+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
nurse2012 said:
My ecas didn't change. I called cic today, the agent said it's only the sponsor part approved. I'm not approved in principle yet. My part is still in process. So I still don't have AIP yet. I guess the progress of different officer is different. I just wish I can get AIP tomorrow . Wish ortom luck too.

I thought when your spoksor was approved that was "first part" or AIP?

Mazar_Sponsor

Sep 21, 2014
Vancouver, Burnaby
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YanTran said:
Hi everybody,
I sent my Application for Permanent Residence From Within Canada (spouse in canada class) 2 weeks ago. However, we didnt get any confirmation from CIC even the tracking number showed that they received it 2 weeks ago. Would anybody let me know how long does it usually take to get the confirmation from CIC. I'm so worried about that :(
Thank you very much !!!
Once CIC receives it, it takes 55 days to send an AoR letter with your applicants file number to check Ecas. Be patience. You only has passed 2 weeks. Couple more to go

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
nurse2012 said:
My ecas didn't change. I called cic today, the agent said it's only the sponsor part approved. I'm not approved in principle yet. My part is still in process. So I still don't have AIP yet. I guess the progress of different officer is different. I just wish I can get AIP tomorrow . Wish ortom luck too.
I don't know if it's a concerne of yours, but if I remember well, you can apply for OWP even with just the sponsor approval.

Mazar_Sponsor

Sep 21, 2014
Vancouver, Burnaby
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nurse2012 said:
Looking at your AoR date, you have a long way to go. Your being assessed if your eligible to sponsor. If you have passed that, they work on the applicants case for the next 6-7months depending on visa officer and how fast they clear files.

Goodluck

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Apparently they are different, there is two parts to first stage approval. I believe we have sponsor approval only (if that's what the letter is) and no AIP. I think we'll see some movement soon :)
MiriMinBC said:
I thought when your spoksor was approved that was "first part" or AIP?

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Not true. It can take much longer. CIC got my application on April 3rd. I got an AOR on August 7th.

Mazar_Sponsor said:
Once CIC receives it, it takes 55 days to send an AoR letter with your applicants file number to check Ecas. Be patience. You only has passed 2 weeks. Couple more to go

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azarme09 said:
Not true. It can take much longer. CIC got my application on April 3rd. I got an AOR on August 7th.
I guess there's no specific time frame. 2014 applicants have a significant delay for AOR, some people who applied in the beginning of the year still haven't got it. I think as a normal time, it takes about 2 - 3 weeks, as you can see in the spreadsheet, most of people in 2013 get it before completing a month.

nurse2012

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Jan 19, 2015
ortom said:
Apparently they are different, there is two parts to first stage approval. I believe we have sponsor approval only (if that's what the letter is) and no AIP. I think we'll see some movement soon :)
Yeah, that's what I got, only sponsor approval but no AIP.

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mazar_Sponsor said:
Looking at your AoR date, you have a long way to go. Your being assessed if your eligible to sponsor. If you have passed that, they work on the applicants case for the next 6-7months depending on visa officer and how fast they clear files.

Goodluck
What she means is that from AIP (Sponsorship Approval + Initial Assessment of Principal Applicant), until now she only have confirmation of the Sponsorship Approval, both parts of AIP come together though, or very close. The 6-7 months you're talking about is the Principal Applicant process itself, when we wait for DM.

Brazilian Canadian

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nurse2012 said:
Maybe you'll get AIP+DM right away!!! :)

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Nurse2012 according to ruppcs you can apply for an OWP now. Did you send one with your application? If not maybe try the online option.

ruppcs said:
Hi fellow inlanders,

Hubby received his work permit today. That is after receiving first stage approval on July 17. At the time, there was some discussion around whether this was considered AIP, so I thought I would share this info. Here are the circumstances:

-We both received emails from CPC-M on July 17. Mine contained a letter stating that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Hubby's letter requested documents proving our relationship. There was nothing stating that he could now apply for a work permit. This led to a bit of confusion. We called the call center a couple of times. In typical fashion, one agent said this meant he could apply for and receive a work permit, the other said his opinion was he wouldn't get a permit since only the sponsor was approved. I floated this out on the forum and the responses were similarly split.
-I think it was the following day, maybe two days max. that he sent bank statements, last year's tax return and proof he is on my employer health care plan to CPC-M. At the same time, he sent in an application for a work permit to CPC-V.
-Today he received the 2 year work permit in the mail. We still have not heard anything form CPC-M regarding immigration status.

So, I just wanted to clear that up for everyone. If you only receive first stage sponsor approval you can then apply for a work permit - which was my understanding all along. Talk of not being able to get it after first stage approval really stressed me out since CPC-M is so unpredictable. At least now he can work, make money, get out of the house and feel human again while waiting for this process to be over. For those of you wondering, we are July 26, 2013 applicants.

nurse2012

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
Jan 19, 2015
Hi all, thank you for all your replies. I just got an email saying that I meet the requirements to apply PR, so this is the AIP. According to cic agent, ortom is right. AIP has two parts. But once the sponsor is approved, the A IP should be coming soon.

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
nurse2012 said:
Hi all, thank you for all your replies. I just got an email saying that I meet the requirements to apply PR, so this is the AIP. According to cic agent, ortom is right. AIP has two parts. But once the sponsor is approved, the A IP should be coming soon.
Yay! Congrats. :) Yeah, it usually doesn't take too long for the applicant to get their AIP once the sponsor is approved. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for DM now!

Mango111

Sep 7, 2014
CherPare said:
I was told they didn't need to be informed until after baby was born but I am of the belief that it is good relationship proof at any point. I think you can update your file at any time?? But if the agent recommends to wait, maybe it is the best way to go. :)

I am just over 3 months and was told by my doctor that maybe to wait until the 20 week scan is done and send the ultrasound photo in as proof along with a letter. I think it doesn't matter how you do it as long as you have a doctors note and you are further along. :)

Thanks for the information.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
yulialake said:
Hi everybody! :)
I'm new on this forum. Got a couple questions for you. My application has been received in Sep 24, 2013. And this is the only one thing it shows in my ecas. But I noticed that a lot of people mentioned they have dates when CIC started working on their application or when they received a medical results. If those information doesn't appear in my ecas it means something is wrong? Cuz I have sent my medical results with my app. And also another question: obviously my medical and police check has been expired, how high is a chance that I have to redo it again? Should I do it before they even start working on my case? Or should I just wait? Thank you!
I was told by my lawyer to send my medical and my background check along with the application package. Doesn't really make sense since a lot can happen in the 13 months (originally 8 lawl) while we wait...