+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

greg10

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Hello guys, just wanna ask something regarding the gcms notes, coz I ordered it last sept 9 and it's been 30 days already but I haven't received mine, did you guys get it after 30 days exactly? Thanks

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
flange12 said:
Congrats thats so exciting!!! Theres been a few DMs lately! Looks like Vegreville has been working lately to get them out.
Thank you so much! I was starting to get worried! So much happy!!

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
ACS said:
YAAAYYY!!!!!!! That's awesome!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!! :D :D
Thank you!! I am beyond happy. I can't believe it's almost over!!

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
4 different CIC agents have told me that PGWP do qualify for implied status... but like you said, they dont always know and there are cases where CBSA agents have indicated that expired pgwp holders have worked illegally.

is there a call center for CBSA that i can get clarity on this? It's crazy that no one has come out and officially clarified this.

EDITT*i called CBSA, they said "we dont have our own set of rules, we only follow rules laid down by the CIC... if they said she can work , then she can work.
Hello Helpful_People_Out_There,

I have been observing, silently of-course, this great forum and want to say hello to you all. Patience is one thing that we all have received in abundance thanks to CIC.

Some of you wondered if there is any applicant in the forum who submitted application between Aug 2 and Aug 5 (2013) inland. I am a Aug 2, 2013 applicant and almost at verge of my patience limit. Today is the 435th day from Aug 2, 2013. This means that I have waited for 1 year, 2 months, 9 days and still do not know when I will receive AIP.

I also want to put an end to the ongoing debate and confusion regarding PGWP and Implied Status.

If you have a PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit or in other words an open work permit you receive after graduating), you CAN work legally during the wait period on implied status. You must apply for work permit extension as "change of condition in Canada" and you receive an official letter from CIC (in email, as pdf) that specifically says that you are on implied status and you can continue to work under youe existing work permit conditions.

If anybody want to see the letter, then please reply to this thread and I will post a copy of the official CIC letter after blurring my personal information.

Thanks for all the encouragement and let's hope to hear a lots of good news (AIPs) next week.

pookieee

Aug 24, 2014
greg10 said:
Hello guys, just wanna ask something regarding the gcms notes, coz I ordered it last sept 9 and it's been 30 days already but I haven't received mine, did you guys get it after 30 days exactly? Thanks

I ordered my GCMS notes on Sep. 8th and received on this Wednesday. You will receive it sooner than later.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
GS_Stud said:

I have been observing, silently of-course, this great forum and want to say hello to you all. Patience is one thing that we all have received in abundance thanks to CIC.

Some of you wondered if there is any applicant in the forum who submitted application between Aug 2 and Aug 5 (2013) inland. I am a Aug 2, 2013 applicant and almost at verge of my patience limit. Today is the 435th day from Aug 2, 2013. This means that I have waited for 1 year, 2 months, 9 days and still do not know when I will receive AIP.

I also want to put an end to the ongoing debate and confusion regarding PGWP and Implied Status.

If you have a PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit or in other words an open work permit you receive after graduating), you CAN work legally during the wait period on implied status. You must apply for work permit extension as "change of condition in Canada" and you receive an official letter from CIC (in email, as pdf) that specifically says that you are on implied status and you can continue to work under youe existing work permit conditions.

If anybody want to see the letter, then please reply to this thread and I will post a copy of the official CIC letter after blurring my personal information.

Thanks for all the encouragement and let's hope to hear a lots of good news (AIPs) next week.
wow..thanks for speaking up here... Aug 2nd!! wow!~ please let us all know when you get AIP..yes i said when not 'if' :)

you said that 'you must apply for work permit extension as change of condition in canada" Can you PM me the link??

My common-law partner already applied for an OPEN WORK PERMIT when she sent in her PR application... so maybe we cant do as you said?? because then we'll have two work permit apps in the system...
can you please post that letter in here...that would really really help ..i am curious if it addresses you specifically or just outlines definitions like the email they sent me.

also, please confirm, you WERE indeed on a PGWP?

Alwaysfresh85

Jun 3, 2013
Hi Guys,

I have been a silent observer of this forum for quite a while, its the only thing that has been keping me and my wife sane through this whole PR process. Just wanted to share some good news and inform you of where the government is with the processing dates.

We applied in July 2013 (inland) to sponsor my wife, they recieved our application on August 2nd, 2013.
After quite a few agonizing months, i just recieved my Approval for eligibility to sponsor (1st stage i think)?

We are very excited! I know we still have a way's to go, but glad to know the first stage has been completed!

Now im hoping for some help, im not sure what all of these acronyms mean, AOR, AIP, APR etc

Could someone please give me a breakdown?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Alwaysfresh85 said:
Hi Guys,

I have been a silent observer of this forum for quite a while, its the only thing that has been keping me and my wife sane through this whole PR process. Just wanted to share some good news and inform you of where the government is with the processing dates.

We applied in July 2013 (inland) to sponsor my wife, they recieved our application on August 2nd, 2013.
After quite a few agonizing months, i just recieved my Approval for eligibility to sponsor (1st stage i think)?

We are very excited! I know we still have a way's to go, but glad to know the first stage has been completed!

Now im hoping for some help, im not sure what all of these acronyms mean, AOR, AIP, APR etc

Happy Thanksgiving!
YAY congrats! :D AOR was the date that they sent you formal communication that they have received your file and it's in their system (Acknowledgement of Receipt). When you check eCAS (online status check) it's the second date, after telling you when they received your file. AIP means Approval in Principal, which essentially means you've been approved as a sponsor and 1st stage is complete. Not sure what APR is. OWP is open work permit, DM is Decision Made and that's when your second stage is done and you then await your landing date at a local office.

So great to see someone get AIP today! It's a great thing to see to lead us into Thanksgiving weekend. :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Alwaysfresh85 said:
Hi Guys,

Happy Thanksgiving!
Congrats!:) So good to see the progress!:)
I've added you to the spreadsheet, please let me know if I can include anything else.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Alwaysfresh85 said:
Hi Guys,

Happy Thanksgiving!
Congrats!!!! Another great news!

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
4 different CIC agents have told me that PGWP do qualify for implied status... but like you said, they dont always know and there are cases where CBSA agents have indicated that expired pgwp holders have worked illegally.

is there a call center for CBSA that i can get clarity on this? It's crazy that no one has come out and officially clarified this.

EDITT*i called CBSA, they said "we dont have our own set of rules, we only follow rules laid down by the CIC... if they said she can work , then she can work.
In my case it's IEC, and that's why I said some people continue working and some don't,, but it's clear they don't have an official response in this matter. CBSA says you still in fault in case it's illegal, even if the agents from CIC said you can continue working. It's a shame it's not clear because a lot of people, including me, would not have to stop working while waiting for AIP out of fear of being illegal, which we don't really know for sure. Those visas, while is unclear you can continue working, gives you implied legal status anyway. The only matter is the possibility of continue working. I wish they would release an official note, explaining if all types of work visas would be legal to continue working, then we would have legal material to show. The OWP we send with the application is a request to extend or change status. So only people who already have OWP are asking to extend, all other are asking to change status. Some people send the extension of visa apart from the PR application, which they open and send you a letter, but in case it's denied, you out of implied status before AIP. And non-extendable visas will be denied. Maybe PGWP is different from IEC in this matter.

atanto

Apr 2, 2013
GS_Stud said:

i also would like to see what the letter look like. Please and thank you.