civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daizey said:
That is super confusing...I don't blame you for being confused! Sounds like stage 1 has been approved but they're waiting to give you AIP and DM at the same time. Which is also funny, because they're saying it's not marked as AIP, but that you can apply for a work permit, and you can't apply for OWP until after AIP is given. Seems we all stay a bit confused on what actually happens with the process, and the call center doesn't help matters sometimes, lol.
So why are we paying extra $150 for OWP if AIP is no longer a norm in the future?

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
civic said:
So why are we paying extra $150 for OWP if AIP is no longer a norm in the future?
I often wonder this same thing. The whole reason most of us chose to file inland was to be able to work. Now that stage one is taking sooo long, and AIP is given very close to landing dates (at least it used to be close, I know now people are having to wait longer for DMs), we shouldn't have paid for the OWP in the first place. I guess the only thing worth it is the implied status that it gives you if you weren't already legally staying here.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Can any one give any update about the processing time of CIC Inland Sponsorship application. According to site it will take 13 months to reach first stage approval but they still processing 31 july 2013 application from last few months.
Any one got any first stage approval can share his processing time to reach at this stage. You information highly appreciated.

Thanks

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
amjad3126 said:
Can any one give any update about the processing time of CIC Inland Sponsorship application. According to site it will take 13 months to reach first stage approval but they still processing 31 july 2013 application from last few months.
Any one got any first stage approval can share his processing time to reach at this stage. You information highly appreciated.

Thanks
Sophieee has been kind enough to keep track of all the processing dates and the time frames of each of the members of this forum on a google document. It has all the people that have chosen to give their information on there, hopefully that will help!

Google doc here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArK2RVjQ5v59dFlqaGRPN3JxaGY4Nk9ucTZxV1Z0NEE&usp=sharing#gid=0

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
civic said:
That's a very good question.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
So you get implied status. Which is better than paying $150 for status extension every 6 months until the PR card comes through.

civic said:

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
azarme09 said:
So you get implied status. Which is better than paying $150 for status extension every 6 months until the PR card comes through.
This is very true!

pocq

Oct 2, 2013
Hi Guys,

Finally after I talked with the Call Center yesterday, (i just complained and the call center guy just said.. please wait.. it should come soon),
my wife got an email from CIC and told my wife that the process is completed and they will contact her about the interview.

I guess the end of our waiting is almost done :)

Thanks everyone for the support

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
As you can see, my old habit is back... come in here and refresh every 5 minutes.. :p :p ::) ???

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
JohnnyP said:
As you can see, my old habit is back... come in here and refresh every 5 minutes.. :p :p ::) ???
Haha, mine too! ;D

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
kismetfatum said:
Hi everyone, great news! I have received AIP!!! Yeeeeesssss!! Finally! I need to do my police certificate from Mexico so will have to wait for PR but at least it's moving and my OWP should come shortly! ;) let's not lose hope, they are finally working!
Has your ecas been updated?

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
so me and my common-law partner called the CIC this morning since her Post Grad Work Permit is expiring soon and a few people on here said they got letters from the CIC regarding implied status.

The agent was a little rude... she said "we dont issue such letters" (lie) "but i will send you an email...print it out and she can show it to her work so that she can keep working while you wait for AIP"

then i said " if this letter isnt enough what can she do??? her sin is technically like expired"

then the cic agent said "she can call service canada and request that they extend her SIN"

Has anyone heard of this before?? is it possible??

here is the short email she sent my common law partner

Please do not reply to this email.

Name: Ms. pretty lady
Date: 2014-10-09

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Holder of expired work permit - Implied status

You can work in Canada without a work permit if you applied for a new work permit before your most recent work permit expired.

Please note that you can continue working under the conditions of the expired work permit (e.g. for the same employer), until a decision is made. This is called implied status. Once the decision is made, you will either have to leave Canada or you will be able to stay in Canada as a worker.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
so me and my common-law partner called the CIC this morning since her Post Grad Work Permit is expiring soon and a few people on here said they got letters from the CIC regarding implied status.

The agent was a little rude... she said "we dont issue such letters" (lie) "but i will send you an email...print it out and she can show it to her work so that she can keep working while you wait for AIP"

then i said " if this letter isnt enough what can she do??? her sin is technically like expired"

then the cic agent said "she can call service canada and request that they extend her SIN"

Has anyone heard of this before?? is it possible??

here is the short email she sent my common law partner

Please do not reply to this email.

Name: Ms. pretty lady
Date: 2014-10-09

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Holder of expired work permit - Implied status

You can work in Canada without a work permit if you applied for a new work permit before your most recent work permit expired.

Please note that you can continue working under the conditions of the expired work permit (e.g. for the same employer), until a decision is made. This is called implied status. Once the decision is made, you will either have to leave Canada or you will be able to stay in Canada as a worker.
I can't answer your question, but would strongly suggest printing out the email showing the message header information (to prove that it was sent from an official CIC server). Otherwise, if you ever need this for proof, someone could argue that it was typed/printed by you or your partner.

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Daizey said:
Yeah, apparently that's what the automated message on the CIC line is saying now...I'm just hoping that means we'll hear news soon! :)
Daizey, which number did you call to find this info? And do you know which numbers to press to get through the prompts?

Thanks!