May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
screech339 said:
Yes you can apply outland after you get a confirmed withdrawal of your inland application. The only thing is that you would have to resubmit a new police report and a new medical test (depending on how far along the process you were inland).

Screech339
You'll never get a confirmation of withdrawal. It's best to apply outland right away, after you send the notice.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lellen said:
You'll never get a confirmation of withdrawal. It's best to apply outland right away, after you send the notice.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

This is written in the guide:

You may NOT sponsor if you...

•have already applied to sponsor your current spouse or common‑law partner and a decision on your application has not yet been made.

This is why you need to officially withdraw the old PR application before submitting a new PR application. You cannot just submit a new PR just because you submitted a notice. The old application must be officially withdrawn before submitting a new application.

If you look at IMM1344, you will see a question:

Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members. You have to have answer Yes and thus could make your new PR application deem void on account that you are submitting a new application before final decision of "Withdrawn" is completed.

I have seen a case in a PGP sponsorship as well. A fellow member ninaroy had to withdraw her 2014 PGP before she can officially submit a new upcoming 2015 PGP. I believe she was told to officially withdrawn the application before she can submit a new one. I suspects the same rules applies. In fact Ninaroy was able to get an official confirmation that her 2014 PGP application was withdrawn.

Screech339

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28 2014 (Inland AOR - CIC's mistake)
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Son's birth certificate request (Jun 11 2015)
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 3 2015. CoPR July 8 2015
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
Ponga said:
The form is IMM5710.

Make sure to write in bold letters across the top of the first page:
`OWP submitted with In-Canada Spousal Sponsorship application. Process after AIP'

If CIC were to process your OWP before you have first stage approval (AIP) on your PR application, it would be denied, because it is the AIP itself that qualifies you for the OWP.
Ponga - Thank you so much for your detailed answer.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
screech339 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

This is written in the guide:

You may NOT sponsor if you...

•have already applied to sponsor your current spouse or common‑law partner and a decision on your application has not yet been made.

This is why you need to officially withdraw the old PR application before submitting a new PR application. You cannot just submit a new PR just because you submitted a notice. The old application must be officially withdrawn before submitting a new application.

If you look at IMM1344, you will see a question:

Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members. You have to have answer Yes and thus could make your new PR application deem void on account that you are submitting a new application before final decision of "Withdrawn" is completed.

I have seen a case in a PGP sponsorship as well. A fellow member ninaroy had to withdraw her 2014 PGP before she can officially submit a new upcoming 2015 PGP. I believe she was told to officially withdrawn the application before she can submit a new one. I suspects the same rules applies. In fact Ninaroy was able to get an official confirmation that her 2014 PGP application was withdrawn.

Screech339
They should formally withdraw their application before applying again, but if they wait for a confirmation it could be either six months of them waiting or waiting forever. I withdrew my application four months ago and I still haven't received anything about it. I had to call two weeks later and the call centre agent told me there was a note on my file, but they never replied to me. You just have to assume they received it. I'm only clarifying this based on my own experience.

*edit: when we sent our new outland application, we submitted a copy of the withdrawal letter. I guess it helped that it had only been three months since we sent the inland application and they hadn't even opened our file. But my outland application is advancing even though I never received a notice AND I received an AOR for my inland application two months after sending my outland one.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lellen said:
They should formally withdraw their application before applying again, but if they wait for a confirmation it could be either six months of them waiting or waiting forever. I withdrew my application four months ago and I still haven't received anything about it. I had to call two weeks later and the call centre agent told me there was a note on my file, but they never replied to me. You just have to assume they received it. I'm only clarifying this based on my own experience.

*edit: when we sent our new outland application, we submitted a copy of the withdrawal letter. I guess it helped that it had only been three months since we sent the inland application and they hadn't even opened our file. But my outland application is advancing even though I never received a notice AND I received an AOR for my inland application two months after sending my outland one.
I just hope your outland application doesn't get screwed up from the slow cancellation of the inland application. Let me know how it turned out for you.

Screech339

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Thanks for your wishes.

folks-g

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/2013
Doc's Request.
OWP with app
Nomination.....
AIP/OWP JAN 29 2014
AOR Received.
05/06/2013
IELTS Request
docs requested jan 29
Med's Done....
15/05/2013
Hey guys got my pr card today landed on the 29th of july very happy. To those waiting plz do not lose hope.

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Congrat Silverfoxx.. Just wonder when did CIC receive your application ?

On my client site, it says CIC received on Aug.9, 2013 even though I've fedexed our application on July 20, 2013.

When you say you've applied for PR on July 29, 2013, what do you mean?

thanks

silverfoxx said:
My wife applied for Pr July 29 2013. We got an email on Sept 11 saying, She meets the requirements to apply for pr. and her work permit application has been approved and is valid until Sept 11 2017. We are so happy we are finally past the first stage. We are now wanting to go on a holiday and are wondering if it will be a problem. We travelled alot while she just had a student permit before we submitted our application.

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Brazilian Canadian said:
How this could have happened??? :eek:
Things are so not organized with CIC Spouse Sponsorship... very afraid.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/permanent-resident-card-mixup-with-woman-s-face-a-big-problem-says-chestermere-man-1.2764530
Here's the most BS quote. "It's not clear how long Brown will have to wait before getting his correct card.".

No, it should have said that CIC has responded and is having another made immediately and sending it by courier this week. This man should not have to wait at all again for a new card.

islandgirl25

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
Maxician said:
It's been more than 8 months after I got the AIP. The call center agent just told me that CIC is still waiting for my security checks (In-Canada), and that I can't do anything about it but continue being patient... everything has a damn limit!
it's been about 8 months for me as well, i didn't even waste time calling b/c i know what those twits will say...smh...last i called, they were still doing background checks in-canada....if the FBI can do all of this w/in 2 months...why can't canada?? the US is way more populated than canada...smh..just more red tape bull shit

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MiriMinBC said:
Here's the most BS quote. "It's not clear how long Brown will have to wait before getting his correct card.".

No, it should have said that CIC has responded and is having another made immediately and sending it by courier this week. This man should not have to wait at all again for a new card.
The thing is the man would have to get another photo made for the card again before they can issue a new one. It is possible that the woman on the card have gotten the mixed up as well. Her card could have the man's photo.

post-kt

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
hello ..please help me out here in case we apply for outland sponsorship and withdraw the inland application ...can I still visit Canada during the outland application is in process

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
My wife will have her medical this Friday. Do we need to bring a passport size picture?thanks

Princess029

Dec 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 23, 2013
AOR Received.
September 15, 2013/ Start pocessing
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
March 2014
Hi all, I just need to know how's the JULY applicants? I'm not on this forum often for now since only frustrations I'll get from all the news. Did anyone ever heard from CIC this time?

jen1975

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2014....CPC-M
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
14-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2013...(DM)
LANDED..........
26-08-2014 in Montreal
nismopinoy said:
My wife will have her medical this Friday. Do we need to bring a passport size picture?thanks

Yes you do