Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
americanadians said:
I'm freaking out everyone. SHAKING! I think we just got a decision made!

DECISION MADE!!! DECISION MADE!!! DECISSSSIIIONNNN MAAAAADDDEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Congrats!!

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Alwaysfresh85 said:
Hi Guys,

I have been a silent observer of this forum for quite a while, its the only thing that has been keping me and my wife sane through this whole PR process. Just wanted to share some good news and inform you of where the government is with the processing dates.

We applied in July 2013 (inland) to sponsor my wife, they recieved our application on August 2nd, 2013.
After quite a few agonizing months, i just recieved my Approval for eligibility to sponsor (1st stage i think)?

We are very excited! I know we still have a way's to go, but glad to know the first stage has been completed!

Now im hoping for some help, im not sure what all of these acronyms mean, AOR, AIP, APR etc

Could someone please give me a breakdown?

Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks for sharing the good news! Congrats! !

Wpg123

Oct 11, 2014
Hello everyone!

I have been following this forum for over a year!I am glad I am almost over!

App received June 11, 2013

Aip: February 11, 2014 (Meds requested as well)

Meds submitted: February 21, 2014

Dm: October 8, 2014

Interview (winnipeg) : October 21, 2014 (the letter was dated October 9th and I received it October 10)

I know it can be frustrating not hearing anything for months and I absolutely would like the process to be more consistent, keep positive and you will get there. Thanks for the support even though I have never posted! I read regularly.

I can't wait to be completely done with this process. Sending positive energy to everyone still waiting.

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
Wpg123 said:
Hello everyone!

Interview (winnipeg) : October 21, 2014 (the letter was dated October 9th and I received it October 10)

I know it can be frustrating not hearing anything for months and I absolutely would like the process to be more consistent, keep positive and you will get there. Thanks for the support even though I have never posted! I read regularly.

I can't wait to be completely done with this process. Sending positive energy to everyone still waiting.
Congratulation!!! My AOR is 10 days behind you and my AIP is 15 days before you, but I don't hear yet any thing for DM. Hope to hear it soon.
By the way, the local immigration office contact us for the interview via a letter? or E-mail? or Phone? Thanks you and again happy to hear that great news from you :D

Wpg123

Oct 11, 2014
alexandre1610 said:
Congratulation!!! My AOR is 10 days behind you and my AIP is 15 days before you, but I don't hear yet any thing for DM. Hope to hear it soon.
By the way, the local immigration office contact us for the interview via a letter? or E-mail? or Phone? Thanks you and again happy to hear that great news from you :D
Hello the local office ( winnipeg) contacted me via snail mail. I know I only got dm October 8 and the letter was dated October 9 and I received it October 10. I live a walking distance from the winnipeg office so not surprising I received it a day after it was written. I'm actually quite surprised winnipeg sent out the letter the day after dm.

Also depending on your office they might communicate differently possibly by email. You should be getting yours soon just hang in there.

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
Wpg123 said:
Hello the local office ( winnipeg) contacted me via snail mail. I know I only got dm October 8 and the letter was dated October 9 and I received it October 10. I live a walking distance from the winnipeg office so not surprising I received it a day after it was written. I'm actually quite surprised winnipeg sent out the letter the day after dm.

Also depending on your office they might communicate differently possibly by email. You should be getting yours soon just hang in there.
Thanks you for your reply. I am in Montreal. In the E-cas, they write that they received already my medical exam but since I received the AIP on early Fev 2014, I don't hear anything from them. Hope to hear it soon and get a letter from local office via Canadapost later soon. Thanks you again :D

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Wpg123 said:
Hello everyone!

Wow, congratz.

Got my DM in July 11 and until now I don't have my landing. Ottawa what are you doing????????

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
cmathslu said:
Wow, congratz.

Got my DM in July 11 and until now I don't have my landing. Ottawa what are you doing????????
this is really crazy, it has been so long for you I got my date around the same time as you and should be getting my PR card by this week

The offices are really mess up

Have you called the call center and find out how long this should take ?

This must be so hard for you :(

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
jen1975 said:
this is really crazy, it has been so long for you I got my date around the same time as you and should be getting my PR card by this week

The offices are really mess up

Have you called the call center and find out how long this should take ?

This must be so hard for you :(
It's been so hard for me, it's like you are waiting for nothing. I did call them then they said there's no activity in my application since july 11. That I will call them again on dec 4 if cic-ottawa will not contact me. I even send email to Ottawa in September but the answer is so frustrating that my application is on the timeline of processing and I should not contact them so that there's is no delay on my application... Kind na frustrating... My visitors visa is expiring on Oct 16 and my work permit is not yet being process. I don't know how complicated my application is.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
cmathslu said:
It's been so hard for me, it's like you are waiting for nothing. I did call them then they said there's no activity in my application since july 11. That I will call them again on dec 4 if cic-ottawa will not contact me. I even send email to Ottawa in September but the answer is so frustrating that my application is on the timeline of processing and I should not contact them so that there's is no delay on my application... Kind na frustrating... My visitors visa is expiring on Oct 16 and my work permit is not yet being process. I don't know how complicated my application is.
If you have received AIP and or DM, would it matter if the visitor's visa is expiring? As you have owp with your application.like what is your status at this point, is it still implied? Just wanna be clarified.

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
shyla36 said:
If you have received AIP and or DM, would it matter if the visitor's visa is expiring? As you have owp with your application.like what is your status at this point, is it still implied? Just wanna be clarified.
I did not include my work permit application. After i got my AIP and DM i applied for work permit.

Yes, i will be implied status on Oct 17, but i can't work at the moment I am on visitors visa. Been waiting forever for my work permit to come.

mattb123

Sep 24, 2013
Quick q:

My visitor visa is going to expire this week. Submitted my PR app with OWP app in Oct 2013, which is obviously still processing. When the visitor visa expires, I will be on implied status right? No need to go back to the border and get another?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mattb123 said:
Quick q:

My visitor visa is going to expire this week. Submitted my PR app with OWP app in Oct 2013, which is obviously still processing. When the visitor visa expires, I will be on implied status right? No need to go back to the border and get another?
Correct.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
GS_Stud said:
Hello Helpful_People_Out_There,

I have been observing, silently of-course, this great forum and want to say hello to you all. Patience is one thing that we all have received in abundance thanks to CIC.

Some of you wondered if there is any applicant in the forum who submitted application between Aug 2 and Aug 5 (2013) inland. I am a Aug 2, 2013 applicant and almost at verge of my patience limit. Today is the 435th day from Aug 2, 2013. This means that I have waited for 1 year, 2 months, 9 days and still do not know when I will receive AIP.

I also want to put an end to the ongoing debate and confusion regarding PGWP and Implied Status.

If you have a PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit or in other words an open work permit you receive after graduating), you CAN work legally during the wait period on implied status. You must apply for work permit extension as "change of condition in Canada" and you receive an official letter from CIC (in email, as pdf) that specifically says that you are on implied status and you can continue to work under youe existing work permit conditions.

If anybody want to see the letter, then please reply to this thread and I will post a copy of the official CIC letter after blurring my personal information.

Thanks for all the encouragement and let's hope to hear a lots of good news (AIPs) next week.
*poke* i would LOVE to see this letter :)