+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
But they will not issue AOR if the application is not meant to be processed from within Canada. AOR means a file has been created in the system and initial eligibility review has been done.
AOR means that the application has been received and at the very least a cursory glance over the forms, to ensure that the application is complete. It does NOT translate to eligibility review at all, because until the sponsor has been approved, the PR applicant is NOT eligible, right?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
civic said:
But they will not issue AOR if the application is not meant to be processed from within Canada. AOR means a file has been created in the system and initial eligibility review has been done.
The initial eligibility review is not done at AOR stage. It is only an official statement that CIC receive the application at a specific date. They basically make sure all the documents required are in the application, whether or not the sponsor or applicant actually qualify for PR process. If the documents are not there, or incomplete forms (missing signature) they can return the application.

One could submit the most bullsh*t PR application to CIC and get AOR simply because all the documents are there and signed and completed.

Screech339

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
GS_Stud said:
I posted the letter and yes, I was having a PGWP. I received an email roughly 3 months after sending in the application. I think your common-law partner will also receive a similar email (but not sure, please check with CIC).

I am adding the letter here again. The following information is also in the letter but blurred- UCI No, Letter Date, Applicant Name, Address, WP Application Date etc.....

I got the same letter back in may, it's mean nothing, we just have to wait until AIP.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
I noticed on the spreadsheet that nobody (recently, from CPC-M) has gotten DM along with AIP. Did they stop doing this? If so, this means the wait time is even longer, as at least with CPC-V, there was a chance both would be issued simultaneously.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
The letter that GS Stud posted seems to indicate that pgwp PR apps are covered under implied status if they also apply for a change in condition / extension of work permit.

We didnt apply specifically like that..we applied for an OWP ... does that make a difference..?? i dont know... of course the CIC agents dont k now anything...why are they so useless.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
The letter that GS Stud posted seems to indicate that pgwp PR apps are covered under implied status if they also apply for a change in condition / extension of work permit.

We didnt apply specifically like that..we applied for an OWP ... does that make a difference..?? i dont know... of course the CIC agents dont k now anything...why are they so useless.
Well, I would think that by applying for an OWP, you are in fact applying to change the conditions of working, but...this whole PGWP issue is a real grey area, apparently.

pocq

Oct 2, 2013
DM! DM! DM! DM! DM! DM!

Now just waiting for the interview date for my wife!!

Wohoooo.. my waiting time for Step 2 is about 9 months..

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
pocq said:
DM! DM! DM! DM! DM! DM!

Congrats!! :D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
pocq said:
DM! DM! DM! DM! DM! DM!

Congrats.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
pocq said:
DM! DM! DM! DM! DM! DM!

Congrats! :D Happy for you!

anascorse

Oct 6, 2014
bankerguy said:
I have heard of this letter before. Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of your letter??..you can blank out all of your personal information..i just want to read the wording of it, do you know what i mean?
thanks for your input. If i can get a letter explaining about implied status and how she CAN continue to work, then she will probably just keep working and we'll wait for AIP.

IF, we can not get a letter from the cic stating that she is covered under implied status then i will look into the advice from the power below:
bankerguy said:
--------------------------------------------------------

This is what the letter stated: (As I am new, cannot post pictures yet, but if you take the spaces from link below, copy and paste on your browser you will be able to see it.)

i58.tinypic . com / j0vdav.jpg