Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Guanaquito said:
Felicidades por su cumpleaños Compartimos el mismo dia!!
Today its my birthday too! At this time I was expecting already to have AIP and been able to go back to work but anyway we are going through this just once, hope for the best keep possitive everybody.
Definitely I will enjoy my day, take a glass of wine and go out for supper with my partner
I want to thank everyone on here for the birthday wishes. :) I had a great one regardless of this situation we are stuck in!

Was also happy to see the beginning of some movement, and I am hoping a lot more in the weeks to come. This has GOT to be the start of something good! :)

Felize cumpleanos tambien Guanaquito! :) I hope you enjoyed your day as I did!

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Do you know what would make me happy? (Besides AIP/DM NOW and a sweet lottery win)? Just being able to get an actual bit of help from the call centre. The website tells you to contact if they are beyond the time limit. And when you do, you get either no help or you get dofferent answers from different agents. Can't we just get a little consistency?

woodyc

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
18-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
24-02-2015
americanadians said:
So we're nearing the 8 month mark on the 2nd stage of our application (medical were done in March, so I'm counting 8 months from when they received them which was also in March). I'm getting nervous that we haven't heard anything. Judging by the google chart thing there are peopl who applied after us who already have DM. AGHHH I just want this to be over so all this wondering and worrying can stop. Does it really make it THAT much faster if you sent in your meds WITH the app? We didn't have that option. I wish we had! Anyone else who applied around May 2013 twiddling their thumbs and hoping any day now?
I'm nearing 8 months on 2nd stage on our app too so once Oct 17 rolls around I can call them. But I know that the call centre will just tell me to call back in a week or a month so not holding my breath thats for sure. I heard of people calling up asking about their app when it's been over the 2 stage processing time & been told by the agents to call back if they haven't heard anything by Christmas which is ridiculous.

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
So I called the call center and they said the sponsor is approved. They are now working on my part of the first stage and we should hear any minute now. As for the second stage it has been marked for the beginning of 2015!!! So it seems that they will get rid of july 30th after all #fingerscrossed#.

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
ortom said:
So I called the call center and they said the sponsor is approved. They are now working on my part of the first stage and we should hear any minute now. As for the second stage it has been marked for the beginning of 2015!!! So it seems that they will get rid of july 30th after all #fingerscrossed#.
Let's hope so! Congrats.

pookieee

Aug 24, 2014
Hello all,

My status in Canada has been changed from visitor to student (New study permit) while in process of PR.. Should I report this status change to CPC-Mississauga? Can anybody help?? Thank you in advance!! :)

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Ok,
So according to the spreadsheet, we are waiting on July AIP's for

kismetfatum
emmisocks
fishbone17

Are the three of you around on the forum still?
I'm eagerly waiting for July to be done.
My app was rec by CIC on 23rd Sept 2013.
Let us know as soon as you hear anything!

Nov.2013

Oct 6, 2014
So it's finally happened! We're past the never-ending July 30th date. CIC updated the website today to July 31st, 2013 for inland apps.

What's (not) so surprising is the drop from 55 days to 41 days for outland. Hopefully we'll see a lot of progress this month.

On another note, I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience: my partner (applicant) is leaving his job. Should we inform CIC of this change? And would it be best to redo the work experience page from the application or a letter/phone call will suffice? I will call later and post back the answer I get, but any advice would be appreciated! Thanks everyone.

MYERSATOR

Oct 6, 2014
Hi Everyone,

have been reading this thread for quite a few months now! thanks for supporting each other, myself including.

I've been waiting for any change in processing status for my partner for months. All paperwork received by CIC in Alberta on September 19th, 2013. Got an AOR on December 30th, 2013. In Feb got a letter through post that the file was transfered to Mississauga and that was last time I heard from them. Status has been the same ever since. it says for my sponsorhip part "We started processing your sponsorship application on Dec 30, 2013". For PR part "We received your partner's application on September 19, 2013".

Very frustrating that CIC has no accountability and do whatever they choose putting so many lives on hold. The more I think about it the more pissed off I get, as many of you are too..

MYERSATOR

Oct 6, 2014
Nov.2013 said:
So it's finally happened! We're past the never-ending July 30th date. CIC updated the website today to July 31st, 2013 for inland apps.

What's (not) so surprising is the drop from 55 days to 41 days for outland. Hopefully we'll see a lot of progress this month.

On another note, I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience: my partner (applicant) is leaving his job. Should we inform CIC of this change? And would it be best to redo the work experience page from the application or a letter/phone call will suffice? I will call later and post back the answer I get, but any advice would be appreciated! Thanks everyone.
I had the same question before when switched the job. I called the call centre and they literally said "this change has no bearing in the decision making process".. So the answer would be - you don't have to tell them of this change.

Hope this helps!

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
Nov.2013 said:

Exciting! Hopefully it doesn't take them two months to move to Aug 1st! Also, it still says 13 months, but July 31st was more than 14 months ago.

SS.Kingston

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
13-01-2014 (AIP)
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
17-10-2014 (Decision Made)
Question, when you finish the interview, what paper work/form does CIC issue to you?

Does anybody know what is form IMM 5292?

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Audjgal said:
Ok,
So according to the spreadsheet, we are waiting on July AIP's for

kismetfatum
emmisocks
fishbone17

Are the three of you around on the forum still?
I'm eagerly waiting for July to be done.
My app was rec by CIC on 23rd Sept 2013.
Let us know as soon as you hear anything!
Hi! Haven't heard anything yet! I'll post something as soon as I hear! I will call the call centr later today and ask! Good luck to us!

Nov.2013

Oct 6, 2014
MYERSATOR said:
I had the same question before when switched the job. I called the call centre and they literally said "this change has no bearing in the decision making process".. So the answer would be - you don't have to tell them of this change.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, @MYERSATOR! :)

Guapa

Oct 6, 2014
Hi guys,

We need some help and clarification.
So here is the story: My wife is here in Canada as a visitor. Her visitor visa expires on November 9th (in a month). We are preparing inland application. Almost done with collecting all the documents ( Just waiting for FBI clearance. she was studying in US for more than 6 months.) Dont know why FBI takes so long, we sent the request on August 9th, they cashed the check Sept 9th, and we still didnt receive the document.) Regardless if we get FBI clearance or not, our lawyer said we will sent the application the latest on November 1.

My question is: Since we are applying inland, do we need to extend my wifes visitor visa? As per our lawyer ( as we all know they make mistakes as well), she stated that they never extended visitors status for inland applicants and that applicant will be under "implied status".

Can you please please please tell us is thats the case. we are really concerned and def dont want to do something wrong.

any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you