+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

ggfish

Oct 13, 2014
Hello everyone,

Great to find this forum. I am an inland applicant.

App received Sept 27 2013.
Heard nothing else except AOR.

I have a question regarding Police Check. My police check was sent with the application. If I remember correctly, I was told the police check only valid for 1 year. So it's expired by now? I am wondering if I need to submit another one. Since now there is some movement after the breakthrough of 30 july 2013, I would like to do another police check before they ask for it if that can reduce the wait time.

But I have read some other people's time line, it's not 100% necessary, some people sent police check with application and never got requested another one even waiting more than 1 year.

I am wondering if anyone knows the probability of being requested another police check due to the first one being more than 1 year old (or whatever valid period the immigration office defines)

Thank you very much

fishbone17

Nov 4, 2012
Happy thanksgiving! I bring good news!
Application Received: August 1, 2013
CIC started processing Application: August 27, 2013

Sponsor Approved: October 14, 2014
Notification that OWP is being processed and eligible to apply for PR: October 14, 2014

Such great news the day after thanksgiving -- more to be thankful for!

Have a great day friends!

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
fishbone17 said:

Notification that OWP is being processed and eligible to apply for PR: October 14, 2014

Thank you fishbone for this wonderful news to start the week. Congratulations to you. Must be great to hear of the news.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
fishbone17 said:

Love seeing this first thing in the morning after a long weekend! Congratulations to you and your family!

PRsoon

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
The CIC website has just been updated to "Working on applications received on August 2, 2013".

There is finally some movement!!!

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
ggfish said:
Hello everyone,

Great to find this forum. I am an inland applicant.

App received Sept 27 2013.
Heard nothing else except AOR.

I have a question regarding Police Check. My police check was sent with the application. If I remember correctly, I was told the police check only valid for 1 year. So it's expired by now? I am wondering if I need to submit another one. Since now there is some movement after the breakthrough of 30 july 2013, I would like to do another police check before they ask for it if that can reduce the wait time.

But I have read some other people's time line, it's not 100% necessary, some people sent police check with application and never got requested another one even waiting more than 1 year.

I am wondering if anyone knows the probability of being requested another police check due to the first one being more than 1 year old (or whatever valid period the immigration office defines)

Thank you very much
You dont need to renew your police clearance.

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
fishbone17 said:

yes!! Congrats! ! Good start of the week! Come on cic, like to see a lot of AIP's this week!

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Friends,

Seems like a lot of early Aug applicant are getting their AIP/OWP today. I am a 2nd Aug applicant and eagerly waiting to get the news. Fingers crossed!

A lot of people asked if I had a PGWP. Yes, I did.

I was an International student and received a PGWP which was about to expire on Dec 2013. I applied for my PR (my wife is a PR and is my sponsor) and submitted a work permit extension request in Sep 2013. I received this letter from CIC on Nov 2013 which states that I have an implied status and can continue to work.

I was a bit panicked after receiving the letter (attached) and checked with my HR and they were absolutely fine after seeing the letter and told me that I can continue to work even after my work permit expires. I have been in implied status for about 10 months now and there were no issues in working legally. Of-course my work permit, my SIN and my OHIP expired but I am still working. I work in a big IT company so I assume if you have this letter from CIC, you will have no issues in working anywhere in Canada as HR is absolutely OK with implied status.

The following information is also in the letter but blurred- UCI No, Letter Date, Applicant Name, Address, WP Application Date etc.....

-----------------------

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
PRsoon said:
The CIC website has just been updated to "Working on applications received on August 2, 2013".

There is finally some movement!!!
Yes finally we got rid off July!

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
GS_Stud said:
Hey Friends,

Seems like a lot of early Aug applicant are getting their AIP/OWP today. I am a 2nd Aug applicant and eagerly waiting to get the news. Fingers crossed!

A lot of people asked if I had a PGWP. Yes, I did.

I was an International student and received a PGWP which was about to expire on Dec 2013. I applied for my PR (my wife is a PR and is my sponsor) and submitted a work permit extension request in Sep 2013. I received this letter from CIC on Nov 2013 which states that I have an implied status and can continue to work.

I was a bit panicked after receiving the letter (attached) and checked with my HR and they were absolutely fine after seeing the letter and told me that I can continue to work even after my work permit expires. I have been in implied status for about 10 months now and there were no issues in working legally. Of-course my work permit, my SIN and my OHIP expired but I am still working. I work in a big IT company so I assume if you have this letter from CIC, you will have no issues in working anywhere in Canada as HR is absolutely OK with implied status.

Query: How can I attach an image here? When I click the image button, it add the img][/img] syntax. How should I add the image/letter from CIC here?
Maybe upload it to an external image host (like imgur) and have the link the in the post?

fy2013

Oct 14, 2014
Hi,

I am new to this forum too, also I've been reading the posts here and I really admire the level of support you guys are providing one another.
we have our application received in mid November 2013.
I am also on a pgwp, I wanted to ask you if you submitted the extension after you've received the confirmation of your application. ie as a separate document. the thing is that the call center agent told me it's not doable this way, however we know they are mostly ignorant.

I appreciate your help.

fishbone17

Nov 4, 2012
AchankengCrawford said:
Love seeing this first thing in the morning after a long weekend! Congratulations to you and your family!
Thanks so much for the congratulations! The past year has been very challenging for me and my spouse, yet I know that by going through this process, it has made us stronger as a couple.

Just a question -- how long does it take to receive the Open Work Permit in the mail after receiving the email notification / AIP? I live in BC, and any replies would be much appreciated.
As always, thanks so much to this helpful forum!

homeland2014

Aug 14, 2014
fishbone17 said:

Congrats!!