DM!

Now just waiting for the interview date for my wife!!

Wohoooo.. my waiting time for Step 2 is about 9 months..
Congratz! Hope mine is only a few days behind.

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
Brazilian Canadian said:
In my case I send the OWP app together with the PR app. As you said that letter is just a general information, as I've never had any kind of work permit before, means nothing just regular information.
I do not see where it says or mention in the letter than people get "Implied Status" or allow to keep working!!

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Brazilian Canadian said:
How would the CBSA even find out that you've worked ? i mean, if you dont cross the border

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bankerguy said:
How would the CBSA even find out that you've worked ? i mean, if you dont cross the border
Someone reports you in retaliation or there is an audit of the company (which could start at the provincial level). There's quite a bit of scrutiny at the moment about the use of TFWs in Canada, so there is greater scrutiny (it was MB that found compliance at Japanese restaurants was ~5% for the TFW program, for example).

virk1129

Aug 26, 2014
Someone enquired from their mp and were informed by the offic that their aug 15 2013 appliction has been processed for the stage one..though the applicant has not recieved the official aip from cic

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
virk1129 said:
Someone enquired from their mp and were informed by the offic that their aug 15 2013 appliction has been processed for the stage one..though the applicant has not recieved the official aip from cic
OMG!!!!!!!! That's awesome!! But why aren't they giving out the ^&*% AIP's as soon as they are ready?!???? :eek: :mad:

Jojo1972

Mar 20, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-27-2013
Doc's Request.
AIP: 30-01-2014
Nomination.....
DM: 30-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-05-2013
IELTS Request
OWP: 06-02-2014
Med's Request
06-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Interview........
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello happy belated thanksgiving to all!

my husband just received his letter stating our interview day next week. I will be out of town for 4 days leaving the day before the scheduled interview. Does anyone know anything about rescheduling for a another date? How soon?

thank you