Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
fishbone17 said:
Happy thanksgiving! I bring good news!
Application Received: August 1, 2013
CIC started processing Application: August 27, 2013

Sponsor Approved: October 14, 2014
Notification that OWP is being processed and eligible to apply for PR: October 14, 2014

Such great news the day after thanksgiving -- more to be thankful for!

Have a great day friends!

YYYYAAAYYY!!!!!!!! :D ;D :D Congrats! That's awesome news ;)

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AchankengCrawford said:
Maybe upload it to an external image host (like imgur) and have the link the in the post?
Thanks, did it and attached the CIC letter image to my last reply.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
bankerguy said:
wow..thanks for speaking up here... Aug 2nd!! wow!~ please let us all know when you get AIP..yes i said when not 'if' :)

you said that 'you must apply for work permit extension as change of condition in canada" Can you PM me the link??

My common-law partner already applied for an OPEN WORK PERMIT when she sent in her PR application... so maybe we cant do as you said?? because then we'll have two work permit apps in the system...
can you please post that letter in here...that would really really help ..i am curious if it addresses you specifically or just outlines definitions like the email they sent me.

also, please confirm, you WERE indeed on a PGWP?
Bankerguy, what the length of your partner's PGWP and how long did she study for?

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
wow..thanks for speaking up here... Aug 2nd!! wow!~ please let us all know when you get AIP..yes i said when not 'if' :)

you said that 'you must apply for work permit extension as change of condition in canada" Can you PM me the link??

My common-law partner already applied for an OPEN WORK PERMIT when she sent in her PR application... so maybe we cant do as you said?? because then we'll have two work permit apps in the system...
can you please post that letter in here...that would really really help ..i am curious if it addresses you specifically or just outlines definitions like the email they sent me.

also, please confirm, you WERE indeed on a PGWP?
I posted the letter and yes, I was having a PGWP. I received an email roughly 3 months after sending in the application. I think your common-law partner will also receive a similar email (but not sure, please check with CIC).

I am adding the letter here again. The following information is also in the letter but blurred- UCI No, Letter Date, Applicant Name, Address, WP Application Date etc.....

atanto

Apr 2, 2013
GS_Stud said:
Hey Friends,

Seems like a lot of early Aug applicant are getting their AIP/OWP today. I am a 2nd Aug applicant and eagerly waiting to get the news. Fingers crossed!

A lot of people asked if I had a PGWP. Yes, I did.

I was an International student and received a PGWP which was about to expire on Dec 2013. I applied for my PR (my wife is a PR and is my sponsor) and submitted a work permit extension request in Sep 2013. I received this letter from CIC on Nov 2013 which states that I have an implied status and can continue to work.

I was a bit panicked after receiving the letter (attached) and checked with my HR and they were absolutely fine after seeing the letter and told me that I can continue to work even after my work permit expires. I have been in implied status for about 10 months now and there were no issues in working legally. Of-course my work permit, my SIN and my OHIP expired but I am still working. I work in a big IT company so I assume if you have this letter from CIC, you will have no issues in working anywhere in Canada as HR is absolutely OK with implied status.

The following information is also in the letter but blurred- UCI No, Letter Date, Applicant Name, Address, WP Application Date etc.....

-----------------------
Hi GS Stud,

Thank you for the letter.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken but it seems to me that the only way to obtain that letter is to apply TWICE for an open work permit?
The first one is with the permanent residence application which gave you the implied status and the second one is an application of an extension afterwards.
After the second one, CIC will send you a letter to explain that you do not need to apply twice because the first one gave you implied status.

Is this accurate?

fy2013

Oct 14, 2014
GS_Stud said:
I posted the letter and yes, I was having a PGWP. I received an email roughly 3 months after sending in the application. I think your common-law partner will also receive a similar email (but not sure, please check with CIC).

I am adding the letter here again. The following information is also in the letter but blurred- UCI No, Letter Date, Applicant Name, Address, WP Application Date etc.....
Hi,

I just wanted to confirm whether you applied for extension after sending in your application or with.

Regards,
F

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atanto said:
Hi GS Stud,

Thank you for the letter.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken but it seems to me that the only way to obtain that letter is to apply TWICE for an open work permit?
The first one is with the permanent residence application which gave you the implied status and the second one is an application of an extension afterwards.
After the second one, CIC will send you a letter to explain that you do not need to apply twice because the first one gave you implied status.

Is this accurate?
I didn't applied for a work permit along with my PR application. I only applied for a work permit/change of status/extension *after* sending my PR application. Only one application my friend.

My consultant suggested that I should apply for an extension/work permit once I receive AOR. So I waited and sent my extension request along with a copy of my AOR after a month of sending my PR application (once I received AOR Letter).

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Linden said:
Bankerguy, what the length of your partner's PGWP and how long did she study for?
She went to high school here... and then studied at university for 4 years.. Her PGWP was for 3 years i believe.

Thanks..i can view the letter now

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
GS_Stud said:
I didn't applied for a work permit along with my PR application. I only applied for a work permit/change of status/extension *after* sending my PR application. Only one application my friend.

My consultant suggested that I should apply for an extension/work permit once I receive AOR. So I waited and sent my extension request along with a copy of my AOR after a month of sending my PR application (once I received AOR Letter).
GS Stud.

First, let me say thanks for sharing your story with us and posting the letter.

In my case, our app was received sept 18th... so really maybe applying like you did wouldn't be best for us for two reasons.
1. We already sent an open work permit app along with our PR app... so sending in the change / extension app would really have two work permits in their system...... I'm scared that this will confuse them.
2. Am I mistaken, but you said that it took 3 months for you to get the letter AFTER applying for the visa extension?? in 3 months we will most likely already have AIP ..since they're working on Aug 2nd apps and our date is sept 18th.

What are your thoughts?

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
fishbone17 said:
Happy thanksgiving! I bring good news!
Application Received: August 1, 2013
CIC started processing Application: August 27, 2013

Sponsor Approved: October 14, 2014
Notification that OWP is being processed and eligible to apply for PR: October 14, 2014

Such great news the day after thanksgiving -- more to be thankful for!

Have a great day friends!
YAY congrats!! Sooo excited for you! What great news to start the week with. :)

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GS_Stud said:

According to the wording of this letter, which states OWP will be issued if application for permanent residence is accepted to be processed from within Canada - that means AOR. AOR is only issued if the application is accepted. AIP is issued AFTER the initial processing is completed.

CIC confuses with their own policies.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
According to the wording of this letter, which states OWP will be issued if application for permanent residence is accepted to be processed from within Canada - that means AOR. AOR is only issued if the application is accepted. AIP is issued AFTER the initial processing is completed.

CIC confuses with their own policies.
Not exactly.

When CIC issues AOR, it is because they have received both parts:

1. Application to Sponsor
2. Application for PR

By CIC saying that OWP will be issued after application for PR is accepted to be processed...they do in fact mean AIP.

Prior to AIP, they have merely `received' the PR application, but have not [technically] `accepted' it, until the sponsor has been approved.

Semantics aside, it is confusing!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Ponga said:
Not exactly.

2. Application for PR

By CIC saying that OWP will be issued after application for PR is accepted to be processed...they do in fact mean AIP.
I was going to say the same thing but Ponga has beaten me to it. :)

Screech339

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Not exactly.

2. Application for PR

Prior to AIP, they have merely `received' the PR application, but have not [technically] `accepted' it, until the sponsor has been approved.

Semantics aside, it is confusing!
But they will not issue AOR if the application is not meant to be processed from within Canada. AOR means a file has been created in the system and initial eligibility review has been done.